General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Buell 1125R

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:39 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Edwards07 is on a distinguished road
Buell 1125R

So i had the chance to see the unvailing of the 1125R at Laguna during the MotoGP race back in July. They started it up and it sounded really good. Really raw, but good. i didn't get a chance to sit on it considering how many people were hovering around the tent.

So the dealership i work at just got one in and i got a chance to sit on it and make my final thought about it before i ride it and i must say it looks awesome and it feels great! Feels a little heavy in the front because of the radiators, but stable enough. But i can't wait until this damn rain goes away so i can ride it!

-Miles
Old 12-23-2007, 01:15 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
Strap on a camera and post it up...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:56 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
can't wait to hear. I thought they still hadn't shipped them because of pre-production glitches they wereworking out after the initial press launch. Must be they are satisfied - will be fun to hear your impressions and comparisons to the SH
Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98
i want to hear about it DUDE!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:01 PM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
My first bike was a blast... great bike... never had a problem with it. I like buell's, I'd buy one, but I'd rather have Honda reliability....
Old 12-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Back Marker

hawkman996 is on a distinguished road
I've liked buell's since the firebolt came out and I was able to ride one during bike week. Still wouldn't be my first choice but none the less a great bike. I'm interested in hearing about the new model but I don't know about the looks....the front is just so big.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:50 PM
B R
Back Marker

B R is on a distinguished road
Unrelated to this post perhaps. This Sunday I swapped bikes for 10 miles of back roads with my friends Buell X1. The only good thing about it was the power, which was decent. I didn't like the ride, too harsh at both ends, & the seat, even though a Corbin, was very uncomfy, felt like it had squared off edges. I was racing some guy on a chopper, so I got up to speed & the bike felt too light, not a real stable feeling even though it wasn't unstable.

I rode an XB9r before, & that was way better than this X1. The 1125 is probably the best Buell yet, I'd like to try one out.

Last edited by B R; 12-26-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Sorry i didn't post up sooner, been kinda busy. I only was able to get a few pictures since our sales manager refuses to start it up They also were taken with my camera phone so they might look a little blurry. Haven't been able to ride it yet, still due to the weather. But hopefully soon.
Attached Thumbnails Buell 1125R-pic-0001.jpg   Buell 1125R-pic-0002.jpg  
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
2 Wheels
Squid

Lil Vtwin is on a distinguished road
If you've ridin the firebolt before you know how touchy the front brake is. Good to know they are in shipping to stores now might have to make the trip and finish my debate on if i wanna go with another buell. The only bad taste I have about the Buell is all the import bike riders get a lil uneasy about them. My Firebolt was dumped 3 times by import crouch rocket riders, and on the 3rd time they decided to kick the mirrors off, cut up the seat, along with some fireworks and everything else. ( Wish I had been in the bushes, with my AR15 that night.) Anyways buell got totalled due to all the vandalism. Still pissed off about that night. But to everyone "It doesnt matter what you ride, as long as you ride" If any one else gets an 1125r take care on where you park it. Dont let what happened to me happen to you.

Later All AJ
Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
I would not mind trying one out.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

I had a Cyclone and a Thunderbolt so I have a soft spot for Buells. I prefer my SH over one but I respect their design and function. Would love to take a spin on one for fun, but I can't see buying a new bike anytime soon.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:04 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Edwards07
Sorry i didn't post up sooner, been kinda busy. I only was able to get a few pictures since our sales manager refuses to start it up They also were taken with my camera phone so they might look a little blurry. Haven't been able to ride it yet, still due to the weather. But hopefully soon.
Wow do you work at my local H-D shop? They park all the buells by the back corner wall too! LOL.

When the salesman sees me walk in to look at the buells, they turn around and walk off to sell some more gen-u-whine yet reasonably priced official H-D accessories to the sheep.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:07 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Originally Posted by superbling
Wow do you work at my local H-D shop? They park all the buells by the back corner wall too! LOL.

When the salesman sees me walk in to look at the buells, they turn around and walk off to sell some more gen-u-whine yet reasonably priced official H-D accessories to the sheep.

LOL, yeah i try and be different. I personally love buells, but seems like all the salesmen hate them and won't touch them with a 50 foot pole. And surprisingly it's parked in front as you walk in the front door. From the type of customers we get you'd think that buells would be banned or something. But there are a few hardcore buell fans out there that i love shootin' the **** with. A lot of them think that buell shouldn't have anything to do with Harley, and they got their wish with the 1125R.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:55 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

LOL - I usually always got $hit from the HD guys even though my Dad had three of them, my brother had a couple, and I spent my fair share of time on them. But how can you complain about something so cool as this:

That was my favorite bike so far. Not because it was all that fast or anyone cared, but because it was the nicest looking bike I ever owned and I didn't have to do anything to it. Plus it was different with a Kevlar belt drive, v-twin evo engine, suspension and exhaust down low for low center of gravity, pearl white paint, polished aluminum oil reservoir, and a one of a kind sound. Gotta hand it to Eric Buell for putting some serious hard work into these bikes and you can tell he respects and appreciates the riders.

Last edited by newb007; 12-28-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
So did he ever fire it up?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Yeah, he started it up for only a few seconds though. Enough to where we had to replace the plugs because they fouled from all the salesman starting it up and shutting it down after a few seconds...damn salesmen. Unfortunately the bike sold before i was able to test ride the bike. There's always next time though.

-Miles
Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I do have alot of respect for buell bikes. The design on them is truly spectacular... fuel in the frame and exhaust under the bike to lower center of gravity... Engine oil in the swingarm... just a ton of really good design. As a matter of fact, I thnk I'm beginning to see a trend of manufacturers making the exhaust lower and lower and placed uder the bike... good stuff ala ninja 650 and a newer gsxr's if memory servers correctly.

Buell was onto this before anyone else... My only gripe about my blast (it was my first bike and SUPER reliable) or any buell for that matter is the wheelbase feels so small... like I was going to flip over on it if I hit my front brake on it to hard. Speaking of the front brake, I really liked the sensitivity on it.

KG
Old 01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
I had an XB12R whip passed me today. Looked and sounded great