General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Another new(b) member

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Squid

drfc11dog is on a distinguished road
Another new(b) member

Howdy all! After lurking/searching for the past month and a half I feel like I can post now that my '98 SH is finally OTR again(pics in album). For multiple reasons it sat in my garage for the past 9 seasons. Which leads me to some observations...

Thank you to all who've taken their time to post all these great reference writeups...a tremendous knowledge base here that's much appreciated!

Thank you for providing me with hours of entertainment by reading you guys going back and forth at each other sometimes, it's funnier than TV!

Seems like a great community and glad I got back on my SuperChicken and found a place where others dig this truly unique motorbycle!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
If you've read all the posts, then you know it's been decided that yellow is the fastest color. I expect you'll be re-painting soon, huh?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Back Marker

ninjagoalie is on a distinguished road
cool, another fast red one. Welcome
Old 08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
If you've read all the posts, then you know it's been decided that yellow is the fastest color. I expect you'll be re-painting soon, huh?
What he meant to say is...if you've read all the posts, you realize how delusional yellow hawk owners are.
Welcome, enjoy the ride!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:57 PM
907 Noble
Back Marker

AK Ronin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ranchomice
What he meant to say is...if you've read all the posts, you realize how delusional yellow hawk owners are.
Welcome, enjoy the ride!
Agreed.

Welcome! It's nice to see another Red one. I like the lower fairing too. Brings the bike together really nice in the photos
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
ALOHA,
RIDE RED!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Originally Posted by ranchomice
Yes color can be an extreme optical delusion. Take the picture below.
Now in this example we obviously Know that Red is faster but I'll take the one with the Yellow upper and lowers everytime!
Originally Posted by AK Ronin
I like the lower fairing too. Brings the bike together really nice in the photos
Thank you! I like it overall but would like to spice it up abit*cough*alot. I can't afford a custom paint job which I'd really like to do but I really dig this decal setup/colors for the SP1 which I can get online for around 100-125$.

Thanks for the welcomes all!! In a shameless ploy to boost my post count I'll try not to--->
Attached Thumbnails Another new(b) member-fast-faster-fastest.jpg   Another new(b) member-me-likee-decals.jpg  
Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
SP1 is a different bike... just FYI... those decals won't fit...

And I'd probably take the red in the first pic Damn that 928 is a good looking car!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:22 PM
907 Noble
Back Marker

Well here in the next week or so when I FINALLY enter VTR of the month, because my bike is finally finished, I'll show you some pictures. I really liked the RC51 scheme too, so that's what I did on my bike, except in Hyper Blue. I like it, really stands out. I put a lot of blue on my bike, I like the way it looks with the red, especially since most the stock is red and black instead.
I did however break my blue angel eye last week I catwalked my bike for the first time with the new HID projection setup and when I came down I cased the front pretty hard. Hard enough to shatter the angel eye...-sigh- So sadly I won't be showcasing that for a while. I do however have new ones on the way though.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM
907 Noble
Back Marker

Originally Posted by 7moore7
And I'd probably take the red in the first pic Damn that 928 is a good looking car!
They are nice cars. My Dad had one up here for 15 years, and he just shipped it to his other place in vegas. It's a sweet ride. It sounds like a superbeast too.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by 7moore7
SP1 is a different bike... just FYI... those decals won't fit...

Lmao I know the SP1/RC51 is a different bike but ty...I couldn't wait 2yrs for the Real Duc killer so I gladly bought my SH in '97...and never say never, only real issue will be modding/cutting the black tri-wing decal, everything else there's room for.

And you can have the 928, looks like a Mazda project gone horibly wrong to me. Now if she was standing by a 911 Carrera w/a whale tail or 911 gt3 well different ending...to each their own...

Congrats on VTRoftM btw :
Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by drfc11dog
Lmao I know the SP1/RC51 is a different bike but ty...I couldn't wait 2yrs for the Real Duc killer so I gladly bought my SH in '97...and never say never, only real issue will be modding/cutting the black tri-wing decal, everything else there's room for.

And you can have the 928, looks like a Mazda project gone horibly wrong to me. Now if she was standing by a 911 Carrera w/a whale tail or 911 gt3 well different ending...to each their own...
Well, now we're changing the context! Of course I would take a 911 over any front engine Porsche... and if I owned the 928 I probably wouldn't even call it "the Porsche", I'd just refer it to it as "the nine-twenty eight".

Regardless, I'd take the car... then use it to find some foolish girl in yellow ... the I could have both! Hard to do it the other way around...

Oh and I'm all for jamming decals from a different bike on, just as long as you know what you're up against... it isn't completely uncommon for people to order SP1 parts and finding out they don't fit lol.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Squid

AK Ronin I can't wait to see the pics of your RC51 vision in blue...sounds killer mate!!!

7moore7 you do realize you can custom size those decals thereby not "cramming" anything right? And cheap? Of course you do lol...nice bike mate
Old 08-05-2011, 05:50 AM
MotoGP

Thanks!

And scissors/exacto knife aren't cheap! That's like three bucks down the drain! I'd stick to cramming... folded vinyl lines probably brake up airflow and reduce drag too... haha