General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

GSXR 750 wont leave me alone...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
GSXR 750 wont leave me alone...

Ok so this kid at school with a GSXR750 wont leave me the hell alone about wanting to race me. Well now that I have everything up to par on my bike what do you think my chances are.. Im not a big racer, in fact I hate racing people because its just idiotic on a bike. But how do these things fair in a straight line?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
what year? If you're good you'll beat him to 100 only cause of the low end torque. They have much better power that comes alive up top
Old 08-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Brand new.. but the kid is a retard because he didnt follow the break in rules and he starts it up cold and does burnouts in the parking lot..

Anyways so low end i have him? But up top I would run out?
I think I need to adjust me needles because it pulls better up top then midrange...
Old 08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
SuperBike

even an idiot on a gixxer750 is gonna beat you up top. beat him to 100 and just slow down. Just say I owned you so hard there was no point in continuing. also doing that in orlando isn't going to hurt it (starting cold) and well break in is more of guidelines. There's different methods to it but if he beat the crap out of it to begin with I'm sure it's still fine. Burnouts barely hurt them either other then tires
Old 08-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Keep it on the racetrack or at a trackday. Racing on the streets is extremely dangerous. If he's a total n00b, chances are he won't be able to control his bike, and could very well run into you.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I'd say take him to the twisties and show him the VTR taillight, but as you're in Orlando, that's kinda hard to do.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Smile

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I'd say take him to the twisties and show him the VTR taillight, but as you're in Orlando, that's kinda hard to do.
Yeah no kidding! I miss the twisties so much! I remember taking a ride up to bishops castle in Colorado going through twistie after twistie.. Man the speed limit was 25 around the corners but I was doing a good 50-60.. That was a fun ride! Here in Orlando... Man! nothing but straight highway with a bunch of angry tourists. Did you know Orlando is on the top 3 for the most angry cities in the U.S! Thats messed up!

Anyways yeah im not going to mess with him. I dont like drag racing my bike and wont give him the pleasure of doing something stupid!

Well I just had to know for me basically

Thanks guys!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Squid

miken996
If your a good rider and I mean good did I say good, yes you could probably beat him to 100 but after that the 750 will fly by you like a rocket however if the guy on the 750 can ride you have no chance even at lower rpms the newer 750s have around 133 hp the older ones around 120-125 yes it is available higher in the rpms but if he slips the clutch enough right off the line you will be very surprised that he is right next to you and its only a matter split seconds before he overtakes you and your bouncing off the rev limiter trying to keep up but he just keeps pulling away and fast and the race is over before it even started. As far as the turns go you have a better chance but not much as the 750 is probably as perfect a bike as any out there its almost like it cheats just about liter bike power packed into a tiny frame with awesome handling to boot. With all that said I think the SuperHawk surprises a lot of bikes out their as did my 919 and I must add my 919 I had prior to my superhawk out of a 2003 R1 from one light to another, a TL1000r in mountains, a GSXR1000 in the mountains, a CBR954 with a passenger from a light at 1:30 am, a RC51 roll-on on the highway, and a kawi zzr1200 from a stop and long straight and I pulled him all the way to the next light about 200 yards away the only bike that waxed me was a 2003 GSXR750 and it had a passenger on it and it was from a roll on at 20 mph by the way the 919 was faster than my current superhawk every were in the power band also has the same red line could bounce the rev limiter in 6th gear at a indicated 160 mph OH NO!!! did I just say that. So their you go!! I may get flamed for this behavior but I think its more of an answer your looking for. just remember its your life and your bike and you have to deal with the consequences.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 PM
SuperBike

That post gave me a headache... 06 750 had 127 rwhp. But the guy isn't a good rider which means garuntee he'd be lost in the twisties and bet he can't launch either.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Squid

miken996
Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
That post gave me a headache... 06 750 had 127 rwhp. But the guy isn't a good rider which means guarantee he'd be lost in the twisties and bet he can't launch either.
So your basis of why this kid cant ride is because he does burn outs on cold tires and is a retard well retards can be taking turns to fast on gravel roads pulling wheelies in the middle of traffic and speeding 50 mph over the speed limit lane splitting does by no means mean he cant ride. their is a guy at my work that has a totally destroyed 929 with no fairings and lights because of numerous crashes he is a retard no doubt but this dumb *** can launch the hell out of his bike and ride a wheelie to the moon. If the last post gave you a headache take an advil. I stand corrected on hp numbers was not exactly sure on 06s.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:52 AM
SuperBike

having a beat up 929 who actually knows what he's doing != a kid in school in Orlando no less that has a brand new gixxer 750 and wants to race someone on the street. Not to mention the fact that he does burnouts and didn't break it in right (I'm assuming he just went out and beat the hell out of it). Also not to mention the fact that unless he's been to a track he's never seen a twisty road like you'd find in the mountains. I'm willing to bet $25 paypal that he's had less then a years experience and wears little to no gear as well. Stunters don't use brand new bikes either. Not to mention the fact that anyone who actually knows what they're doing and just picked up a brand new bike like that could care less about racing some superhawk. They'd know they were faster and that a race would be pointless
Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Squid

miken996
[QUOTE=EngineNoO9]having a beat up 929 who actually knows what he's doing I also stated he was a dumb *** retard. and I guess I will explain further doesnt really care about riding past his limits and that= to hard into turns and to fast out of corners not really understanding the consequences of his actions= probably faster than me or the gentlemen that started the post. youth has a way of influencing this behavior I'm sure you have seen one or two of them on the road this summer. is this even going anywhere. I am having so much fun with you EngineNo09!!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:44 AM
SuperSport

jschmidt
Why do you even care? You're not going to be manipulated by a dork are you?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:50 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Here's a great reply I found.

Tell him you'll race him to Deals Gap and back or some other far off location he might know. That always shuts them up when I use it and a couple have even see the light: "hey, there might be more to motorcycling than this who's first to the next traffic signal stuff".
Old 08-19-2006, 09:28 AM
SuperBike

[quote=miken996]
having a beat up 929 who actually knows what he's doing I also stated he was a dumb *** retard. and I guess I will explain further doesnt really care about riding past his limits and that= to hard into turns and to fast out of corners not really understanding the consequences of his actions= probably faster than me or the gentlemen that started the post. youth has a way of influencing this behavior I'm sure you have seen one or two of them on the road this summer. is this even going anywhere. I am having so much fun with you EngineNo09!!

uh what? In Engrish please? I'm beginning to think you're a bigger idiot then the dude on the 929 as well as the 750. Hey have you heard there's lots of bikes for sale real cheap. Just send your check to a guy in Nigeria and you'll get the bike a week later
Old 08-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
A 929 with a good rider will do 10.5, a VTR with an excellent rider will do a flat 11. The 750 is about on par with the old 929. I know because I raced on them and against them. If your talking roll on at a specific rpm where you are in the meat and he is between gears you could pull him but not for long and you'd have to time it perfect. The 750 is a better bike for anything except maybe low rpm roll on wheelies.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:07 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Take it to Jennings, it's $125, safe enviorment and fun as hell! The only way and I mean the ONLY way a superhawk has ANY chance againts that bike is if you out ride the rider. It's only a 3 hour drive to Jennings at the most from Orlando and a hell of a lot safer. You have NO chance at beating him in the 1/4 mile unless he REALLY sucks because after the launch it's all about HP.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Squid

miken996
[QUOTE=EngineNoO9]
Originally Posted by miken996

uh what? In Engrish please? I'm beginning to think you're a bigger idiot then the dude on the 929 as well as the 750. Hey have you heard there's lots of bikes for sale real cheap. Just send your check to a guy in Nigeria and you'll get the bike a week later
IN ENGRISH, I DONT SPEEK ENGRISH maybe I can take a lesson from you. YOU ARE KILLING ME!!! Ok you win I regret I ever bought and RC51 there feel better now!!! The throwing stones at each other is over I'm done this is not what a forum is about ok maybe mostly about!! HEE HEE, dont go editing your post after this either.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:14 PM
SuperBike

[quote=miken996]
IN ENGRISH, I DONT SPEEK ENGRISH maybe I can take a lesson from you. YOU ARE KILLING ME!!! Ok you win I regret I ever bought and RC51 there feel better now!!! The throwing stones at each other is over I'm done this is not what a forum is about ok maybe mostly about!! HEE HEE, dont go editing your post after this either.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Mike,

Don't take too much offense to this group. I think we were just poking fun at you because of the way you write your posts. I don't think anyone here is verbally attacking you as an individual. Remember, it's an internet forum and you have to let some stuff go sometimes.

If you decide to join us at the DG rally in May, you two can fight it out over a couple of beers!

J/K! NO fighting at the rally!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:24 PM
MotoGP

Aw, come on Greg there goes the free entertainment!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Squid

miken996
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Aw, come on Greg there goes the free entertainment!
Don't worry I'm sure I opened a can of worms by posting in the in the how many 2 bike owners do we have. Posted by you know who!! Sorry I just couldn't resist.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Wink

LOL! Man this post got a lot more replies than I thought. Regardless yes I am still a kid.. Well Im 21 in October but I have been riding my superhawk for 3 years now. So I do have quite a bit of experience on her. She was my first streetbike and I have never dropped her. I did take her to the track in Pueblo, CO at an SCCA meet and ran her through a good amount of twisties and yeah I realized what my limits are. lol

But either way I am not going to race this moron because he is a freaking moron! I laugh whenever he opens his freaking mouth and now he wants to race my trans am.. Regardless, the kid is wreckless on his bike and it is his first one i believe.

So with that said.. Yeah I do want to race him, but I want to race him on a track which this guy doesnt want to do.. Not even with his "Cobra" which isnt even supercharged.. lol.

Thanks Guys! lol
Old 08-19-2006, 04:02 PM
MotoGP

Come with me then, I'm always looking to corrupt another rider.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Come with me then, I'm always looking to corrupt another rider.
Really! So where is loxahatchee at?
Old 08-19-2006, 06:11 PM
MotoGP

About 2.5 hours to the south of you, but I meant to the track witch is about 2.5 - 3hours north of you. I have a freind that lives in Winter Haven I think. Just outside O-town I might be going up there in a week or so, if I don't go to the track.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Back Marker

SillyHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow angry group today...not gonna take him out to the back woods and pistol whip him are ya? Either way a Gixxer is a bike thats unoriginal and a dime a dozen. who gives a @#$% if he can or cant beat you!!!!!!

the bottom line is he will still have to ride his shitbox and you will just have to accept the Superhawks few short comings.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Back Marker

RymerC
I bet your bike will be a whole lot faster after 50,000 miles!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Back Marker

SillyHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
"be like water my friend...be like water."
Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Back Marker

RymerC
Originally Posted by SillyHawk
"be like water my friend...be like water."

very nice- don't think anyone else will catch it though

Quick Reply: GSXR 750 wont leave me alone...