General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Cheapest place to buy front rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Cheapest place to buy front rotors?

Ever since I have had my 'Hawk, it has always had a pulse in the front brakes. I've always been putting it aside, but I've got alot of things out of the way, and this is next on my to-do list. I plan on getting a set of EBC HH pads for them too. Where is the cheapest place to buy a set? I cannot believe how much MC rotors are. I work at Napa, and I can sell a guy rotors and premiem pads for his humongous 1 ton truck, and it is still cheaper than ONE rotor!! I've been searching on this for the past few nights, but never got a clear answer. Can I use the stock 'Hawk rotors in the future if I was to put on a RC51 brake set up? I know slight caliper modification is nessarry, but I'm just wondering if I can reuse the rotors. The cheapest place I have found thus far is Motosport.com (Where I also buy my tires) 219 each, with free 2 day shipping. Opinions?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Otto Man
Ever since I have had my 'Hawk, it has always had a pulse in the front brakes. I've always been putting it aside, but I've got alot of things out of the way, and this is next on my to-do list. I plan on getting a set of EBC HH pads for them too. Where is the cheapest place to buy a set? I cannot believe how much MC rotors are. I work at Napa, and I can sell a guy rotors and premiem pads for his humongous 1 ton truck, and it is still cheaper than ONE rotor!! I've been searching on this for the past few nights, but never got a clear answer. Can I use the stock 'Hawk rotors in the future if I was to put on a RC51 brake set up? I know slight caliper modification is nessarry, but I'm just wondering if I can reuse the rotors. The cheapest place I have found thus far is Motosport.com (Where I also buy my tires) 219 each, with free 2 day shipping. Opinions?
Yes, you can use your stock rotors with RC51 calipers and pads...that is what I am using now..
Old 09-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Squid

Corona Hawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Try

http://www.cyclebrakes.com
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Service Honda has them at $208.57. Seems to me that going with aftermarket would be the thing to do. I'm running pro-lites now.

KC996 had a similar pulse. Put my stock rotors on when I went to the pro-lites and the pulse didn't go away. He doesn't say whether the change to RC51 calipers fixed it. I only point this out because it might be worth checking carefully before you start throwing parts at it.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Service Honda has them at $208.57. Seems to me that going with aftermarket would be the thing to do. I'm running pro-lites now.

KC996 had a similar pulse. Put my stock rotors on when I went to the pro-lites and the pulse didn't go away. He doesn't say whether the change to RC51 calipers fixed it. I only point this out because it might be worth checking carefully before you start throwing parts at it.
+1 check the run out first.

tim
Old 09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
These are the rotors that I am running now.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...F--603942.html