General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Forgive me...

Old 07-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Squid

VTRgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Forgive me...

Forgive me Riders, for I have sinned. It's been 67,970 posts since my last visit!

You know how it is... Life gets busy... You live a million miles from the other members... You lose your licence... You can't remember how to attach an eye rolly smilie...

Okay. I admit it. I've been slack & I should be punished. I've decided to punish myself & my fella with a holiday aboard next year! Woohoo!

Now here's where you come in... He & me have been avid Stormers for yonks (we can't be "Hawkers" since we're over here in Oz) & so the logical overseas holiday is a motorcycle tour. Canada came out of the hat, but it seems there are a few options from there.

Can you guys give us some advice on any experience you've had with any of these companies and maybe which areas are the go for us newbies? I've been riding for about 16 years & he was practically conceived on a bike (seriously...), so experience is no issue (I've even worn out my first VTR & had to buy a new one... so sad...). The only thing we've been led to believe so far is that the BMW (sorry for swearing) tours seem to be the way to go. (Naturally, if there were VTR tours, there'd be no question.) And is this time of year best weather-wise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated & if I can ever return the favour, you've only gotta ask!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Squid

nudenut is on a distinguished road
Stay in Aus , dont annoy the neighbors
Old 07-06-2008, 03:04 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I don't know much about Canada, but I'm sure others will chime in soon. I'd have to guess this is the perfect time of year to go, between now and mid september you probably can't go wrong. Add a few weeks to that if you go further south or just don't mind the cold weather.

I don't know anything about the touring companies either. Actually, I'm fairly useless

Good luck though and keep us of informed of how it goes.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Vancouver Island, B.C. is a great tourist destination and the last time I was there motorcycles were for rent. A K-75 triple was just the ticket for the ride up to Tofino Beach. The Canadian rockies on the mainland are spectacular and you can't beat how well everything is kept.

But winter comes early once away from the coast.

How about a travel blog?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Squid

blackvtr is on a distinguished road
CANADA EH? WATCHA TALKIN ABOOT? PERSONALLY I'M NOT A FAN OF CANADA, I'VE RIDDEN THE PARTS NEAR MONTREAL AND WASN'T REALLY INPRESSED.... ALTHOUGH THE RIDING IN NOVA SCOTA, AND ALONG THE MAINE COAST WAS NICE..... JUST MY $0.02
Old 07-07-2008, 04:16 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
No need a friggin touring company, just get here and ride
You need to find the right places for a great ride, not all the roads are nice.
Alberta and BC are very nice places to ride, Eastern and Northern Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, all good, but crossing Canada is a Major PITA, you get sick of straight deserted roads and 4 engines mosquitos that rather cut pieces and take out than eat in.

Here's a well pictured thread about a northern US and Canada trip, many drawbacks and some badluck, but sooo beautiful.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250630
Old 07-07-2008, 10:01 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Try these guys if you already haven't. I have friends who used them in New Zealand & they loved it. Looks like they go to western Canada.

http://www.edelweissbike.com/
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Tofino, on Vancouver Island, has great surf as well. The road across the island is great, but I've only driven it in a rental suv.

Thought you might be interested, being from OZ and all. I here there are some surfers down there.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Squid

VTRgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Ta for all the tips peoples! Nudenut, 'twas only your US spelling that saved you from a revving, me thinking you were a member I know & love by the same name on the Oz site. LOL.

Not really sure we'd know enough to go it alone, without an organised tour. I know that means you only get to see the major touristy things, but it also means everything is pre-booked, from accommodation, right down to food. Also means we don't have to carry anything or worry about break-downs & the like. Might be something to consider though, if we research it enough. Could be more of an adventure... And probably cheaper... Hmmm...

Thanks gboezio, for the link. Doing a bit of a dash at the mo', but will check it out when I have some time for a good squizz. I'm not used to countries being joined up (being from an island & all...), so hadn't thought of doing the north of both. Have just wanted to see Canada since I missed out on a family exchange thing there when I was about 10.

Keep up the advice! I'm liking the going solo idea more the more I think of it...