General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

ebay mirrors:Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Squid

Quickling is on a distinguished road
ebay mirrors:Review

Facing a 100$ bill for one mirror, I decided to take a gamble and try the 49.99 BIN mirrors from FlyNCycle.

The seller was great, I bought them Monday and had them by Friday.

The good:
These look identical to stock and have the same threads and adjusting nut. If you didn't know these were aftermarket, you would be convinced they were OEM.

And the price was great.

Riding done the road they do not vibrate (but neither did my old ones) and the view is perfect* (see the bad)

The bad:
Left mirror is perfect, the glass in right mirror is slightly warped when it was fitted, which gives everything a distorted view. It kinda bothers me (and I may swap my old right mirror back in, that was one still good). But even with the distortion I can still see what is behind me, it just looks a little like a funhouse mirror.

Now I should note that this distortion is very mirror and mostly along the top edge, but it is still there.

Overall for 60 bucks shipped, I would definitely order these again rather than pay 200 for NOS.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
I ordered one of these a couple years ago. Overall I thought it was decent quality, not quite as heavily built as OEM, but good enough. The glass in mine was fine.

The only complaint I had was the dull outside finish. I only ordered one and it did not match the high gloss stock mirror. I tried to polish it up but the material it was made from just wouldn't shine up for me. It wanted to melt or burn. A can of Krylon Fusion fixed it. My advice, order a pair or be prepaired to paint.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Squid

Quickling is on a distinguished road
The two I received were high gloss finish.