General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Bike is Home

Old 03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Bike is Home

The insurance company and I have agreed to agree on the vehicle damages and part of the deal was returning the bike to me so I brought her back to the shop this afternoon. It ain't pretty but it's not as bad as I think all of us thought it should be. The forks are definitely bent but the guts should be good according to Greg so all it will need is new tubes. I haven't gotten deep enough into it to confirm this but it looks like the front brakes did a better job of slowing me down than I thought. The prevailing speed limit on that section of Bee Caves Road is 45mph and I was at or near that limit flanking the chick in the BMW. She was in the slow lane - me in the passing/fast lane. When the affore mentioned ***** pulled out of the DayCare parking lot in front of us we both let off. He came out far enough in the road to let her by on my right but he ran out of ***** before he got to the center turn lane and stopped stradling the fast lane. I was trapped. It was dig in hard and pick a spot. The driver's door was as good as any and I thought if this ******** could try to kill me all I could do was return the favor. After closely looking at the bike I think the impact speed was more like 20-25 mph instead of what I said before (30-35). The neck on the frame looks good and nothing around the neck is destroyed. The triples are wumper-jawed but even they look unbent - just twisted. My wrist is not up for long hours of wrenching and the painpills have destoyed my guts so I just cannot work on it as long as I would like. For those of you waiting for the feeding frenzy it looks like parting the bike is not an option. There will be some parts that I replace and some that will be for sale but I will announce which parts as I get closer to a full list and closer to the rebuild process. I'll keep the beaten and battered parts for donation to project bikes as well.

And so before Lou calls, yes, the chick in the BMW stopped, came walking up and presents me with a business card and says. "I was right in front of you, just in case you need anything. . . " OK so that's two lists that I'm working on. She was really an Asphalt Angel for me that morning and I appreciated it. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of her.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone else get the gut feeling I do from these pics ?
man, I am soooo sorry...
Old 03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
The thought of the asphalt angel balanced out that gut feeling for me. Still, I could only look at the pics for so long.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:55 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
It looks alot like mine did last fall, but it wasn't a gut feeling. It was a little lower than that thanks to hitting the gas tank on the way off. Good luck with the project and feel better. I'm hoping to finish mine off this weekend.

Kendrick
Old 03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
So am reading this right . The Hawk will live again ? If so glad to hear it ! Once again hope your recovery is going well . And your riding it again soon .
Old 03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Was the BMW chick cute?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:36 PM
MotoGP

Brunette with legs all the way up and owns the company!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:12 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by hrcvf1000r
So am reading this right . The Hawk will live again ? If so glad to hear it ! Once again hope your recovery is going well . And your riding it again soon .
That's right hrc! I started her up (no leaks and strong as ever) after we got things sorted out in the shop - we've got some parking issues to work out but it looks like she's going to be a while coming back. I'll take last winter's build and take it up a notch from there. Luckily there's not too many open issues with that build so it's pretty much repairing the damage and getting new parts for those that were destroyed. But she will ride again and be better than ever. I always liked the Nava bodywork and now's my chance. But that's a long ways off - the front end is more important. I still got a month to go in the cast then rehab starts. I still got this zinger that goes up between my thumb and fore finger everytime I put pressure on it. And yup, you guessed it, that's right where you hold the bars. But that's only one zinger down from a multitude of zingers right after the impact through my whole hand and not just the busted one - both of them. All the nerve endings in your fingers go through the wrist and when the circuits take a hit like this things just get a little shorted-out and crossed up for a while. Hopefully it will all pass in time.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
OK, so the ride is off... No need to make the injury worse.. and have it take longer. Cody and I could come down and strip the front end off at your place if ya want.. Go have lunch some place.. It really would not be that big a deal.. and at least you would have that out of the way,, and know what you need in parts.

There have been a few SH front ends available here and on fleabay.. should not be hard to come up with some stock forks you can install your valving in.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:14 AM
MotoGP

Ride is NOT off! Just may not be as long as it would have been but we're still on! I'll have the forks off by tonight. I have bids on a VTR fontend and a 900rr front end in progress. You and Cody are always welcome in my shop! I did want to do some dirt riding with you guys - that may have to wait.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:38 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Mario has proven himself to be a really nice guy too, and great to deal with. I know another guy over here that bought stuff off him.

One tip would be to consider getting him to give you prices on any ancillary bits you might need with the fairing swap. The fairing I saw was the one that took the twin lights, and Mario could supply the lights way cheaper than they could be bought separately in Australia.