General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

HEEL ON SHOE MARKIN UP MY PIPE! yuck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
HEEL ON SHOE MARKIN UP MY PIPE! yuck!

hey guys... its been a long time no talk for me! that shows the forum worked wonders on me so well i am out enjoyin my bike instead of tinkerin with jetting! thanks for all the help.

anyways,

there are a couple black marks on my exhaust pipe from the heel of my shoe. ide rather not use cloth/fiberglass pipe wrap , and something cool lookin. chrome is ok, but my pipes are more of a grayish color(MIG high mounts) . any ideas on what to use or where to get? just wanna cover up the marks. thanks guys!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: HEEL ON SHOE MARKIN UP MY PIPE! yuck!

Go to lockhart phillips or similar vendor and look in their exhaust section. they have these chrome shields that install with a hose type clamp around the up pipes. Around $10 a piece or so. Don't leave home without them.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:45 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

OMFG I just posted the exact same topic this second. Now is that a weird coincidence?

I searched LP's site and don't see em.

WB Cleveland. Figured you sold your bike.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:57 PM
MotoGP

A guick google found these (second item):

http://www.instantop.com/CyclePage/Exhaust.htm

but I've found them cheaper. I think it was chaparral racing in their hard copy catalog. Of course, I just threw that catalog away. I could not find them on their website.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Superstock

kmm996

You could just buy a $3.00 can of Easy Off Oven cleaner. spray it on the mark, let it set for a minute and wipe it off. Don't get it on any paint though, or you'll wipe it off too. That way you don't have to buy any thing that covers up your pipes.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:09 AM
MotoGP

Great idea but you are treating the symptom not curing the illness. Guys with high mounts have to deal with this all the time.

I'm slight different in that I run RC51 pipes yet I too need them. I can now actually rest my heel on the pipes while at speed without negative effects. It's as if I have floorboards.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:13 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
You getting ready for hurricane #2 bling, it went through hrere already but it was nothing compared to what it is now! Although it should hit east of you I think.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble

Hey guys.... thanks for the tips!

NORRTH ........

what?!?!? me sell my dirty little hawk?! god no. have been riding like mad. put 5,500 miles on it already. love every minute. except for the occassional blue flame around 2-3k on decel... everything is perfect. opened up my mix screws to 3 turns from 2.5, still same puff puff puff. yes, pair is gone.... but do you THINK i need to put caps on the two plastic 3" tubes that come out of the carbs that connect to the upper left and lower right of the bottom of the airbox? you know, the ones thats are hard plastic that can pivot. i have a piece of tape over em seeing how i was only supposed to block the airbox holes off, nopt the tubes. i dunno. i only got the one hose connected to the box now, the big 1" one comin from the back cyl. guess i should just cap it all off with my rubber plugs eh?

i mean what hoses should be left attached to the airbox? and how did you guys plug the little breather tube from the pair system? the one the size of a pencil that splits off.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:03 PM
SuperSport

Well thats them. I tried googling for an hour and all i could find was harley crap. Thanks!

This may sound lame but check for exhaust leaks. Mine was leaking like crazy front where the rear pipe meets the front header. THERE WAS NO EXHAUST GASKET!! Cured my decel popping instantly.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble

what im sayin is should i CAP OFF every single hose that is routed to the airbox, including ones not related to the PAIR module? i know the two im talkin about are breathers for the cylinders(the big ones)....i think. i guess the best way is to spray some water or somethin on the seals to see if its leakin where the exhaust attaches to the cylinder eh? im not too savvy on the hiss noise they make to know better
Old 08-28-2005, 08:36 PM
SuperSport

I'm pretty sure we capped off every hose to the airbox. Yes, the big breather hoses from the cylinder