General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Almost bit the bullet on my way home

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Angry Almost bit the bullet on my way home

Sorry if these roads and highways are named as if you guys live near me lol. I'm copying and pasting my post here form my local rider forum.

Heading home just got off the interstate at Alabaster. Heading down 31S about the crest the intersection where you would turn into Best Buy or Target. Some bitch in a black newer Ford Ranger comes hauling *** out of that intersection not even stopping and I about plowed right into her slamming on the brakes and swerving off to the far right lane (turn in lane) to avoid hitting her stupid ***. I give her the finger and continue to head on my way.

Turn off of 31 and onto Fulton Springs Rd. As I'm coming up to the second set of RR tracks I see this truck hauling *** up behind me. Yup, you guessed it, stupid bitch again. She MUST of passed cars illegally going down Fulton Springs Rd because there were two other cars that were behind me prior to the RR tracks. Well now this bitch is behind me and she's riding my *** so close that I swear I could feel the heat off her headlights on the back of my legs. It was THAT close. Uncomfortable close. Anyways, she rides my *** the entire time until we come to the end of Fulton Springs Rd. I start to get into the left turn in lane to head on 119 and this bitch floors it and almost clips me as I was merging over then flips ME off like I did something wrong!!

So I had enough and got behind her as she was turning right onto 119 and had to wait at the red light. I decided to give her a piece of my mind and pulled up beside her driver door as I knew her window was down. Sitting next to her she was just smiling like it was no thing to ride my *** and God forbid I have to slam on my brakes and she kill me because of no room to stop. So I tell her" WTF are you doing ridfing my *** so close. She just laughed and it pissed me off like a **** and set me over the top. I thought real hard about bashing her door in and see how funny she would think it is then but at the last minute I just slapped her driver side mirror so it would fold up. The look on her face was priceless and she gasped like "woah". I then left her *** looking dumb-founded and head down the road to the next intersection so I can turn around and head home finally. Well here she comes again hauling *** and sure enough gets behind me almost not being able to stop as we were at a red light having to wait. I see her stick her head out and yells "hey...hey....I was just playing around with you". I yelled back "who the hell plays with someones life?...This ain't no f'in playstation reset BS"!!! I do a u-turn after getting the green light and I pull into the Walgreens or whatever drug store that is across from Publics. This bitch then yells out "**** you" and speeds off like a bat out of hell. Girl couldn't of been over 17-18 years old. Some HS dumbass.

Ugh, sorry for ranting but this bitch pissed me off. I have ZERO patience for people in cars riding bikes asses or actling like a fool. This is why I don't carry a gun cause I would use it on dumbass people. You threaten my life and rest assured I'll have something to say over it. OK, I'm done and I made it home safe and sound. Just rattled as its been a while since my last cager incident.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Morons come in all shapes and ages... Glad you'r ok...

I would have taken her license plate and made a housecall... And politely told her my view on it... I have done that on a few occasions (taken backup in terms of friends)... And I say again... politely... People tend to start thinking once they realize that they aren't anonymous out on the road...

I have also given the cop's on two occasions video evidence of the dumbass endangering mine and others life... Both have gone to trial & was convicted...
I have a bullet camera where the front position light used to be with a button on the handlebar... It's mounted with permanent wires and I'm usualy to lazy to remove it... It's main usage is obviously on tracks...

Last edited by Tweety; 10-15-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your restraint. I can't imagine how pissed you must have been....I'm pissed just READING about it. If that would have happened to me I don't think I would have made the male/female distinction once she got on my *** like that.....the second time I'm afraid physical harm would have to come about. Glad you're a better man than I.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
the payback for someone like that who's in high school is to call it in and let the parents deal with it...ride home happy that you made it through another incident unscathed.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
If some idiot cuts me off and I lose it and flip them off, and they decide to make a contest out of it, I just gas it and I'm gone through the traffic or down the road faster than they can travel. It's not worth it jousting with 3000 to 4000 pound moron cagers.

We now live in a society of entitlement, where some people believe it is their RIGHT to DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. The only way these people would ever feel a tiny bit of responsibility would be if they killed you and had to pay the consequences. They feel no remorse for ALMOST killing you.

It's a sad world we now live in. Glad you are okay.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:28 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tweety
I have also given the cop's on two occasions video evidence of the dumbass endangering mine and others life... Both have gone to trial & was convicted...
I have a bullet camera where the front position light used to be with a button on the handlebar... It's mounted with permanent wires and I'm usualy to lazy to remove it... It's main usage is obviously on tracks...
That's great Tweety!

I didn't think Volvo drivers were that aggressive.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 10-15-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I try not to get too upset when another road user does something stupid. Usually he or she is being negligent rather than malicious.
If I come to a quick stop and I hear screeching tires behind me but there's no contact, I give a friendly wave to thank them for not killing me.
It's a different ball game on those rare occasions when someone deliberately endangers my life. I get away from them as quickly as I can.
I think that talking to a bad driver isn't going to result in him saying: "Thanks for taking the time to bring my error to my attention. You've helped me to become a better person."
Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
beter man than I

I know what you mean about the stupid cagers.

For not flipping out on the car driver, you are a better man than I. There are a couple of vehicles that have had my boot print on there doors, for the reason of waking up the moron drivers!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
wow, i never knew how much of an impact folding in someones side mirror could cause. haha. it took that to get her to realize that you were serious? was she blonde?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Squid
Squid

sparkyharley is on a distinguished road
Tough situation

Haknslash,

I lived in B'ham for 15 years, only moving to S. Florida in 2001. Those roads are very familiar to me. So is the description of the driver. I have met her many times.

I have been told often that it is dangerous to ride here in Florida, and it is true. The roads are congested and we have many drivers that do not pay attention. But I believe it was just as bad back in Alabama; maybe worse in some ways. Drivers there are very aggressive.

There are two drivers that scare me badly - drunks and teenagers. Especially a young lady driving and talking on a cell phone.

I also bicycled a lot in B'ham and finally resorted to driving to either Oak Mtn. park or to the Vandiver/Dunnivant area to find safe roads. Cyclists are even more of a target than motorcyclists.

I certainly understand your feelings and I have been there myself. Please take a deep breath next time it happens. Unfortunately this situation has a lot of end results and most of which are very bad for you. And this young lady will probably only improve with maturity.

I hope this does not sound like a lecture. I have let my temper get me in trouble more than once only to regret it later. I have learned the hard way that it is usually best to get as far away from these "intellectually challenged" drivers quickly and avoid confrontations.

BTW, I can give good advice but sometimes have trouble with that same advice myself.

Steve
Old 10-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
That's great Tweety!

I didn't think Volvo drivers were that aggressive.
Nah, actually they where both driving large american SUV's... The "soccer mom" phenomenon isn't limited to you guy's anymore unfortunately....

I'd actually prefer a drunk driver over a lot of the "soccer mom's"... they are less dangerous...

One of the two was a young mom picking her son up at school, I was riding past the 30km/h (20 ish miles) school zone at legal speed (moral decision, I never ever exceed the limit here!!!), a SUV blows past almost hitting me, slams on the brakes and gunns it in reverse and backs in to the side to pick up a kid (there are 4-5 other cars picking up aswell...) I have no problem to stop at this speed, but the reversing catches me off guard and on video you see the license plate very clearly as it is just inches away with me packpeddaling not to get hit... Then the SUV guns it out of the pocket, almost hits another slowmoving car, holds the horn down until the car in panic moves over on the wrong side of the road to let her out, and gunns it again... Now going past several parked cars at speed, with several people jumping out of the way, including some of the children... The whole time I'm standing still shooting video... I pushed that button as soon as she shot past me...

There where several witnesses beside me... And she will be able to re-take her licensce at 2013 at the earliest... 5 years block on the licensce... It's the highest I have heard of in Sweden... Her reaction? Yelling at me and calling me a stupid, self centered dirtbag to keep her from her career and inhibit her from driving to pick up her kid... No remorse what so ever, just anger and indignation... (Apparently her work required her to drive, so she was fired/re-assigned, or so she argued atleast) My response was to tell her that I was proud to keep her from driving anywhere close to a school...

Now don't get me wrong... I'm no moral champion and I do a lot of stupid things... on the bike or off, but in a school zone I keep to the rules and try to give way to any and all others... kids and cars/bikes don't mix... And on most occasions I just shrug my shoulders and thank my guardin aangel when morons cut me of or such... This mom however consistantly disregarded mine and others life's...

Last edited by Tweety; 10-16-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:13 AM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Usuaully I don't do anything aside from flipping someone off or shaking my head at them and do my best to avoid confrontation with cagers and 3000+ lb masses of steel. They win in a a battle lol. But yesterday and the way she did it, I just had to say something. Couldn't restrain myself this time and really wanted to Rick James her lol. I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do. Heck we have murders here all the time and for all I know this girl could of been packing and blasted me as I pulled up. We had a lady die in a apartment complex in Hoover just for walking her dog the other night. The killers were 16 and 17 year old boys! Today is a crazy world we live in and not like it used to be . Having thinking back I could of used the damn bluetooth helmet and called her in. But I wasn't thinking as clearly at the moment this all was building up. I've had a guy intentionally run me off the road and hit me before so this could of gotten worse out fo control. Just glad I made it to ride another day.

Kenny

Last edited by haknslash; 10-16-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Squid

harlangto is on a distinguished road
Atleast your OK and still able to ride.

My last cager encounter ended up to my advantage.
Deciding to keep my cool (which is the hardest thing to do after saving your own life from a morons inconsiderations) I excellerated out of the encounters with a finger blazing - why do they always insist on following you - so with them honking and screaming I pull into the next parking lot ready for battle, I hop off the SH and that's when I pull out the trusty cellphone. I make a movie and pic of the person + his license plate. As soon as I did that he got back in the cage and drove off - so I finished my trip home and decide to call the Law. They came, they saw and they were impressed with both the photos and mini movie and said they were going to follow up with a friendly visit to the individual and possibly delivery of a wreckless endangerment citation.
I hate cellphones, I hate people who try to drive and don't use hands free devices but I think I'll use this to my advantage in the future.

P.S. why is the horn button on the finger flipping side

Last edited by harlangto; 10-16-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
i pride myself of being a level headed person. the only time i become completely pissed is when someone cuts me off, pulls out without looking etc. nice job on not losing it. i can't imagine i would have had the gumption to not fly off the handle and do something irrational.

...just keep riding heads up
Old 10-16-2008, 06:56 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
I agree about distancing yourself, outpace then pull over somewhere let them pass you and then be on your way, although for us men when we feel threatened alot of us fight not flight, and the reverse for how stupid that girl is to assume you (haknslash) aren't going to do anything or to assume you aren't angry enough or stupid enough to do anything is foolish. You don't know whose carrying a gun out there or how prone they are to use it, had it been done to someone else even less calm that could have been it, or at least a sound beating, the lack of respect these days. As motorcyclist we have to avoid being angry as much as we can, anger and 100+ hp don't mix real well if you want the rubber side down, safe riding all. Oh and this story even pissed me off, I think alot of us relate.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tweety
Nah, actually they where both driving large american SUV's... The "soccer mom" phenomenon isn't limited to you guy's anymore unfortunately....
Sorry to hear you guys have to deal with large SUV's too.

About 25 years ago a guy cut me off big time on an onramp to the Garden Grove Freeway. I got so pissed off that I flipped him off and motioned him to pull over. By the way, I'm 5'10" and about 135# at the time. So we both pull over about 1/4 mile past the onramp and he gets out and walks up to me standing next to my bike. We exchanged heated words, then he returned to his minitruck. He outweighed me by at least 50#.

When I told my riding buddies, they said "Are you crazy? Did you take your helmet off?". My answer was "NO". They said "Smart move".

I've had rage against drivers since then many times, but I'll never do that again.

About 15 years later a guy got shot in the chest with a crossbow when he and the guy who witnesses said cut him off pulled over at almost the exact same spot on the Garden Grove Fwy. He died.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Squid

Reynolds68 is on a distinguished road
So far the biggest problem I've had with cagers is people pulling out in front of me. Usually I just thank God I missed them, or they missed me depending on the situation.

I agree with most about just getting away from tailgaters and so far I've not had alot of problems with that, perhaps its my average speed, or driving habits, I dunno...
I have to say one thing I heard a while back really stuck with me, to sum up what Mordeth13 said: "nobody ever got mad at a thumbs up, if you flip someone off and do get away from them they may hold that grudge and or try to catch you, then later if they see a bike that "looks" like yours" ( imo most cagers dont know a honda from a harley) "they may take it out on them thinking it is you." ie. hit em at a stoplight/sign. Just imagine, they do something obviously stupid and you give em a thumbs up, 1. they are prolly going to be totally confused and 2. prolly won't be mad cause they are still trying to figure the whole thing out.

Just my 2c worth.

Glad you're ok!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by comedo
I try not to get too upset when another road user does something stupid. Usually he or she is being negligent rather than malicious.
If I come to a quick stop and I hear screeching tires behind me but there's no contact, I give a friendly wave to thank them for not killing me.
It's a different ball game on those rare occasions when someone deliberately endangers my life. I get away from them as quickly as I can.
I think that talking to a bad driver isn't going to result in him saying: "Thanks for taking the time to bring my error to my attention. You've helped me to become a better person."
+1

In my better moments I just ignore stuff like this. You aren't gonna change their point of view. I expect people to do dumb stuff, so I'm rarely disappointed!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm... I like the thumbs up idea.