General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hi From the UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Squid

griff500 is on a distinguished road
Hi From the UK

Hi from across the pond in the sunny UK (well not so sunny but hey what can you do? )love the Superhawk forum lots of interesting stuff and masses of useful information and tips.
my Superhawk ( or Firestorm here in Europe) pictured below at the Manx GP, is only very lightly modified, basic stuff like fork springs, brakes etc but they really trans form the bike and I have a lot of fun on it.
Name:  IMG_20140814_135453_zps98554f71.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  134.4 KB
Spent the weekend with some likeminded owners blasting around rural wales, a good time was had by all

Name:  IMG_20140913_121437_zps0a952e36.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  127.8 KB
Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Nice lookin' bike and nice first post. You have some awesome riding buddies! It looks like a dozen or so Firestorms. I would LOVE to hear that rolling down the road. Was this a cruise with members from VTR1000.org?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Welcome! Nice lookin' bike and nice first post. You have some awesome riding buddies! It looks like a dozen or so Firestorms. I would LOVE to hear that rolling down the road. Was this a cruise with members from VTR1000.org?
thanks for the welcome and yes it was the annual VTR1000.org weekend away / ride out in Wales, and as can be seen it was a pretty good turnout, plus with all the bikes running race/aftermarket exhausts the roar was something a bit special too.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:59 AM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
Welcome. Nice little group of riders there!
IOM =
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Spoot
IOM =
Yeah the IOM is good, it’s nice to be able to ride without worrying about speed limits, although these de-restricted areas are getting less by the year, it’s now only the mountain section of the course that is truly limit free these days. But I still love the IOM in fact I liked it so much when I first went over 20+ years ago I married a Manx girl, so now I get to go 4-5 times a year to see the in laws
Old 09-15-2014, 05:34 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Looks like 18 or so brethren made the ride, nice! I don't recall a US VTR ride having that many.

BTW, did someone mention to y'all that you were riding on the wrong side of the rode?

IOM is #1 on my bucket list...
Old 09-15-2014, 05:41 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Good work lining up the colors from fastest to slowest.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:45 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
7more7 I think your color (colour)blind.

Red should be up the front if that was the case!

Weclome Griff it's funny to see you on here as a squid.

Heaps of info on the Org site eh!,
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by kenmoore
Heaps of info on the Org site eh!,
yeah there is I'm currently researching, brake caliper / MC upgrades and a possible flat bar conversion, plenty of reading to do ,
Old 09-21-2014, 06:14 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Welcome griff. Moved ya to the general forum. Maybe you could help me with something. I recently joined a Firestorm group on Facebook. Seems like all they do on there is bust on yellow vtr's and generally talk about colors. What's with all the hatin? I've had a little fun with it a few times, but it seems to never end.

And awesome group pic. i wish we could get a bunch of guys together like that now...
Old 09-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Squid

bigspanishmarty is on a distinguished road
hi griff, I just fitted sp2 calipers and braided lines and Armstrong wavy discs, I've also just got hold of a sp2 m/c, but even with the standard m/c the braking is awesome.
gutted I couldn't make the op storm in wales this year, deffo be there next year mate.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
Good work lining up the colors from fastest to slowest.
Could also be that the other "colours" were given a handicap.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:00 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Welcome griff. Moved ya to the general forum. Maybe you could help me with something. I recently joined a Firestorm group on Facebook. Seems like all they do on there is bust on yellow vtr's and generally talk about colors. What's with all the hatin? I've had a little fun with it a few times, but it seems to never end.

And awesome group pic. i wish we could get a bunch of guys together like that now...
I don't think it's serious just a bit of banter, and on the run out above the yellows were definitely the ones out front
Old 09-30-2014, 06:04 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by bigspanishmarty
hi griff, I just fitted sp2 calipers and braided lines and Armstrong wavy discs, I've also just got hold of a sp2 m/c, but even with the standard m/c the braking is awesome.
gutted I couldn't make the op storm in wales this year, deffo be there next year mate.
looks like I'll soon be the proud owner of a rather tatty and unloved CBR 6 F4, the intention is to tart it up and sell it on but I may just swap the brakes before I sell it.