General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Corbin or Sargent?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Squid

Emwyn
Corbin or Sargent?

After six weeks of Superhawk ownership I couldn't be happier. (Though I still miss the marauder.) This bike is exactly what I was looking for. But I'd like to replace the stock seat to lower the ride hieght a bit. Would the Corbin or Sargent be better at this. I can't have the seat raise the height at all, at 5'6" I'm at my limit for comfort, not to mention saftey. Any advice would be great.

Further update: This may sound funny but I am finnally getting the the hang of the bike. I'm getting past the chicken strips on the tires. Getting used to the feel of the motor (It's not going to explode at 6k rpm's, using the throttle instead of braking and shifting.) I had one near low side when the bike and I had different feelings about a little bit of sand on the road at a right turn start. With a quick throttle back and a butt scoot I got out of there with only dented pride. I took this as lesson one in big twin torque.
All in all this is a great bike. Deceptively fast and easy to ride. I'm looking at my summer/fall schedule to plan a weekend trip.

Thanks to everybody for all of the ideas/advice I've gotten from thread lurking.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Corbin or Sargent?

Well I can't comment on the Corbin but the Sargent is slightly higher than stock. I'm 5'9" with short legs and I'm tippy toe'd at lights so I lean over slightly onto one leg.