General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Heads up ! watch your 6

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Back Marker

Super Hawk Pro is on a distinguished road
Heads up ! watch your 6

Don't take this the wrong way. But doing this may be hazardous to your health.

On my way riding home I had 2 sport bikes follow me to my drive way . They continued down the street turned around and came back and left out of the area.
I thought they would stop and want to talk about the bikes or maby offer to ride some time which would be fine. But that seemed a little shady, long story short always watch your 6.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:27 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I'd watch my personal possessions for a while. That does sound a lil shady.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:33 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't be the first time I drove past my garage or my house with someone behind me... Call me paranoid but I've known several folks to have their vehicles "asked about" only to have them stolen days later.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:41 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I agree... Stop and talk to them outside your neighborhood, or just keep on going and lose them... Go into home depot or something. Better yet turn into the police station and start talking to a cop like you know him

James
Old 11-29-2014, 05:43 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
That they didn't even stop to talk should give great cause for concern. Be vigilant.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Back Marker

Hey i do know alot of cops. I keep my bikes under lock and key . Also posted in the local area rider groups. My bike is a bit flashy maby eye candy for thiefs.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:27 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
easier said than done sometimes, but snapping a quick pic of said "fans" with a smartphone could dissuade, or possibly provide a viable lead in case the scumbags do strike.....
Old 11-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Back Marker

That's a good idea mikstr I did have plenty of time to grab my phone
Old 11-30-2014, 04:05 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Wouldn't be the first time I drove past my garage or my house with someone behind me... Call me paranoid

I have done the same, many times.. Wouldn't call it paranoid...... Street smart, logical
Old 11-30-2014, 09:58 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
That is a bit dicey but there is a limit to what you can do anyway. Obviously its way trickier where I live to figure which of the 8 million lights are following. The one time I suspected it I was pretty mad.

I followed the car until I was sure he knew I was following. Then stuck with him, did a few wheelies behind him, then pulled up 3mm off his driver door at a redlight. Put my faceshield right up to his window for a minute so he knew I knew his face well, then rode off.

But I am NOT paranoid. (lol).
Old 12-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
then pulled up 3mm off his driver door at a redlight. (lol).
Are you sure it was 3mm, SmokinJoe73?

Always be vigilant folks. All the above mentioned methods of deterring the "shady" kind are good coz ya never know...
Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
That is a bit dicey but there is a limit to what you can do anyway. Obviously its way trickier where I live to figure which of the 8 million lights are following. The one time I suspected it I was pretty mad.

I followed the car until I was sure he knew I was following. Then stuck with him, did a few wheelies behind him, then pulled up 3mm off his driver door at a redlight. Put my faceshield right up to his window for a minute so he knew I knew his face well, then rode off.

But I am NOT paranoid. (lol).
I do this when someone cuts me off, wanders into my lane, etc. If possible, I get close to them at the next stop light, and stare at them untill the light turns.

Years ago, a buddy of mine cut off a sport bike while I was a passenger in the car. The rider did this and it was very intimidating when you can't see eyes or an expression behind a tinted shield.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:28 AM
MotoGP

I would recommend against that in a traffic infraction situation. Here is why. Any emotions and focus you devote to that issue put you in way more immediate danger yourself.

On the road you have to pre-emptively forgive all those infractions and treat the cars like they are robot controlled. That is one of my deepest beliefs in how to survive a zillion dangerous miles.

The race is long but in the end, it is only against yourself.

Those idiot drivers are not responsible for you focus, which is all you have to keep you alive on the road.

That chase thing was for the invasion of house privacy. I gave up taking retribution on drivers years ago after some very sordid stories of NYC street justice.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:23 AM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
They probably thought "this guy seems to know where he's going" and we're hoping to find fun roads. Maybe they were uncomfortable pulling up to someone's house they didn't knnow, kind of awkward.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:08 AM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
I would recommend against that in a traffic infraction situation. Here is why. Any emotions and focus you devote to that issue put you in way more immediate danger yourself.

On the road you have to pre-emptively forgive all those infractions and treat the cars like they are robot controlled. That is one of my deepest beliefs in how to survive a zillion dangerous miles.

The race is long but in the end, it is only against yourself.

Those idiot drivers are not responsible for you focus, which is all you have to keep you alive on the road.

That chase thing was for the invasion of house privacy. I gave up taking retribution on drivers years ago after some very sordid stories of NYC street justice.
Totally agree with you,

its way better to be the bigger person and let it go what ever the guy uhum.. women did,
imagine if everybody acted like a 6 year old in traffic it would be chaos and their would be so much more tailbacks and accidents,
but in rare cases when you felt that it was dangerous what they did you could let them know what they did as a learning moment but do it calm and assertive (cesar milan )

back on topic
in my scooter days i had a 125cc 2 stroke piaggio zip sp 98 custom made
and those here are very populair as get a way vehicle etc.
needles to say ive been chased 3 times and some guys waited near to my house and tried to stop me a few times,
and when it was time to sell it alot of guys where interested, but none of them had any intent to pay
Old 12-09-2014, 03:50 AM
Back Marker

Well I live in a area that is a dead end and just houses are back there.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:12 AM
MotoGP

Its probable that they were just in the mood to follow another bike. Oh and you should move off that dead end street.