General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Convertibars experience?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Convertibars experience?

Does anyone have the convertibars and if so, what do you think? How much rise is possible with the stock cables and hoses?

Also, if anyone is producing a set of similar bars, I'd love to know about that also.

Thanks,
Lance
Old 06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I have a set. In fact I might be selling a set if I can find a better arrangement. I had them originally on with the stock front end and have since switched to an RC51 front end. They worked pretty good and allowed some choice of positions - the fairing (and the tank frankly) really limits how much though. And its a tight fit (the whole system is a little bulky) so not the kind of thing you'd want to have to change up/down etc depending on the type of ride. Its a really great idea, but without the factor designing the other components with a couple of position choices in mind, its really limited on a faired bike. I'm probably substituting some of the issues I'm having with the RC51 front end and the bars - the triples are much wider so take more room - I guess wtih the SH front end they worked better. I think the best way to put it, is with some fiddling they allow you much more flexibility to get something just right for yourself, that you don't otherwise have with clipons etc. Depends on what your goals are - if its to get up and off your hands, the superbike kit is probably a better, cleaner option. If its to customize the clipon style just for you, these are good. They are stable, solid and well built. I can probably send you some pictures if you need them.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
i built two sets for myself and a buddy, coppied the convertibars and added a few festures to make them better

I agree 100% with what was said above, they would be much better on a naked bike, much higher or more rearward and they hit the gas tank, or the fairing, or the cables are streched out, etc

BUT i found a postion that is 1000000000% better than stock, got rid of the arm pump and cramping associated with long sportin rides

I am going to sell mine but they are for 43mm forks as I had an f4i front end
Old 06-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Cobra, I had read your other post about the "pvc" experiment, and wasn't sure what had ever happened. I still have the stock front, so the 43's wouldn't help. Maybe I'll look into the superbike thing. Just hate to cut fairings.