General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

anyone else have a mutant jack russel terrior?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:34 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
anyone else have a mutant jack russel terrior?

I've got a 5 and a half year old male jack. Long hair long legs. Strong bastard. Very energetic as most are. My gf just called me told me he snapped his steel tie out cable this morning. Its steel. He broke the damn thing. Lol. That 1 tie out meant for a much larger dog. 2 wide leather collars and one collar he managed to bend the ring open on. Again all the collars are meant for dogs much bigger. Like german shepards. Lol. He's 17 pounds.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
LOL I don't but one of my dad's neighbors has one that's pretty nutty. I did have mutant german shepherd though. I wish I had some videos of that thing.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
Those dogs are very smart, i would never own one.. Suprised he has not chewed your seat off yet....
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lynchie
Those dogs are very smart, i would never own one.. Suprised he has not chewed your seat off yet....
HAHA the german shepherd I was referring to chewed the tops off an entire flight of wooden stairs and used to chew on big rocks when it was outside.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
SuperBike

My buddy had an american bulldog and he used to toss around car seats and big tree stumps. Lol. My jack is non destructive. Used to be but he's grown out of it. Completely retarded when we get him wound up. He ll do laps in the backyard till he damn near pukes its too funny. I've got a couple vids of him playing with a balloon and a giant bug that fell out of a tree. Ill see if youtube can accept that file type and ill post them up here.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Schnitzel
Squid

PHxS is on a distinguished road
I had a Siberian Husky which weighed all of about 36 pounds. I know they are bred to be sled pullers in the tundra, but this girl had super powers. She could clear the 4 foot high fence to the neighbors yard and nearly hit the top of a six foot high fence in a single jump.

Of course, this was after breaking many ropes from the zip line and numerous collars. One combo was unbelievable, she managed stretch a 4 gauge d-ring and then tear it from a double thick 1 1/2" wide collar (advertised for 100lb+ dogs). We let her go where she wanted after she snapped 1/8" braided steel line. I miss her dearly.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
SuperBike

A friends mom used to breed huskys and she had this one huge male that would run in the kennle and the literlly jump on one wall and use the momentum to run to the corner and on the other wall a little. Thing as crazy.

Thing about jacks is they'll clear a fence up to about 6 feet. Thebooks I've read all say to make your fence no lower than 6 feet. My guy walks and jumps over the couch backrest with ease and when I get him going he ll spring up face level to me and I'm 6'2. Extremely intelligent dogs. Much too smart for their own good. Also mines immune to shock collars. I bought him a training collar for offlead stuff. First few times he got zapped he jumped a little. Once he got zapped dropped his ball and stared at it kind of like wtf whyd you bite me. Lol. And afterr that it stopped being effective. He ran off once I held the button down didn't stop him. I caught up to him and was zapping him and his neck was shaking but he was wagging his tail. Lol. Same with our invisible dog fencing. First couple times he got zapped he nearly hit the moon. The other week he was at the fence. Getting shocked. Pissing on the fence. Lol. So that's why we use the tie out. Oh and he's fast too. I had him out for a run on my cross country bike. Got a speedo on it. At 20 kph he was trotting beside me. A fast walk of sorts. Lol.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:05 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
you'd better turn the zap power up to the max. those zap collars are meant to be a training tool or supplement.

my airedale(airhead) is dumb as a post but not crazy like that.

old fried of mine said "there is only one problem with dogs. they get old and die before their owners." truer words never spoken, RIP old pal, you are missed DOGFACE.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:17 PM
SuperBike

I hear ya man. I put down a dog about 7 years ago. It was hard. But I'm far more attached to this guy then any dog I've ever owned. I just fixed his tie out. He ripped off a 4 foot section lol. And his shock collars are both at the highest settings. Both have new batteries. Just to reassure myself I took him out and watched him walk into the fence line at my driveway. I watched him get shocked. The reaction was kind of like he's been spit on and he walked away. Lol. Tough little bastard.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
they are tough. are the points making good contact with the flesh?

what part of ontario are you from? if you say toronto... sorry.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Squid
Squid

thumper61713 is on a distinguished road
My parents bred Siberian Huskies and those dogs are crazy!! We ended up keeping a couple of them and they would kill cats, rabbits and chickens.

We would have the dogs locked up and they would still kill the other animals... My grandpa was over one time and the chickens were loose on our property and one decided to put its head through the dog kennel fence. Well the Siberian Husky bit its head, yanked it completely off and swallowed it. The chicken started flipping, squirting blood everywhere while my grandpa ran away almost puking.