General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Do you listen to tunes when you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Back Marker

little squirt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BluStreak
Speakin fo miself, don't want nothin to do with that. Don't get me wrong, luv music in my cars, but my attitude about bikes and skiing is the same. The beauty of the experience is the release that comes with the total focus that comes with riding or skiing well. The music would distract from the beauty of the experience, not to mention compromise your awareness of what else is going on around you. I should add I don't do interstates and avoid straight roads like the plague.

Ommm................

awesome, we now have a Jedi on the boards!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Wearing the Vtwin grin!
Squid

Bikephreak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by little squirt
awesome, we now have a Jedi on the boards!!!
Speaking wise he is. Listen more you must if a Jedi rider you will become. hhmmmm
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Back Marker

HisHawkiness is on a distinguished road
I debated weather or not it was a good idea for a while and decided to give it a shot, and when im in the mood for it, i love it. I can still hear most road noises especialy loud ones just fine and It makes things a little more interesting.....my only problem is that the earbuds always get pulled out by my helmet and cause the music to be all treble
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Simi Valley, CA
Back Marker

lowell is on a distinguished road
Great for slabbing days.

I use my BBerry curve and go
Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Squid

hzryr61 is on a distinguished road
Speeding motorcyclist says music prevented him from hearing police siren

I saw this article and thought of this thread..

Published: Tuesday, June 2, 2009
By MICHAEL P. RELLAHAN, Staff Writer
WEST CHESTER (PA) — A Parkesburg motorcyclist told police he was too preoccupied listening to music to hear a police siren behind him as he raced along Route 30 at 120 mph.

That offense earned 20-year-old Brian Jonathan Barrett a misdemeanor conviction and a year's probation after he pleaded guilty Friday before Chester County Judge Anthony Sarcione to charges of fleeing and eluding police and speeding.

After his arrest, Barrett identified himself to a district judge as a senior at Uppatinas High School in Glenmoore. He was one of four motorcyclists that police saw speeding along routes 202 and 30 about 1:45 p.m. Nov. 28.

State Trooper Dwayne Winchester said he was conducting a speed check on Route 30 just west of Route 100 in West Whiteland when a report of speeding motorcyclists was broadcast over his police radio. His handheld radar gun indicated the four riders speeding past him were traveling at 120 mph, so Winchester gave chase.

Two of the riders slowed down and eventually stopped, but the others continued west on the two-lane highway. Winchester said he hit a speed of 120 mph while chasing he pair with his lights and siren but was unable to gain on them as they wove in and out of traffic down the highway.

As the chase approached Route 113 in Downingtown, the motorcyclists were forced to slow down because of traffic congestion, Winchester said.

After the motorcyclists exited the road onto Route 322, the second of the two riders remaining stopped. When Winchester tried to take this driver into custody, the suspect said he had been unable to hear the sirens because he was listening to his iPod with headphones underneath his helmet. The rider, later identified as Barrett, was taken to the state police Embreeville barracks for processing and his motorcycle, a Honda 954, was towed.

It is unclear from reports whether the fourth motorcyclist was apprehended.

http://dailylocal.com/articles/2009/...0005485680.txt

kevin
Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
supermatt996
Squid

supermatt996 is on a distinguished road
I listen to my ipod about 25% of the time. mostly on the commute to work but only run one ear bud its not even up that loud most of the time cant even hear it its just alittle bit of backround noise
Old 06-04-2009, 04:58 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
usually for me only on longer trips i.e. highway cruising and windy back roads mmm
Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Never Go Full Retard!
Squid

smittyvtf1 is on a distinguished road
Not used to the bike enough. I have in the past on longer rides, I'm sure i will when the new wears off!