General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Gold valves are just that

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Superstock

nineighthawk
Gold valves are just that

I just installed some Race Tech gold valves in the front forks. They made a huge improvement to the ride.
I installed the compression and rebound kits along with new springs to match my weight.

I can't believe that I waited this long to do this mod. I suggest that everybody that plans on keeping your SH for a while, do this mod. My bike has over 50K on her and she feels better than new (at least the front end does).

When the front end comes down from a wheelie it feels sooo nice compared to what I was used to.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
I really need to cough up the dough and do it. I def need new springs too. My front is the crappiest ever...bottoms out all the time, nose dives on braking, and I just can't get it dialed in correctly. My other bike is 10 times better in the front dept. No brake dive or bottoming out.

Should have made the dealer do it for me since I bought it new, but it didn't feel that bad at first.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Amazing, ain't it? Well, now that you have a taste of what halfway decent suspension feels like you'll probably be buying a shock sometime this spring. The bike needs to be balanced and now that the front is better than the rear you'll definitely feel it.

Nanotech, when you feel like getting your forks worked lemme know. I do a pretty good revalve for the money. I currently have Stumpy's forks and I worked Nuhawk's forks a few months back. They are coming back to me for parts swap though since they lost the fight with the Isuzu.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Nanotech, when you feel like getting your forks worked lemme know. I do a pretty good revalve for the money. I currently have Stumpy's forks and I worked Nuhawk's forks a few months back. They are coming back to me for parts swap though since they lost the fight with the Isuzu.
I won't hi-jack the thread, but I will let you know this summer/fall. I'm thinking .95 springs plus the valve job...shoot me a pm of approx cost and I'll start saving.