General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

GP or ZR decissions decissions

Old 04-15-2005, 09:15 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
GP or ZR decissions decissions

Well i have a delima,

I just bought a new set of 208 ZR for the SuperChicken and lucked into a 7 lap set of 208 GP race tires for $100 a week later.

I already mounted the rear ZR and now i am trying to decide wheter to pull the new ZR off and store it with my new front ZR till later in the summer.

GP's are like new. I mount and balance my own tires so mount expense is not and issue, just the time involved. The GP are like glue, probably won't last long, maybe couple thousand miles if lucky, although i had a used GP on the rear once beore and seem to recall getting 3k out of it.

Decissions Dicissions.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:26 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
If it were me I'd save the GP's for trackdays and use the ZR's on the street.
If you dont do track days then I'd save the GP's for the sumer when you can get them up to temperature a little easier then the spring time. They will stick alot better when the roads are warmer, since it'll be hard to get them up to temp on the street.
Either that of I would sell them to me!

Search this Thread