General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

familiar sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
familiar sound

i was with the kids and the dog in the local nature park this afternoon. the super slab runs along the border of the park. i hear a vtwin and know that sound immediately. look over and see an rc51 go by!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Heh... as one of the clan it's easy to identify them... I'd know that sound anywhere...

And a couple of days back my mother gave me surprise... Apparently my mother, who has the mechanical knowledge on par with the family dog... (not making fun... She actually said that herself... ) is capable of recognizing the sound of my bike... She is completely disinterested... cars are for point A to B transport and are supposed to work at the turn of a key... all other stuff are left to my father... She has no interest in riding bikes (she has a licence and has tried it...) but might go along on the back once in a while...

And yet, she had actually the coffe boiling and the cakes out when I hopped of the bike... and the comment was... I heard you going through the twisties down the road... To clarify why this surprised me to no end... that is a section of road that is almost 7 km from their house (driving distance, sligthly less in a straight line as the road curves...) and then there is a slow speed zone, where there are currently road works making it crawl speed... And apparently my parents where sitting in the garden and there was a bit of an argument weather the bike they heard was me... My mother won...

As a side note... My father didn't take it well... He was almost shell shocked by the fact...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
SuperBike

i dropped into my long time biker friend's house, unannounced. he said he knew i was me coming.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Yeah... Can't sneak up on people... That's a downside I can live with...
Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
My wife recognized a Super Hawk coming toward us on the highway by sight!

I was completely stunned. I didn't think she'd ever actually looked at my bike.

I wonder if she'll push my RC over...
Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
my dog knows the sound of my bike and when he hears me coming, he starts wimpering at my wife. my neighbor has a ducati monster, and for a while my dog would get confused, but then he refined his taste so the sound of the duc doesn't even wake him up, but he still starts yelping when I get close. good boy.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
my dog knows the sound of my bike and when he hears me coming, he starts wimpering at my wife. my neighbor has a ducati monster, and for a while my dog would get confused, but then he refined his taste so the sound of the duc doesn't even wake him up, but he still starts yelping when I get close. good boy.
Yeah, I'll go by the restaurant (where wifey works) and she'll know it's me.. and she's inside, customers talking loudly, and music playing... It's 100 ft off the main road, right at the entrance ramp to the highway.. So the hawk's barkin hard!

Also, Dog knows it's me.. and can hear me before I hit the neighborhood and starts looking for me...
Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
SuperBike

finepooches, all of 'em
Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Back Marker

bowhawk is on a distinguished road
Wife

My wife knows my bikes and it almost got me in trouble with the law. Not what you think. She worked at a bank and was robbed by a guy wearing a full face helmut. When the cops got there they asked if she saw the bike and replied no. When the asked if she had anything to add, she said the bike was not a crotch rocket but probably an older inline 4. They were immediately suspicious and in the end cleared me as the bike was on camera and was indeed an old KZ1000. Now she hears me and the garage is always open. Cheers
Old 10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
My wife and our 2 dogs know when I am in the neighborhood, coming home.

Pretty impressive when you realize that three of my neighbors across the street have multiple hardlys.

One neighbor has 2, the other has 4, the other has 1 hardly in the garage.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
My wife can tell a Harley from a Harley clone. AND she loves hockey.