General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Wrecked the Shawk yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
Unhappy Wrecked the Shawk yesterday

I went for a ride with some guys I meet on the MH forum out on Crab River Road. All was good until some jackass in a cage drove by waving like a crazy fool. I thought someone had gone down ahead of me or that there was a cop ahead, so my concentration was broke and I went into a 90o turn to hot and started to lowside, but then the bike decided it was time for a highside and I got tossed into the ditch. I did manage to slow down enough to not totally destroy my bike but it is undrivable. I am sore and bruised all over. But I did learn that later in the day another group was out there and two bikes went down, one was 2up and all three involved passed away. I do feel extremely lucky and fortunate to have walked out of this.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:34 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yikes! Sorry to hear that happened. It's a shame. Glad you came out ok though.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
Glad to hear your relatively OK. It's sobering to find out someone has wrecked and died in the same place the you wrecked.

Pieces can fix the bike. Glad your still around to put the pieces on.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that, good to hear you are relatively OK.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Superstock

johnnyhonda is on a distinguished road
It always sucks to go down, but when you ride a motorcycle it apart of life. Everyone has some crazy crash story they tell. My father always says " You don't ask IF another rider went down, you ask how many times and how bad."

Unfortunatly there's nothing you can do, all you can hope for is that god is there to protect you from the fatel part of it. I sorry to hear that you crashed, and that three other riders crashed and past away. God must have been there for you. Hope you get better soon, and I hope you're out riding the the hawk sooner then later. God bless.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
Attack life, its gonna kill you anyway!
Damn she got a good try at it !!
I hope that you and your bike heal soon. Careful with those idiots they are everywhere..
Old 04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Both of the other guys that had crashes similar to mine on the same day as mine went to the morgue. Why not me? It's not a question that I ask myself everytime I get on the bike because there was the dozer and the chipper and the chainsaw and the Ford coupe and a Cutlass - they all could have killed me but it wasn't their day. If you have to crash - crash best. It sounds like you did the best you could and it could have saved your life! You wrecked a motorcycle but you had one of the best days of your life!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Back Marker

rooster is on a distinguished road
Stupid question but did you ever find oun what the driver was waving at and did they stop and turn around to help after the wreck? What is the condition of the bike besides not driveable? Oh glad to hear you are okay ( sorry if I came off as a heartless bastard).
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Let us all learn from it, though.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:12 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Glad you are ok. I am the same as Nuhawk, I just got up from my recent crash, with no breaks or anything. I reckon another hit the same as that one would put me away on another day.

Sometimes you get lucky, I am not gunna argue.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:02 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about that but glad to hear you're going to be ok
Old 04-24-2007, 04:48 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey at least you got it out of the way and you lived to tell about it. We all go down or have been down at some point or another. That's a risk we are willing to take every time we ride. We only have to pray that in case something happens, you gonna be alive after it happens. Glad you are ok.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
While I've had a few minor crashes, I do know some very good riders who are fast, put in a lot of miles & have never crashed. There are a lot of things we can do to minimize the chances of crashing. (Now actually doing them is another issue.)
That said, some crashes are unavoidable, no matter how good a rider you are.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 AM
MotoGP

I hope you're better today than yesterday. I remember how important it was to me to haul my *** to the computer to read what the guys had posted those first few days. It meant a lot to me. You can't splash your body like that without hurting from head to foot. When Kevin crashed on the track (and had pictures of it here) he was sore, stiff, bruised for weeks. Give yourself some time. It took a few days for me to hear it but everybody kept saying, "Quit bitching about the bike!" Smile and go back to bed!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
I do apreciate all the concern, I feel a bit better today, but I am going to the doctor to get checked out, just in case. My left leg is killing me as well as my neck and my rib cage. As far as the bike goes, alot of it is cosmetics, but I did manage to rip my front brake resovoir off bend the bars pretty bad, busted off the right foot peg bent my exaust inward and thats just what I noticed from glancing at it. I have'nt had a chance to really inspect it good yet.
I am very happy that I came away like I did, this is my third spill on this bike, last time it took awhile for me to get back on it, financially and mentally. But I'm thinking about getting a new bike soon. This ones been through enough.
I did find out that the girl that was on one of the other guys bikes DID survive after all, she has a long road to recovery though. Poor thing is 19 and was here on a church trip from Norway.I have really been praying for this child, I hope her faith will get her through it.
The guys that were riding with me told me that the cager was probly a local that was flagging me to tell me to slow down , that they do that alot. My buddy said he's even had one swerve at him before. These roads are all back roads with no homes within miles of them so I see no harm in us enjoying them , I could understand if this was a very populated area, but its not . I think some people just get retarded when they see a motorcycle that does'nt say harley on it. "mama sez dem sportbikes is da devil".
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Wow! That sucks to hear. Hope you have a full speedy recovery.

Any idea if the cager was waving at you to warn you about something ahead? Was it the other accidents he was trying to tell you about?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Superstock

SH1000MA is on a distinguished road
good to hear you are ok man good luck with the recovery!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
A get off quick you can walk away from is not so bad...Sucks to hear it...God speed in the recovory, and getting the ole girl back up and running...
Old 04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
I'll be getting her fixed soon, but I may sell her and buy a new bike. She's been thruogh alot with me, but it's just a thought for now.
I do need some parts though. I need a front brake resovoir and a set of dirt bike style handle bars. Someone hook me up!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Squid

superbird is on a distinguished road
Glad you walked, Texas. Now comes the hard part... which V-twin.. so many to choose from these days...
I sadly was in your shoes not 18 months ago myself. Totaled my VTR, now what ? After almost no forethought I went out and found a cheap Superhawk and bought it and havn't looked back.
Hope your new ride serves you well, whatever it is.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
If I do get another bike it will be a four cylinder. I know I know I'm going over to the dark side.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:19 PM
MotoGP

Well, if it's gotta be a four buy a VFR. Viva la V!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
Thought about it, but I am lookin at the cbr1000rr or the gsxr1000.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Damn. Sorry about your get-off, and doubly sorry you ain't right in the head. If you're thinking about selling the Hawk and picking up an I4 you MUST have bumped your head a bit hard. Best have that checked out.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Squid

bluedog66 is on a distinguished road
I got my crash out of the way with my 1988 Ninja, hopefully the vtr will never have to taste pavement...

Good to hear your ok, its never fun crashing and its even worse having to stare at the aftermath. But like others have said, atleast you have been given the chance to ride another day.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 PM
MotoGP

I could own a 1000rr. But then again, I could own a lot of bikes that could sit next to the VTR and the VFR

What did the doctor say about your leg? I have my final visit with the Sturgeons and Neurodweebs next week to find out whether or not they're going to cut my right hand off! It might ease the tingling sensation. Fugging Morons - I can't wait!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
I got off alot easier than you, just a pulled muscle and a bunch of deep bruising, and I had a mild concusion. Pulled muscles in my leg and my neck and my entire rib cage was bruised. I guess thats what happens when a Superhawk bodyslams you.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:09 AM
MotoGP

Easier than me? Sounds like you got packed pretty good! Thank God for good helmets and good gear because if you think about the meager few more foot/pounds to a very permanent ending is so slight! Oh, well, keep cleaning the garage and it will get better with time. I got a bunch of stock stuff to get your bike ready so post up when you have a parts list.