General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Fort Mtn.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Fort Mtn.

Went up Fort Mtn in GA today and around Carters Lake. 52 through the mtn is a blast. Much nicer road than deals gap to me. My camera mount of course showed up in the mail today when I got back.. But in two weeks I will be headed to maggie valley for a saturday and I should be able to get some video.

Only pic I took (and with my cell phone none the less.. I'm always afraid to bring my canon on the bike.. Dont want to have a get off and break a thousand dollar camera and more in glass.

Yellow bike is my buddies CBR929RR, and the wheel in the left of the pic is his dads Valkyrie... That we left behind an awful lot
Attached Thumbnails Fort Mtn.-mtn.jpg  
Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Back Marker

bbancsov is on a distinguished road
Nice, give blood mountain a run as well!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by bbancsov
Nice, give blood mountain a run as well!
I like blood mtn but we didn't want to go quite that far out today. And I hate the loop that most people run. Wolf Pen Gap scares the **** out of me.. its so narrow if your riding at a brisk pace and there is traffic coming the other way it could hurt. Road is too narrow for my liking
Old 10-12-2013, 10:57 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
I've enjoyed all of these places. Love Blood Mtn
Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Back Marker

bmidd is on a distinguished road
New to the forums here and should be picking up a Hawk on Saturday, I live in Chattanooga and have been know to blaze through Fort on occasion. We need to hookup sometime and ride up through Reliance/Greasy Creek and SKyway sometime.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
180 from T.W.O. is the bomb!! Just slow down when you go through that little town, no sense in getting the locals up in arms.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Superstock

I'd love to meet up some time.. Might not get a chance this year though. Its already getting a little cold for me.. to think I used to ride in NY with snow on the ground. now it gets below 60 and I'm going F that of course in NY all my leathers were solid and I wore thermals underneath.. now I have perforated leathers and wicking under armor

Edit... Looking at the maps I know now why I don't like wolf pen gap road... I've apparently never been there, when I was out that way I made a wrong turn at Albuquerque and wound up on Wolf Creek Road... which is barely big enough for one vehicle at a time in fact its so small its hard to follow it on google maps cause you cant see all of it through the trees. great scenic road, couple of photo op pull offs, but I wouldn't suggest booking it through there

Last edited by insulinboy; 10-25-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Back Marker

bmidd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by insulinboy
I'd love to meet up some time.. Might not get a chance this year though. Its already getting a little cold for me.. to think I used to ride in NY with snow on the ground. now it gets below 60 and I'm going F that of course in NY all my leathers were solid and I wore thermals underneath.. now I have perforated leathers and wicking under armor

Edit... Looking at the maps I know now why I don't like wolf pen gap road... I've apparently never been there, when I was out that way I made a wrong turn at Albuquerque and wound up on Wolf Creek Road... which is barely big enough for one vehicle at a time in fact its so small its hard to follow it on google maps cause you cant see all of it through the trees. great scenic road, couple of photo op pull offs, but I wouldn't suggest booking it through there
Sounds good, as we speak a guy is on his way here from Atlanta to pick up my FZ1 and I will probably ride the Hawk some tomorrow if I get home from Birmingham in time. I agree with you about the too cold weather, I will get out when it is around 50 and tool around for an hour or two, just nothing too far from home. Getting too old for it all!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Squid

pdaddy_13 is on a distinguished road
The roads in N GA are simply amazing. I was actually riding Wolf Pen Gap a few weeks ago. Yes, very narrow and curvy. Also loose gravel here and there. It's a super-cool route, just don't go too fast!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:01 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get some heated gear and keep riding. I miss riding in North Ga