General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Adding few mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Squid

cel2620xl is on a distinguished road
Adding few mods

Hi fellow SH , as you know it tax season. i've been look around to see what mod i can add to the bike an i came cross an
STEERING STABILIZER KIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
can sum one tell me if this would be a waste of money to put on a bike. furthermore is that a complete kit , I'm trying to avoid head shake in high speed.

also please take a look at these ss lines
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 02-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Back Marker

Karbon is on a distinguished road
You may have suspension issues. Get your suspension tuned by a pro. I've done top speed runs on some of CA's **** roads and the bike is dead stable.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
That damper works good for me. There are better ones out there. But for the money, that one will do fine.

Is it a waste of money? That's up to you. It may not be a necessary addition but it sure seemed to make a difference for me (I was using it with a raised rear and lowered front). I like the way the bike feels with it. Plus, there's a peace of mind factor.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mboe794
(I was using it with a raised rear and lowered front). I like the way the bike feels with it)
I think this is the key to this statement. With stock geometry, these bikes are very stable. You won't find any threads on this forum that look anything like this: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport...nkslapper.html

So, if you want one for peace of mind or like the way way it feels, go for it, but there are probably more noticeable upgrades to spend your money on
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
Steering damper is good, but not good to depend on while covering up what may be other suspension problems. Stainless lines are always a good upgrade, never heard of FTP but if they can stoppie a busa with a shirtless squid on it then im sold!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Squid

My SH is perfectly fine and up to date on tune up . i can get up to 140mpr with no problem, but pass that it get a little head shake. IN my own view i think it cause of the wind . i just wanted to have STABILIZER KIT..
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
thats alot of money for that dampner, i paid half of that for a used shindy daytona, same unit you posted. also it may be just me but that seems like alot for those brakes lines. personally things like brake lines i wouldnt use ebay for them id prefer to buy brand names from a store, cause the junk on ebay may say galfer, but may say in small letters, just like
Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cel2620xl
My SH is perfectly fine and up to date on tune up . i can get up to 140mpr with no problem, but pass that it get a little head shake. IN my own view i think it cause of the wind . i just wanted to have STABILIZER KIT..
If you are running OE geometry and suspension but your steering head bearings are too loose or tight (worn OE bearings will feel knotchy) you'll get head shake. Worn or out of balance tires (particularly the front on a VTR) will also cause issues (especially on decel), along with a mis-aligned year wheel. Be sure such problems are not a factor before going to a stabilzer, which MAY remedy but not cure the symptoms. A fork brace and fresh fork/shock components are a better idea but if you put on a new tire/wheel and did not align the forks on install, that could be another cause.
Oh, and certain roads with any of one or more of the above issues will cause head shake. And why do you need to go 140 on the street?

Last edited by skokievtr; 02-15-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Squid

please if you know where i can get aftermarket part with out being over price let me know ....
Old 02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by skokievtr
If you are running OE geometry and suspension but your steering head bearings are too loose or tight (worn OE bearings will feel knotchy) you'll get head shake. Worn or out of balance tires (particularly the front on a VTR) will also cause issues (especially on decel), along with a mis-aligned year wheel. Be sure such problems are not a factor before going to a stabilzer, which MAY remedy but not cure the symptoms. A fork brace and fresh fork/shock components are a better idea but if you put on a new tire/wheel and did not align the forks on install, that could be another cause.
Oh, and certain roads with any of one or more of the above issues will cause head shake. And why do you need to go 140 on the street?
All this is very true and I'm in the "you really don't need one on a SH" camp.
If you do decide you want to run one, that is fine also, just make sure your are not using it as a "band-aid" fix for a real problem.

As for the 140 mph, I would assume that was indicated which would be closer to 120 mph actual but still no real need for that on the streets.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Speaking personally, I'd go for the good Galfer or other name brand lines and just get front or front/rear brake line kits. Then later invest in a clutch line set. Brake performance is much more affected by the expanding lines and is a definite upgrade. Clutch line... unless it's giving you problems, it's in my "nice to have" category...

If you're goin' for the Bling in your sig, grab some knockoff levers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brake...#ht_2181wt_939), some reflective wheel stripes to go with that blue LED lighting, or a shiny reservoir (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ht_5049wt_1165). Totally up to you but I'm just throwin' some suggestions out...