General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

F-ing A-Hole 4 wheels drivers have no respect for 2Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
F-ing A-Hole 4 wheels drivers have no respect for 2Wheels

I just got back from riding. Almost got ran over by an SUV. I was going the speed limit at 35mph and a SUV came up on me, too close for comfort, distance if you were to stand between me and the SUV and spread your arm out. I flashed my brake lights hoping the guy would back off but no he got even closer so i sped up to 65 got away form him (65 upcoming speedlimit) i got away and return to the speed limit. I guess that pissed him off our something when i'm just trying to get way so here he come 90mph up on my *** ( i guess trying to scare me) wasn't afraid but dont feel like getting ran over if something does go wrong so i downed 2 gears and hit 125mph in seconds i got away and went home. My point is cars shouldn't tailgate a bike like that its unsafe. we can never know if our bike is going to blow a tire or something or shut off (just replace R/R unsure if its going to last long) Drivers these days make our ride too dangerous its not even fun anymore to ride its always watching our *** nowadays. Everyday we wonder if today is our last ride. Some of my buddies already sold their bikes they say its too dangerous now to ride and they have a family. We are not innocent in anyway but we go wild when noone is around, we didn't go right in downtown at 160mph. When i drive my car i always stand an extra long distance away from bikers.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
big time ***'s I tell you, any way to let the bozo pass?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Agreed. Just today I was riding a Ninja and it died on the freeway uphill. I was suddenly trying to merge to the shoulder at 50 mph with traffic doing 80, and they all wanted to ride right my my *** to make a point rather than make some room.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Back Marker

nfbzike
Im convinced that motorcycles bring murderous rage out of people. All to often I swear people are intentionally trying to kill me. I had a friend in a group ride where a kid got hit by a Pickup on purpose. A car that witnessed it chased the pick up down and stopped him. The guy said something like " i hate ******* bikers you should all die". as bad as this sounds, I carry my gun with me now. Just in case.

Last edited by nfbzike; 07-13-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Squid

johndb is on a distinguished road
Some idiot cager pulled out in front of me at the last minute to sweep across my path, even though no one was behind me and she could have waited FIVE seconds longer! I came so close to her side window that she could probably read my lips saying WTF!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Too many drivers out there are twisted, drunk, stoned, on crack, on prescription drugs, on the phone, pissed off at their kids, husband, wife, boss, or all of the above. Bottom line is 4 wheel cagers are out to get you, and you need to ride defensively all the time when around them.

I avoid collisions almost every time I ride. When we ride together my wife usually gets it. I hear her horn behind me, and at the next signal she says "after you passed her that woman in the black Escalade started to change lanes and almost ran over me".

Oh, and I've been riding continually since 1981, with over 175,000 street miles. The reason I'm alive today isn't for lack of stupid drivers trying to kill me.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 07-13-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 AM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
I pull over for tailgating ******** - that way there's no need to get into high speed dueling with someone who doesn't care if I live or die.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Back Marker

nfbzike
I recently had a one of my more scary experiences. There was an old woman in a buick who had been following me on some side streets for about 2-3 miles. at first i was doing about 30 mph and she was tail gating me, then i did about 50, she kept right on me. Like scary close. So i came up to a stop sign where i was going straight. I stop offset the the left like normal, and this 80 year old woman runs the stop sign next to me half way into the intersection, within a couple inchs of taking me out. So i go straight since i see her blinker is on and what do you know. she follows me. This time its a really twisty road that just got the cracks patched so im limited to about 45 since the tires slide on the patchs. She tail gates me like crazy, im talking 2-3 feet back. I finally smartened up and decided to pull over. Almost certain she would follow me and hit me. So i pulled into a turning lane and slammed on the brakes. I think i could see the disapointment in her eyes as she passed that she didnt get to run me over. Stupid old woman.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
I agree with you save one point. Riding since 1967 I have to say nothing has changed, the asses still ride the roads and tail gate; if fact I was tail gated more in the 70s and 80s. I had the same problem last weekend when I road to Starved Rock State Park. I was riding a great two lane road and a young guy in a Honda Accord is RIGHT on my ***. I pass several cars and hit 130mph to open a gap; he somehow manages to catch up and he again is coming right up on my rear wheel. I hold my left arm out, palm to the sky as if to say, WTF and he backs off. I was real angry at this point and was willing to stop on the road and throw down with him if need be. There is no reason for this kind of unprovoked BS for the legions of *** holes that have something to prove. BTW the sprint to 130 was not a hair ball (move open clear road ahead); somthing I might have done anyway the tail gater just sparked the response.

Last edited by Jim TT; 07-14-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I typically slow down to a crawl if someone is tailgating me. I will first wave them off (turn around and wave them to back off). If that doesn`t work I will activate the brake light. Finally, I will slow down to a crawl (all of this assuming I can`t simply pul over to let them go by; mind you my mood at the time will play into my course of action too) . I have never gotten to the point of pulling over, letting them pass and booting the door but that would be my next option... I have gotten off my bike at intersections and shared my opinion of one`s driving habits before but, then again, very very few Canadians are armed....
Old 07-14-2009, 06:56 AM
MotoGP

The only problem with teh burst of speed routine is that you could very well meet Mr Zealous Cop at that very moment then you are the one who`s f***ed (especially being on a sportbike)
Old 07-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
The only problem with teh burst of speed routine is that you could very well meet Mr Zealous Cop at that very moment then you are the one who`s f***ed (especially being on a sportbike)
True but then that could happen any time you wick it up; unless you don't ever hit triple digit speeds. Alas I have never been able to forgo that aspect of a sport bike; I do try to be very prudent and thus far have not been stopped for a high speed run but it could happen.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:49 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Jim TT
True but then that could happen any time you wick it up; unless you don't ever hit triple digit speeds. Alas I have never been able to forgo that aspect of a sport bike; I do try to be very prudent and thus far have not been stopped for a high speed run but it could happen.
While a moot point in the great scheme of things, I choose (of my own accord) to take my chances when I wick it up. I will not, however, put my driving privileges at risk on account of some asshat, and therein lies the difference (a matter of principle, a very important consideration for me).

Last edited by mikstr; 07-14-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
I would say each situation should be evaluated before making the decision to try and out run them.

Often its better to just pull off and let them go by, wait a few and be on your merry way.

But if they are really out to get you and won't let you do that or the road doesn't permit it. Then maybe outrunning might be the solution.

I don't think going faster should be the answer more often then stopping though...it just feels better to go fast than to stop .
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nfbzike
I recently had a one of my more scary experiences. There was an old woman in a buick who had been following me on some side streets for about 2-3 miles. at first i was doing about 30 mph and she was tail gating me, then i did about 50, she kept right on me. Like scary close. So i came up to a stop sign where i was going straight. I stop offset the the left like normal, and this 80 year old woman runs the stop sign next to me half way into the intersection, within a couple inchs of taking me out. So i go straight since i see her blinker is on and what do you know. she follows me. This time its a really twisty road that just got the cracks patched so im limited to about 45 since the tires slide on the patchs. She tail gates me like crazy, im talking 2-3 feet back. I finally smartened up and decided to pull over. Almost certain she would follow me and hit me. So i pulled into a turning lane and slammed on the brakes. I think i could see the disapointment in her eyes as she passed that she didnt get to run me over. Stupid old woman.
follow her home and see if she's still so tough without her cage. hopefully she'll have a husband and a few kids whose asses you can kick in front of her and blame her for it. any pets? dinner is served!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
You need to move to AZ where you can carry your glock on your hip while you ride. Im not saying to start shooting people, but it sure keeps the tail gaters off your *** ..

Speaking of guns and bikes.

I saw a Hells angel with a Sawed off shotgun strapped to his handle bars.. very illegal.. I didnt wave to him.. i just went past him really really fast.. when i had the chance.. i made sure i didnt cut him off....

Last edited by lynchie; 07-14-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by lynchie
I saw a Hells angel with a Sawed off shotgun strapped to his handle bars.. very illegal.. I didnt wave to him.. i just went past him really really fast.. when i had the chance.. i made sure i didnt cut him off....
you don`t have to go too fast, he was surely riding a HOG.... of course, speed being relative, how fast were you going when you say you went past him really fast, 70 mph? BTW, that`s the kind of person (ie. low-life scumbag) I`d like to run off the road with a big truck, would just make the world a slightly better place....
Old 07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Squid

Starbucks Fueled is on a distinguished road
I wish I didn't live in Illinois. I would love to carry my 357 or 44 magnum on road trips just for that reason. Just pop it in the Fobus holster and go.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
!!!

Originally Posted by mikstr
you don`t have to go too fast, he was surely riding a HOG.... of course, speed being relative, how fast were you going when you say you went past him really fast, 70 mph? BTW, that`s the kind of person (ie. low-life scumbag) I`d like to run off the road with a big truck, would just make the world a slightly better place....

I went by at 25MPH .........he was brokedown!!! JK he was only going about 55...i probably blew by at 90 .. Some damn soccer mom on her cell phone with 5 kids in the car putting on lipstick while drinking a latte on her way to the mall was afraid to pass him in the carpool thus creating a chinese road block..

The same C.U.N.T. that rode my *** in the carpool on her cell phone at 70 mph with all other lanes stopped the day before for 30 miles on my way to work. if i went 80 she went 80. No matter how many glares, stares and look arounds i did she didnt get the hint to back off my ***. Pissed me off bad..

The other people that have cut me off and always tail gate are illegal immigrants.( you know when you see then on the road) I guess they can just kill people in hit and runs all day long a hit the turnstile out of the country and right back into the country with a new SS#..

I CANT STAND TAIL GATERS

i think someone needs to come up with a decent smoke screen release undertail

i think spit would do the trick too, i had a all black leather harley ****** spit in the wind as i was 4 bikes behind him in the carpool. I took some spray..He looked like the bald Captain in the first Mad Max movie on a springer womans bike-- really really gay looking... I thought of blowing by him and spitting myself but that would be hard in the helmet.... He knew what he was doing and he knew i was there. ****** mother ******..I blew by him in the carpool ( same lane) with a "No, No" headshake just to **** him off. Havent seen him since.

Probably broke down, *******

Last edited by lynchie; 07-14-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
SuperSport

do what my friend does. carry a pocket full of pennies or nickles. someone gets too close, you grab a handfull and toss. does wonders for a paintjob
Old 07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
I was one of these ******** the other day, with reason though.

In my parents Jeep, at the end of a 2 hour trip home from camping.

This ASSHAT on a Harley gets on the highway with 2 of his buddies. They zip right along. My lane is ending and I'm trying to merge right without running this guy over. He pulls along side of me and sits there and looks at me.

Finally, he pulls ahead of us.

Now, I've been doing 80, which is only 5 over in CO. This ****** is doing 70. I slow down, try to give him room, seeing as I ride also and don't like people up my ***. Well, he slows down to about 65 and opens between his friends, on purpose.

So, I lane share with him. When my front bumper is even with his front tire he finally realizes that I'm there, twists the throttle and pulls back ahead. So I downshift into 4th, hammer the Jeep, lane share again, except he's too slow to react. I pull all the way into the right lane, pass his two buddies and signal a left hand lane change and pull away from all of them.

Now, my brother is behind me. He's watching this guy on the Harley. He starts digging in his left pocket. Don't know what he was digging for.

This guy is lucky he wasn't a skid mark on the highway. I only reacted to the ****-**** games he decided to play.

If it were me, I would've moved to the right or sped up and gotten away, NOT slowed down. YES, he had plenty of room to the right, BUT, since he rode a HARLEY, he thought he owned the road.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
If you don't like cagers getting worked up around you, you have to have more restraint than them. I think most drivers (and riders) have a huge road ego, and they don't pay attention to others on the road, but that doesn't mean they're trying to kill you.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Squid

hzryr61 is on a distinguished road
I think most people are just plain stupid. I think they think they are 'hanging with a bike'. I can hear them now, "Dude, me and this guy on a bike were like just having a GREAT time! It was like playing tag!" I think of all the times I've seen cars cut off tractor trailers, there is no way these people can be thinking of the impact of their actions.

Your best bet is to act like everyone out there IS trying to kill you, and just blow off the urge to strangle the crap out of them. It is too bad I lack the self-control to be so 'Zen'..

Old 07-15-2009, 05:01 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by swordfish
do what my friend does. carry a pocket full of pennies or nickles. someone gets too close, you grab a handfull and toss. does wonders for a paintjob
I thought of doing that but with lead sinkers (for fishing). Only problem is if you`re dealing with a real kook then you might have a real problem on your hands...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:04 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Erik S.
I was one of these ******** the other day, with reason though.

In my parents Jeep, at the end of a 2 hour trip home from camping.

This ASSHAT on a Harley gets on the highway with 2 of his buddies. They zip right along. My lane is ending and I'm trying to merge right without running this guy over. He pulls along side of me and sits there and looks at me.

Finally, he pulls ahead of us.

Now, I've been doing 80, which is only 5 over in CO. This ****** is doing 70. I slow down, try to give him room, seeing as I ride also and don't like people up my ***. Well, he slows down to about 65 and opens between his friends, on purpose.

So, I lane share with him. When my front bumper is even with his front tire he finally realizes that I'm there, twists the throttle and pulls back ahead. So I downshift into 4th, hammer the Jeep, lane share again, except he's too slow to react. I pull all the way into the right lane, pass his two buddies and signal a left hand lane change and pull away from all of them.

Now, my brother is behind me. He's watching this guy on the Harley. He starts digging in his left pocket. Don't know what he was digging for.

This guy is lucky he wasn't a skid mark on the highway. I only reacted to the ****-**** games he decided to play.

If it were me, I would've moved to the right or sped up and gotten away, NOT slowed down. YES, he had plenty of room to the right, BUT, since he rode a HARLEY, he thought he owned the road.
Harleys make great speed bumps, one of the few things they`re good for......
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Back Marker

Dan Cronin is on a distinguished road
If the guy is that close and agressive a driver you'd be doing everyone a favor by calling the registry and filing a complaint. I don't go wining to the cops for most BS but someone like that will likely end up killing someone before he gets a clue. In my experience, getting sumoned before the registry and having to explain why they should keep their license usually does the trick. If not, at least you get the satisfaction of busting the *****. BTW, I suspect the registry cops love to educate idiots like this.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:01 AM
NEW SUPERHAWK OWNER
Squid

MUZZYRAP is on a distinguished road
In my years of riding I have found that it is helpful to carry a few little bundles of BB's wraped in saran wrap about the size of a nickel in diameter. Then when you get a tailgater give them 1 or 2 chances to back of... either wave them off or tap the brakes. If they persist then just reach in your pocket and grab bundle of the BB's... give them a pinch to tear the plastic open and toss it over your shoulder or casually drop them off the side of the bike. They either back off or they try to come after you but 8 out of 10 times they back off.. But if they do come after you it is fairly easy to get away from them especially in traffic... I like to keep a retractable ASP in a little holster on your my bike in case I get cornered and they want to dance.... a handful of pennies also work in a pinch plus if you keep them in a roll they fit nicely in your fists if needed. I know this may sound like i'm pushing the issue but we have as much right on the highways and biways as the 4 wheelers do.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Sorry guys i been busy fixing the hawk so I just got on now to check the forum. I'm not surprised by the amount of response. Everyone on a motorcycle have this situation happened to them too. But it happened to me maybe twice a week or more. Its too dangerous, my girlfriend didn't mind me having a bike at first and now she is too scared something might happen to me. I know if i have a new born the bike is the first to go. But Good luck you to guys all and stay safe out there. My god ride with all of us.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
SuperSport

"too scared that something might happen to you"? no amount of scared girlfriends or newborns will ever keep me off the bike. what the hells the point if you can't ride? I'd be looking for creative ways to kill myself thru risk. if you can't ride, then life is over anyway. that was a condition early on in my wife's and my relationship. no matter what happens, don't ever ask me to stop riding. cause between her and the bike, I WILL choose the bike. not because I value it more than her. but because she would have made me make the choice. can't have that. if I get 3 limbs chopped off, I'm still gonna ride. if I am a single father of a dozen kids, I'm still gonna ride, and possibly orphan them all. and? life is tough. some things we should never have to sacrifice. especially not for a GF with slightly elevated blood pressure and a genetically linked hairless infant primate. ok rant over. I don't mean to be critical. its your life, and I'm not trying to call you soft core or anything. my comments were the first thoughts that came to me when I tried to put myself in your shoes. its your life, and I assume you know how to live it better than me. I just find the idea of quitting for any reason short of at least one death unacceptable, to me. sorry about your decision. I hope it works for you.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Back Marker

VTRumble is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a buddies answer, he's got around 30K on his 07 FJR, so he deals with this BS alot. Doesn't help that he makes good $ and has spare time.

Rear defense system

Last edited by VTRumble; 07-16-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: F-ing A-Hole 4 wheels drivers have no respect for 2Wheels