General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I caused a fenderbender yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Back Marker

thegreep
I caused a fenderbender yesterday

I am a believer in not running lights when they change. I think however I may have taken it a bit too far yesterday. . .I was coming up to the light to get on the freeway and it changed so I stopped short of the stop line. From behind me I heard screeching and looked in the mirror to see the car behind me lurch forward as it was hit from behind. I can't help feeling that the perdicament of the two people behind me was my fault. The other side of me thinks that I am dammed lucky the car behind me was able to stop before hitting me.

Don't forget to watch what's going on behind you - It might save your life.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Thats why I always keep the bike in gear at a light.
Just be glad you werent the guy behind you.

Until I see the person behind me has stopped, then I'll put it in neutral to wait for the light.

Also when you pull up behind someone else at a light. Pull off to one side or another in case the guy behind you doesnt stop you have a better chance a escape if your not pinned directly behind the car in front of you.

Just some tips to help out.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: I caused a fenderbender yesterday

I don't know how many times I "squeaked" through an intersection (bike or car) on a stale yellow/changing red and thought to myself, "That was close. Somebody who just got the new green and has right of way could have hit me".

And then I look in my rearview mirror and see not one but two or even three more cars right on my *** doing the same thing! WTF!!!!!

That's what those two cars behind you were planning to do before you "chickened out". Their fault plain and simple. Don't feel guilty about their poor judgement.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Squid

tony.wilde1

Originally Posted by thegreep";p=&quot
I am a believer in not running lights when they change. I think however I may have taken it a bit too far yesterday. . .I was coming up to the light to get on the freeway and it changed so I stopped short of the stop line. From behind me I heard screeching and looked in the mirror to see the car behind me lurch forward as it was hit from behind. I can't help feeling that the perdicament of the two people behind me was my fault. The other side of me thinks that I am dammed lucky the car behind me was able to stop before hitting me.

Don't forget to watch what's going on behind you - It might save your life.
theres no way you have to feel responsible for that accident mate,i guess the rules in your version of the highway code are about the same as ours..."KEEP YOUR DISTANCE"...obviously the drivers behind didnt... :wink:
Old 10-14-2005, 08:46 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
WHAT THE F#@% WERE YOU THINKING!! I can't believe you, what's your f'n problem, stoping at a red light! It's people like you that cause us tailgaters and light runners to get into accidents! If it wasn't for people like you the roads would be MUCH safer, you ahole. Oh yeah and always look in your mirrors at a light. A buddy of mine saw it comming in the mirror so he bailed on the bike and got away unharmed. The bike wasn't so lucky as his gsxr got sandwiched between truck and car! CELLPHONE, be careful.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:36 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point

the porblem here is obvious....it's the citys fault. they should of posted one of these signs.