General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Bye bye Firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Squid

Prilliant03 is on a distinguished road
Bye bye Firestorm

I'm an impulsive bugger at the best of times, so when I was offered an 02 Aprilia RSV for just £2100 my imagination went into overdrive. Sadly I'm not wealthy enough to justify having 2 bikes right now, so having checked the Aprilia out (and all was very good), I realised the Firestorm was going to have to go.

Anyway, I haven't posted here very much, but can honestly say this has been a great forum with a lot of smart, mature and good friendly people. I've got a lot of good advice during the year I've been a member. it's been a pleasure taking part.

I'll still drop in from time to time of course.

Ride safe,

Neil
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prilliant03
I'm an impulsive bugger at the best of times, so when I was offered an 02 Aprilia RSV for just £2100 my imagination went into overdrive. Sadly I'm not wealthy enough to justify having 2 bikes right now, so having checked the Aprilia out (and all was very good), I realised the Firestorm was going to have to go.

Anyway, I haven't posted here very much, but can honestly say this has been a great forum with a lot of smart, mature and good friendly people. I've got a lot of good advice during the year I've been a member. it's been a pleasure taking part.

I'll still drop in from time to time of course.

Ride safe,

Neil
good luck with the new bike...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

falcondrvr is on a distinguished road
Always wanted an Aprilia RSV myself. Good luck with it!

Is yours going to be an R model with the Ohlins suspension?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
lucky man. i'm still new to riding but plan on getting myself an RSV eventually. It's a logical transition in my mind...aprilias are kind of like superhawks that went on to get their masters degree...a bit more refined.

have fun on the new steed!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Squid

Prilliant03 is on a distinguished road
Falcondrvr, no it's not an R model. Just couldn't find one at the right price, but my bike will be receiving the Ohlins and OZ treatment as time and finances allow. This is actually my fourth big Aprilia, having owned 2 Falcos and an earlier RSV in the past. Needless to say I'm a hopeless addict. all the charisma and beauty of an Italian bike with none of the usual hassles. I must have covered well in excess of 50,000 miles on my previous Apes with not a single breakdown or failure to start. The best thing is that Aprilia are still very much a scooter manufacturer in the eyes of the uneductaed (8 WSBK wins and countless GP titles says different), so the prices for good used bikes are extremely reasonable.