General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Full circle

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 08:45 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Full circle

Well, it seems only yesterday I was careening through 2am NYC traffic with my new hot Chinesese girlfriend on the back of the hawk on the way home to Brooklyn.

Fast forward 12yrs and now I am careening home in the daylight with this on the back of the bike instead and the girlfriend is my wife.

It fits in the Givi but that is filled with 30lbs of forumula.

I plan to keep the hawk long enough to teach him to ride, or at least pick him up from school on it.
Attached Thumbnails Full circle-joey10.14.3-002.jpg  
Old 10-18-2014, 01:15 AM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Still waiting for the baby seat mod
Old 10-18-2014, 01:37 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
Welcome to reality mate ,

33 years of marriage, 3 kids, grandchildren and still riding!

There is hope for you yet!

Also be aware 45 bikes , not that I am counting!

Welcome to reality

What ever you do don't give the bikes away, they help to keep you sane!

P.S I have a bike ready for the grandson as my kids didn't get into bikes no matter how hard I tried!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:48 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, I have seen it skip a gerneration. My son is already into it. He is riveted to the TV when I watch Motogp and loves motion. Either way, I will also teach him mechanics.

Its like planting seeds. Teach him early then later in life he can always go back to it. Thats how my dad did it.
Attached Thumbnails Full circle-6.14.2-015.jpg  
Old 10-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Yeah, I have seen it skip a gerneration. My son is already into it. He is riveted to the TV when I watch Motogp and loves motion. Either way, I will also teach him mechanics.

Its like planting seeds. Teach him early then later in life he can always go back to it. Thats how my dad did it.
That's how my Dad did it too. Was very young ~5 when I recieved my nickname. Was under the hood with my Dad, actually sitting inside the engine bay on the wheel well. He tells me to keep my hands away while he turned over the engine. For some reason I touched a spark plug wire. Nickname "Sparky".
Old 10-18-2014, 10:19 AM
MotoGP

Crux that is hilarious, you should have that as your forum name! If I knew that I coulda made some great jokes during my recent coil on cap debacle.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Well Crux, considering some other possible outcomes of your story, I guess "sparky" is better than "nubby" or "limpy" or "ol' hamburger face".
Old 10-18-2014, 03:15 PM
mcg
Squid

mcg is on a distinguished road
Rode with the kids snugged in between me and the tank bag (kid size helmet). One time one of them was so relaxed he fell asleep! Drop off or pick up at school scored major Cool factor points...all have their own rides now and this nearly senior is still lofting the front wheel and working on minimizing those chicken strips!! Get 'em early

Last edited by mcg; 10-18-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:54 PM
SuperSport

Yeah sparky, you couldve fallen face first into the fan "hamburger face". How do we know you didnt?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
People don't call me Sparky much these days. Unless I zap myself on a job somehow and then the jokes begin.

No hamburger face. Being 39 years old, back then we did things a little differently. We rode bikes without a care in the world. No helmets, knee pads, or elbow pads. So, yeah, I was inside an engine compartment while my Dad turned the engine over. Hell, I thought it was safe haha

I could've very well been hamburger face though. Once when I was a kid, I went sledding right after it lightly rained ontop of about a foot of snow, and that rain froze. It was awesome! The sled zoomed down the hill ontop the ice like a rocket. Had a LOT of fun. My last time down the hill before heading inside for some hot chocolate with marshmallows, I decided to lay face first and sled down the hill. I slid over a thin spot in the ice and the sled fell through, leaving my face to get literally sliced up by the ice. It was very bad. Luckily, I was a kid (7 or 8) and it healed so well, nobody can tell.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:52 PM
MotoGP

Crux, I agree with our generation doing it differently. Any time me & my cousin could find keys to his shed and maybe get his brothers dirtbike started, we would literally ride all day into the woods, crash, run out of gas, get lost, trespass, etc.

Our parents never knew a thing! You just tried to hide the cut on your leg. And yeah, as soon as you got it to fire you were full throttle down a trail.

How did we ever live through it?

And dont get me started on riding in the front seat with a rock hard dashboard, no seatbelts and dad with a beer and cigarette. Maybe trying to push 2 buttons on the am radion because the **** didnt work.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:20 AM
SuperSport

My father tied one of those aluminum saucers to the back of the car with 20ft. of rope and gave us rides. Talk about being "along for the ride". Don't get me started on mini bikes