General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

First post for zzoger

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Squid

Zzoger is on a distinguished road
First post for zzoger

First off hi to all. Looks like you got a great famiely here. I'm going to look at a 2002 superhawk with 20,000 mi and a littel damig on left side of faring dropped at slowe speed the guy need rent money. He wants 2300 sounded pretty good to me???
Is 2002 a good yaer?? What are some thing to look for key things??
I'm shore you all love your bikes but some pro, con, stuff would be cool to.
Whene things go bad(brake) is there comin things so on.
Searey for miss spelling and gramer, format I'm on my cell.
I'm living in las Vegas ( over heating?) I will anser queshtans.
Thanks in advans zzoger aka Zack p.s. I'm 6-2 or 6-3 240 I no it's a sport bike but I'm agiel like a gazel lol. Ok i'm don now.

Thanks Lazn for the heads up. So a 98,99 with good miles is just as good for the most part?? Good to know. I herd about the R/R but not the timing tenshiner. Ty

Last edited by Zzoger; 09-30-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Say thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 09:58 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Welcome Zzoger!

$2300 sounds like it could be fair, though it depends on the damage.. For that price you can pick up a clean one a few years older though.

2002 is the second year of the "new" ones. With the only changes being the dash/gauges. (fuel gauge rather than reserve light etc) The bike was largely unchanged across all years.

Things to take care of / watch for are:

1. CCTs (Cam Chain Tensioners) if it still has the OEM ones just consider the $110 for APEs (www.aperaceparts.com) to be part of the purchase price. Not that failure is guaranteed, rather that it's cheap insurance to prevent engine rebuild.

2. R/R (voltage regulator) the newer ones like yours are a bit better than the older ones, but Honda makes poor R/Rs so don't be surprised if at some point you have to replace that.

Other than those two things, these bikes are very reliable, there are a few out there pushing 200,000 miles. (ten times what the one you are looking at has) They take to mods well and are a lot of fun.

There are other things to look into (like better suspension if you weigh more than 140lbs, etc) but those are not reliability issues.