General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

another Superhawk killed

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Squid

Snucks is on a distinguished road
another Superhawk killed

October 23rd a 75yr old woman ran a red light and nailed me at 35 mph. I spent ten days in the hospital with torn acl in my right knee torn pcl and meniscus in left knee and for the cherry on top a severed urethra. As you can see from the pics it was a quick death for her.

another Superhawk killed-1023091333a.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1023091333b.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1023091334a.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1023091334b.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1029092104b.jpg

Last edited by Snucks; 11-07-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: format was funky
Old 11-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Squid

what she looked like before the accident

another Superhawk killed-s2400005.jpg

another Superhawk killed-s2400004.jpeg.jpg
Old 11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that, what kinda helmet were you wearing??? gonna part it out? n did she have insurance
Old 11-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Squid

pic of me Halloween night and of the two leading contenders to replace my bike. Red one is an aprilia Falco and orange is an aprilia Shiver
another Superhawk killed-1101090109a.jpg

another Superhawk killed-der-kommissar.jpg

another Superhawk killed-mechanical-sex.jpg
Old 11-07-2009, 12:24 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
dude, that blows. and in no way does the word "lucky" fit anything related to this, so lets just say "thankfully" you still have a leg. and the third leg of course. wow. a fraction of a second different could have been even worse. did you have anytime to react?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Squid

Shark rsr2 duhamel model....btw most underrated helmet ever. More comfortable than my arai corsair. Icon daytona jacket and speed and strength moment of truth mesh/leather short gloves.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Squid

zero reaction time. all I had time for was a thought..."this is going to hurt". I flew (ragdolled) over my bike and her hood shattered her windshield and landed flat on my back about ten feet away from her car. other than a nice bruise on my elbows no upper body damage. People knock Icon riding gear but I have to say if it wasnt for that jacket I would have had a shattered left elbow for certain. Oh the jacket barely has a scratch and all the stitching is 100% perfect. My helmet also looks pristine but I will be getting a replacement.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
i love the orange bike, its winter here in the south so i bought a jeep as play toy for winter and tearing bike apart next sat, i broke now
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, glad you're gonna be ok though (not making light of your injuries though). Been there brother...got involved in an accident @ 10 years ago with a car on the highway that lost control and spun out. Also ripped my superhawk in half-destroyed my pcl, tib/fib in 2 places, broke all my toes, etc, etc. To add insult to injury a guy I used to ride with was nice enough to pick up the pieces and "hold" my bike for a week until the insurance got to seeing it. He proceded to pick pieces off it (what was left) without asking. Didn't realize until a year later when I see his superhawk sitting outside the dealer where he worked with a damaged set of jardines that looked suspiciously like mine...*******. Anyway wish you a speedy and healthy recovery. I always say it sucks to see your pride and joy wrecked but in the big picture it's just a bike. As long as you can make a good recovery and there's nothing permanent consider yourself lucky. Best wishes my friend.
Squid

She has aaa insurance but only minimum coverage...15k. My bills are already over 130k and I still need knee surgeries and the cath removed. I think its going to be over 200k when its all said and done. I don't know how parting the bike out works as this is my first automobile accident.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by cliby
dude, that blows. and in no way does the word "lucky" fit anything related to this, so lets just say "thankfully" you still have a leg. and the third leg of course. wow. a fraction of a second different could have been even worse. did you have anytime to react?
I understand, I always hated when bad **** happened to me and everyone said "You're lucky!" I'd always say "I don't feel very lucky." But it's true because bad **** happens to everyone and alot of people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time and never get to wake up-it's game over for them. I understand the traditional meaning of "lucky" is winning the lotto but for me I t-boned an out of control car at about 80mph and did a superman over his hood. The fact that I didn't die, and amazingly didn't have a SCRATCH on me from the waist up is nothing short of a miracle. If I had the boots and knee protection on I now wear I very well may have even walked away-at most with a torn ligament in my knee. So looking back I'd say that's lucky. Not to have been in the accident but to have gotten away as well as I did, even though I went through hell and spent a year learning to walk and run again.

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-07-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Squid

here are some pics of my gears.....I also have about two mins of audio of the crash. I just happened to be recording the sounds of the bike for a video collage I was going to make for facebook...its a little disturbing though. not sure if I should or can post it

another Superhawk killed-1104091136a.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1104091137a.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1104091138b.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1104091140a.jpg

another Superhawk killed-1104091139a.jpg
Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Do YOU have insurance-medical through work I mean? I fortunately worked for a large bank at the time and was (sorry cliby ) lucky enough that they covered me. I know alot of insurance will **** you whenever they hear "motorcycle." I also racked up close to 100k the first week, and that was 10 years ago. Hopefully you do and they help you.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Squid

a couple things I noticed. People have a weird bias against riders. I cant tell you how many people have said "I feel sorry for her" when they find out about my accident.....WTF!!!! i'm the one thats going to miss months of work and for a month will be pissing through a ******* tube into a bag tied to my leg! Let me get this straight. An old woman runs a red light hitting a guy walking across the street sending him to the hospital and its a tragedy. Put that same dude on a motorcycle and its "motorcycles are dangerous"....I hate cagers
Old 11-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Squid

actually I dont have health insurance. It's funny cause Im a patient advocate lol. I had to apply for CMISP but am not sure if i qualify. I already know im going to have to sue this woman. I have uninsured/underinsured coverage on my bike and my vehicle policy again not sure how this works because I have never been in an accident like this before.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Get used to it if you haven't already...It sucks and it's ALWAYS like that. I always say you could be riding home 10 mph under the speed limit after just having been volunteering helping underprivelaged kids, and get killed at a stoplight by a drunk driver who was running from the cops after just shooting the president, and people will say "Those damn motorcycle are so dangerous."

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-07-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I had to immediately deal with the bullshit and have a highway patrolman removed from the ER because he was harrassing me without having any idea what happened. Figured he could start riding my *** simply because he sees a kid who was riding a sportbike so he assumes it's my fault. The cops drew up a bullshit accident report that had nothing to do with what happened and was drawn up to make it look like I was drag racing another bike...they conveniently left out the part where the car spun around several times causing the accident. Later on another highway patrolman tried to explain by saying "you have to understand. We hose 'guys like you' off the road every weekend." By the way johnny homemaker in his taurus wagon who caused the whole thing left me laying on the side of the road and never even cared if I was even alive.

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-07-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Again I wish you well, both for a fast and full recovery, and for some help and good fortune with the insurance and medical costs.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Squid

The idea that I'm going to have anything less than 100% full recovery hasn't even occurred to me. not sure if its my age (31) or that I take pretty good care of myself (I eat right don't smoke...etc) or just pure arrogance
Old 11-07-2009, 02:32 PM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
****. Glad you're ok, dude. The bike is a mess. -- R.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:02 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
I've had a catheter in for extended time before removal and well... you might want to consider leaving it in. They need to tell you to count to 10 and pull on 2. Kidding aside, glad you are able to walk and talk. Speedy recovery.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up well.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
Glad you made it out of that crash, the bike is pretty trashed, you live your second life already
Get well and I hope you figure out the money puzzle.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Exactly, part of that is disposing of the last one. I could use the right engine case and the TBR can. Hope this eases your pain.

Nothing is worse than surviving - at least for the first few days. Your guts are pounded, if you don't **** and **** blood for a week you're lucky. Then the long term **** sets in. Take your time, hire good doctors (they're not all the same) and get an attorney. If Granny dies before your claim to her estate is in place you may be more than fukt up - you may b fukt.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
Dibs on the midpipes.
JK, glad you're alright man. Sucks when **** like this happens. Maybe you can squeeze enough out of her insurance company to buy yourself a RC51.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:21 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Damn snucks, I'm glad to see you faired much better than the bike. After being down big myself (way back in '92), the value of riding gear is priceless. Horrible feeling after you body finally stops rolling isn't it?

Anyway, my vote is for the Shiver. I like neckids .
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about your accident and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Good luck in your recovery. Shiver for sure! Thing rips
Old 11-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Squid

Hawkeye_flying is on a distinguished road
Make an example of that old bag and take her grand kids inheritance, peace and good luck
Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Back Marker

storm_rider is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Things could have been a lot worse.

Those pictures of your 'hawk are heart-breaking.

Looking ahead, nice choices for a new bike. Aprilia's are cool !

Quick Reply: another Superhawk killed