General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Bummed

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Back Marker

rooster is on a distinguished road
Bummed

Per a earlier post, I had my first track day with the VTR about two weeks ago and loved it. This inspired me to begin looking for a second (track) bike. Fridaya friend emailed me a local lead on a bike. It was an 05 GSXR 600 with light cosmetic damage to the right side. Bike had 1800 miles serviced twice and had new tires on it. The guy bought it for his wife to ride but she is now pregnant sooo they are selling it. He said he would sell it for what he had in it to break even. The price was too high for what me and the wife discussed that I could spend but after she heard what a good deal it was gave me permission to pull the money out of the bank. Saturday my friend called the seller and left a message stating that if the deal still applies I would buy the bike. Didnt hear from him all day Sunday (left two messages and an Email). Found out today someone else bid $700 more than I after we left the message for the purchase. He did say if the deal fell thru he would sell to me but that is not likely. I'm not mad at him , I would have done the samething it just sucks ***. I was bummed that at first I couldnt have it because of price then I get the chace to get it, only to have it ripped from me again. Hey, I could have become a squid.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
You may have dodged a bullet. Some of the other guys have written that the earlier gixxers are the best ones. I think the 01 to 03's were the ones mentioned as being good bikes. After my wreck I tried to buy an 04 Superhawk but I'm pretty good at not crossing my limits. After he started the bike it never did run clean or well. Somebody (in their infinite wisdom) had used an eraser wheel to take the birds off the tank and thoroughly fucked up the clear coat. After I walked away I was sad that the deal didn't happen but the farther I got away from it the better I felt about sticking to my guns and saying "no" to chasing a bad deal.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Back Marker

There will be no chasing for me unless the deal falls thru. I hate to admit it but these bikes are beast on the track in the right hands. Same friend that sent the link to me has one just like the one I was looking at and railed on the track in the Intermediate on Pilot Powers, stock springs and bodywork. I belive he could have done well on a Ninja 250 also because the is a very good rider. He made the bike look good on the track. There doesnt seem to be any major problems with the squid 600s. I am open to all brands This one just happened to be a good deal close.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Bikes are a little like girlfriends.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Back Marker

NovaWildcat08
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Bikes are a little like girlfriends.
Mine used to get mad and say I loved my bike more. Thats probably because a bike ride lasts longer than I do.
Needless to say, she's gone but the bike's still here.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
my wife understands that the bike as a very close second but only a mistress, never a wife. and I don't know about the rest of you but I find that with the superhawk, she likes to be dominated. if you aren't in command, then she is. and you don't want a fickle female with 105hp and 70 ft/lb of torque to be in command. at least not when you're trying to stay on top of her
Old 04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Back Marker

Well, if it makes y'all feel better Sat. she was rode hard up hwy 60 then to 68 and last but not least put up wet (rained on the way back). I am afraid the Superhawk thinks she is going to be slopy seconds to whatever new ***** comes to the basement and is parked next to her. Boy, this thread is going downhill.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
I know how it is dude.. I walked away from an 84 Yamaha RZ350 that I was jonesing for real bad to do a cafe-racer resto....but it had way too many problems for what the guy was asking. He tells me its in great shape over the phone, then I show up and it's got weak-*** brakes, the clutch is sticking, the front forks are leaking oil all over the brake rotors, only gauge that works is temp which is reading hot after 5 mins down the road....but man did that little 2-stroke FLY. Gotta love a piece of **** bike with a built, big-bore motor lol
Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
I went to the kitchen while reading this. Walked in and my girlfriend was reading this thread. She asked me why we treat are bikes like woman ? I said we treat them better they can really hurt us if they want. the woman can only hurt our heart. She want's to know if you had to give up the hawk or woman which would it be ? Remember no sex with a female or no 150mph bike rides or bikes at all for that matter. She thinks you need both to live or at least that I do. Man that would be tough think I would have to skydive for the same feeling as the Hawk or at least a big block mopar cuda