General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

98 superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:37 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
98 superhawk

I need a motor, can anybody help me out. I got a superhawk with 1439 miles on it and broke a valve after 30 miles! Damaged the piston, the works. I don't want to pay $4200 to have it repaired. help!!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
$4200?! Was it going to be capable of spaceflight when they were done? I think a blown motor in 1400 miles has to be some sort of new record-that sucks bro. Anyway...have you searched ebay? There are several on there-one starting at only $299 and it's only a few hours from me. Also use craigspal or do a nationwide search on craigslist. I've seen a couple of wrecked ones for cheap that I'm sure you could get a running motor out of for a few hundred bucks. Shipping will probably cost you almost as much, but it's still an affordable option, and maybe you might even find one within driving distance. A nearby bike wrecker is also an option, though they're usually going to hump you and charge you around a grand for one.

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-25-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
for that price, it must have totally disintigrated inside! :-o

They will have to split the case though, that's for sure.