General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Cheap Peg Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
Cheap Peg Lowering

Update on my progress with lowering the pegs. For those not familiar, you can do a search on the forum for the idea, but the general concept is to buy some pre-2000 kawasaki ZX9 footpegs and bolt them onto the exhaust mounts on the footpeg bracket.

These pictures are not very good to see the actual difference.

One issue I have noticed is with the shift lever. Lowering it to align to my foot position presented a problem with the back of it hitting against the ZX9 footpeg bracket.

The second thing I noticed is the size of the ZX9 pegs I got. The right was from a 93 model and the left from a 98 model. The 98 model is smaller and I like it much better. If I stick with this setup, I'll update the right one to match.

I'm going to ride some and make a decision, but may swap back if I'm not comfortable with the shifter. However, from a comfort perspective, it makes a big difference on knee bend.
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Peg Lowering-pegs-right-before.jpg   Cheap Peg Lowering-pegs-right-after.jpg   Cheap Peg Lowering-pegs-left-before.jpg   Cheap Peg Lowering-pegs-left-after.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Fitted zx9 footpeg (£13) to accommodate my 'stiff' leg following surgery, on the left side. Used the exhaust mount point on the hanger to gain a drop of an inch, and rotated the gear lever one notch on the spline. When leg gets better it will be easy to revert back to normal.

Made spacer tube from a on old plug spanner and used low profile allen bolt that came with peg with loctite.

'scuse filthy bike.