General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Gone to the dark side....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Gone to the dark side....

That's right guys, I traded in the hawk on an 07 ZX6R. They took it at $1500as a trade and gave me another $1000 off of true msrp. Great experience with the dealership....in central FL Id definitely recommend Champions Honda Kawasaki to anyone without hesitating.

Ive got to say I miss the torque, but my hawk was just falling apart at the seams. Dead forks, a vibration problem that was most likely clutch related....and early stages of the CCT failure noise. But you know honestly for a 600 this thing is surprisingly responsive in the midrange, moreso than some others Ive ridden like my friend's 06 gsxr600. Anywhere over 6k and this little puppy will pull enough to get out of the way, even in higher gears...and its a MONSTER on the freeway. Of course Im breaking it in so keeping the ceiling at 10k, but I cant wait. It has exhaust valves and tweaked fuel injection, they got it right, it doesnt so much as hiccup at least everywhere Ive had it at. It does have a cat converter so its down on power versus the 600's that dont, but a full system and power commander can fix that right up. And man does it turn, like nothing else I've been on...effortlessly and razor sharp. Like it can read my mind....

Just wanted to share the news if you guys dont see me paroosing the forum too much anymore...

Last edited by SuperHawkins; 12-05-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
ive always wanted a kawasaki. i love anything kawasaki. its too bad your leaving the superhawk behind, but at least you got a great bike in its place!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Back Marker

Thanks. Yeah I've been either a Honda or Team Green guy since I started riding...first bike was an EX500 before the hawk, on my third now. Just cant afford the MSRP's of the new Hondas, and the 07 CBR didnt impress me and I couldnt afford an 08, especially with the dealer running the 1k off promotion on in-stock 07's.

And I just fell in love with this bike in green, nothing else popped to me like it did.

And I didnt mention it before but thanks guys, all of you, this forum is always a pleasure to be on and you guys have done nothing but help me out and steer me in the right direction in the past.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey dont be a stranger.
you could always hangout and provide advice and knowledge to
people who have just picked up a superhawk for the 1st time.
just because we all dont ride the same bike doesnt mean you have to
leave.
good luck with your new ride.
have always wanted a zx7.
scott russell rode his *** off on them.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:51 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice bike. I saw your post on sportbikes.net.
Sweet bike.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Back Marker

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Yeah I won't be a stranger, it's just hard to keep up with all the boards I'm on. I was on this one more often mostly because my bike was always acting up haha. I'll miss the hawk but I needed something reliable.

Even my friends said they're gonna miss it, they were telling me the other day "how completely badass it sounded coming down the road"....I had to tell them to shut up cause I started thinking about it! I'll miss the sound and the torque, but when I'm driving past gas stations I used to be stopped at either for gas or because it started making some new noise....I'll be satisfied.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:26 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Dark side? No, that's the puke green side! LOL Although I'm kidding, I honestly could never personally own anything in Kawasaki green. As a photographer, I probably more sensitive to color choice than most folks.