General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

CAN AM SPYDER TEST DRIVE

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
CAN AM SPYDER TEST DRIVE

So, I tested a Spyder yesterday...my thoughts;
Looks fab, IMHO. The Dealer had a Pearl White model in stock. Sexier than my wife's best friend...but $21,000....OW!
Driving / Riding impressions...good points, comfy as heck. No need to put feet down when stopped. Bike accelerates OK (not a VTR, but not meant to be) and the semi auto shifter is VERY trick. Brake is good (just one footbrake).
Bad points; OMG...aproaching a turn...pucker up!! Flippin thing dances all over the road...like a whippet on crack...manic! Bizzare handling. Twitchy and nervous, and very unpredictable in the turn. Super sensitive to bar input...I guess best to just relax and enjoy...(heard that one before)..

Overall, not my bag, but I respect what they have done with this concept. Kudos to BRP. But I'll stick with my VTR, thanks...
Old 05-20-2010, 10:25 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
I've heard basically the same thing you just said from everyone that I know who has test riden one. They sound kind of scary! I picture trying to lean into a turn and being stumped. I bet it's also strange (like on a quad) to stop and not want to put your feet down. When the first quads came out they didn't have a heel protector so if you tried to put your feet down during a stop, the rear wheel would grab your heel hard!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
A guy I work with has one. They look kinda cool and kinda fast. That's about as far as it goes for me. Not really my cup of tea.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't mind owning one
Old 05-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Squid

blicraft is on a distinguished road
My buddy has two one for him and and one for his wife I've ridden both. Not my style but if you want people coming up to you asking questions about it go for it.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
The concept is great...they are full of trick electronics and well put together. But the ride is not for me...