SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   i consider what i did a flatspin 270 on my hawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/i-consider-what-i-did-flatspin-270-my-hawk-16920/)

Death Cattle 12-05-2008 04:57 PM

i consider what i did a flatspin 270 on my hawk

last night, i went down. i was just leaving work, hit a right turn at no kind of fast speed, and my back tire broke loose. before i knew it i was backwards and then sideways, then rolling on the ground watching my bike slide ahead of me. pretty much minor damage all around. i ankle is super sprained, im pretty surprised that it isnt broken, even though sprains usually hurt more than breaks. my wrist is stiff as hell, but thats pretty much it for my damage. i havent had a chance to look completely over my bike yet, but the left side of the fairing has a nice chunk missing and some other parts torn up. the left mirror might be busted. the shifter is worthless, the mid pipe on the left side has a nice big flat spot now. the footpeg is no longer on the bike. thats about it though from what ive seen. i think i was pretty lucky, though it still sucks. ill probably be searching for parts soon. ill probably post pictures at some point also.

RPV-Hawk 12-05-2008 05:09 PM

That's what you get for painting a hawk green! *lol*
Just kidding man. Hope you heal up soon. Parts can be replaced...riders cant.

BlackHawk996 12-05-2008 05:10 PM

glad you're alright... mostly alright haha. fix it up and jump back on!

jbaxx 12-05-2008 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear that. Sounds a lot like my recent low-speed highside, so I feel your pain. One minute everything is fine, the next thing you know you're on the ground thinking WTF?!?! Good luck on getting your bike fixed soon!

Wolverine 12-05-2008 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear the news. Hope you heal up quick. Cold tires are a beach.

Kendrick 12-05-2008 05:22 PM

Good to hear you're relatively okay. I'd help you out, but jbaxx already has my spare left mirror:rolleyes:

Death Cattle 12-05-2008 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by RPV-Hawk (Post 191573)
That's what you get for painting a hawk green! *lol*
Just kidding man. Hope you heal up soon. Parts can be replaced...riders cant.

haha, i guess i had it coming then.

Originally Posted by BlackHawk996 (Post 191574)
glad you're alright... mostly alright haha. fix it up and jump back on!

i absolutely plan on doing just that. i cant wait to tear up the streets again. im done for the winter though. because of my ankle, it will put me out long enough for it to get to being snowy weather. oh well, ill just have to do some extra snowboarding and snowmobiling this year to make up for it. im bummed for now though, i want to ride so damn bad. oh well. i suppose ill live. at least for now i get to ride an electric scooter around work. haha.

nuhawk 12-05-2008 05:47 PM

Cold tires, cold tires, cold tires. Then there's the green issue!

RickB 12-05-2008 06:37 PM

Glad you're alright...

Hotbrakes 12-05-2008 06:44 PM

Get some boots! My feet are something I wouldn't want to live without and proper riding boots have saved them twice. Glad to hear the bike was ok....and you too of course. ;)

VTRsurfer 12-05-2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes (Post 191593)
Get some boots! My feet are something I wouldn't want to live without and proper riding boots have saved them twice.

+1 I bought boots 2 1/2 years ago, and I can't believe I rode in sneakers for 25 years. I sprained my ankle pretty good 20 years ago in a get-off on a freeway transition road.

Get well soon, and protect your wrists while snowboarding.;)

g_clarke_2008 12-05-2008 07:07 PM

Glad to hear you're mostly OK, I have the stock pegs off my bike when you need them but that's all I can help you out with.

Death Cattle 12-05-2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 191583)
Cold tires, cold tires, cold tires. Then there's the green issue!

cold tires indeed, and damn, i didnt realize green was such an issue. haha. i like it.

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes (Post 191593)
Get some boots! My feet are something I wouldn't want to live without and proper riding boots have saved them twice. Glad to hear the bike was ok....and you too of course. ;)

im definitely going to. ive been looking at boots, i just havent gotten around to getting any yet. anything you or anyone else would recommend?

Originally Posted by g_clarke_2008 (Post 191597)
Glad to hear you're mostly OK, I have the stock pegs off my bike when you need them but that's all I can help you out with.

thanks. ill keep that in mind, i might be needing them.

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 191595)
+1 I bought boots 2 1/2 years ago, and I can't believe I rode in sneakers for 25 years. I sprained my ankle pretty good 20 years ago in a get-off on a freeway transition road.

Get well soon, and protect your wrists while snowboarding.;)

what kind of boots did you get? i definitely try to stay safe while snowboarding. i love the nice deep powder, so im ususally well protected if i fall. haha

Byrdman 12-05-2008 10:11 PM

I bought this boots and love them:D they are great for riding and walking around, very comfortable. A little bit pricey, but I think Worth it

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...MX-2-Boot.aspx

oahu hawk 12-05-2008 10:50 PM

good that you're okay...

I wear a pair of these, bought them when they were called Oxtar, they're a great boot for the $$$...my foot size runs a little wide and these fit the bill perfectly...

http://www.newenough.com/boots/racin...cle_boots.html

side note: New Enough is a family run business and has some of the best prices around...

MLB 12-06-2008 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Death Cattle (Post 191572)
last night, i went down. i was just leaving work, hit a right turn at no kind of fast speed, and my back tire broke loose. before i knew it i was backwards and then sideways, then rolling on the ground watching my bike slide ahead of me. pretty much minor damage all around. i ankle is super sprained, im pretty surprised that it isnt broken, even though sprains usually hurt more than breaks. my wrist is stiff as hell, but thats pretty much it for my damage. i havent had a chance to look completely over my bike yet, but the left side of the fairing has a nice chunk missing and some other parts torn up. the left mirror might be busted. the shifter is worthless, the mid pipe on the left side has a nice big flat spot now. the footpeg is no longer on the bike. thats about it though from what ive seen. i think i was pretty lucky, though it still sucks. ill probably be searching for parts soon. ill probably post pictures at some point also.

I had an original Hawk GT (red) that I wanted to paint either yellow or a dark almost forest green after photoshopping it.
Funny that there was then a oem yellow SH and now your green one.
Bummer about the injuries and damage. Heal fast. ;)

Gregw 12-06-2008 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by oahu hawk (Post 191608)
...my foot size runs a little wide and these fit the bill perfectly...

My feet are wide also. A lot of boots were uncomfortably narrow. I found these fit nicely and aren't loud.
http://www.newenough.com/boots/water...cle_boots.html

Death Cattle 12-06-2008 09:34 AM

thanks for all the advice on boots. i definitely like alpinestars boots. always have.

VTRsurfer 12-06-2008 10:01 AM

Go with what fits best. I had trouble finding boots that I could shift with until I tried Dainese Torque In boots with a slim toe that fits under the shifter without adjustment and good forward flexibility at the ankle. Very comfortable, but somewhat pricey at $270.

captainchaos 12-10-2008 08:08 PM

+1 on getting some good gear. Get it used off ebay and save a ton of $. Glad to hear you made out ok. I swear I saw a superhawk in the EXACT same color down here in south florida.

Death Cattle 12-10-2008 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 192130)
+1 on getting some good gear. Get it used off ebay and save a ton of $. Glad to hear you made out ok. I swear I saw a superhawk in the EXACT same color down here in south florida.

haha, i would be surprised, its a pretty unique lime green. you never know though. it definitely wasnt me though. i live in washington.

steve.g 12-11-2008 07:28 AM

Glad your alright mate... I got a spare left mirror and a few other bits.PM me if you need anything. :)

Death Cattle 12-11-2008 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by steve.g (Post 192178)
Glad your alright mate... I got a spare left mirror and a few other bits.PM me if you need anything. :)

awesome, ill most likely get that from you. i have to go to the shop sometime this week to find out what certain parts are going to cost. but that should save me money if i get it from you, so ill let you know. thanks.