General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Doin it in the Dark

Old 08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Doin it in the Dark

Well i am fresh off he first time ever Night Time Track Day.

We started the first session at Nashville Superspeedway at 4pm and finished at Mid-night.

The last 3 sessions were under the lights and it was a hoot running under the lights in the southern heat and humidity.

I took the SuperHawk, which was prepped for day with her Track Day clothes, but unfortunantly i never even turned the key. I had decided to take the SuperMoto CRF450R i had as well and wanted to see how it did on this track as it has a huge long striaght section and the tard will only do 100mph.

Well i had so much fun on the SuperMoto in the in field section eating up the sportbikes, that i decided to leave the VTR in the garage.

Putting a knee down is always fun, but on the SuperMoto it just seems so easy to do. Sportbikes are fast no doubt, but when it comes to tight twisty in-field section they are no match for a lighter, quicker and better handling bike like a SuperMoto, not to mention out breaking them into a turn and rippin past them.

Last edited by Thumper; 08-03-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Superstock

Verne
It looked like a blast Saturday night. Maybe next year I will make it. Why do I have to have so many expensive hobbies. Now I need to get off my butt and go through the few pics I took. Got a few of you and Chad in the first chicane.

Verne
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a video from the 11:45PM session by another rider (not me)

Looks dark in two sections, but after running the daytime sessions it was no big deal as you were already familiar with the areas of the track and the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEr4dU8tUfI
Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Very cool.