General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Dunlop Qualifiers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Squid

twitcher
Dunlop Qualifiers

Hey guys, my Diablo Corsas are just about done and i'm thinking of giving the qualifiers a go. The Diablos have been great, and i'd get another set, but i'm always keen to try something new. Any opinions are appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:09 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Re: Dunlop Qualifiers

AMCN & Two Wheels (Aussie bike mags for you US boys)give them a very good wrap. At the moment they will be my pick next time I need tyres.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Squid

twitcher
Yeah,I've read the reviews,, but I'm looking for real rider reviews more than the corporate owned media. Thanks though.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought some but haven't put them on just yet, I'm waiting for a couple of track days in late april. But I do know of some guys who've used them at the track and say they've run 22's on a track that has a lap record of 1:18. According to them they've gotten as many as 4 trackdays on them without problem which is impessive.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dunlop Qualifiers

Ditto the above.
I too have a new set I am soon to install. Current rubber is Pilot Powers - which I LOVE!
The Qualifiers will go on, hopefully get a little street scuffing, then go for a track day at Barber.

I was at Deal's Gap this weekend and did a LOT of tire looking. Pilot Powers dominated the scene. Next seemed to be 208s, then a broad mix of the Corsas, Qualifiers, etc.

I did find one guy on a 600 F4i running the Qualifiers. He is pretty darned quick. He seemed happy with them. I rode behind him on one very spirited run. He was cranking as hard or harder than I was and the tires seemed to work good. That made me more anxious to try them.

I suspect they will do really good. My main interest now is life span.
The Pilots last way longer than I would have expected. I hope to get similar life out of the Dunlops.

I hope to see more feedback here as more guys try them on their SH.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:01 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Me too. I was thinking that all the newer tires kinda stick the same but I want tread life. So I am between the new M3s, the PP and the Qs. I am still lurkin. I know the PP have been proven to have great tread life but I wanna compare it to the qualifier and see which one wears better.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
A little feedback from my track day at Barber (May 20)

The Dunlop Qualifiers worked fine. Real good as a matter of fact.
Early on, I had the front tire wash out and push real bad one time. I do not enjoy such activity and was therefore a bit uneasy for the next few laps.

After that session was over I rode one more and then dropped the tire pressure. They worked much better for me after that.

I dropped from 30-31 psi front / 32-33 psi rear

I went to approx 28 psi front / 30 psi rear.

That is the same tire pressures I found worked best for me with the Pilot Powers.

The Qualifiers stuck really good.
Lot's of folks running them.
They seemed to gum and pill a lot and were plenty sticky, but really didn't seem to show a whole lot of wear. (how do they do that?)

I am no where near an expert so I can't write a legitimate tire review, but for me, the Pilot Powers seemed to turn in a little better, maybe a little less effort to initiate the turn.
The Qualifiers seemed to grip a little better before fully warmed up when compared to the Pilot Powers. The Qualifiers didn't seem to need as much warm-up to convey confidence. But, the track was a lot warmer than when I did my other track day on the Pilot Powers.

They are both better tires than I am a rider.
You can't go wrong with either when looking for a good sport / track day tire.