General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

55 to 120 <4 seconds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Superstock

zxbud is on a distinguished road
55 to 120 <4 seconds?

Here's something that intrigues me. A review of the Kawi 1000 has one buyer stating the following----

Awesome Ninja --

Only 1-1/2 hours in the seat so far (70 mi.), but it has a super comfy seat, great riding position and feels like a dirt bike. Yet you can lay on the tank and get behind the windscreen "Crotch-Rocket" style. The engine is a "Torque-Monster" & super smooth. The power-band is awesome, "Power Every Where" at 55 mph. top gear, rolled the throttle 3/4 on & in less than four seconds I was going 120 mph. This thing ROCKS. Handling is great, super smooth. Just need to keep handlebar pressure on the inside bar to keep her leaned over. My last bike was a 2003 GSX-R 1000. The 2011 Ninja 1000 is way more comfortable, almost as fast and handles almost the same. I am 54 years old and love this bike. PS - when I get it broke in I'll give you a "Wheelie Report".

2011 Kawasaki NinjaŽ 1000 Motorcycles - Awesome Ninja

Does there exist a torque calculator that will calculate the amount of torque needed to accelerate a 650lb. bike and rider from 55 to 120 mph in top gear? Claims of 60 to 80 in 'x' seconds are one thing but 55 to 120 <4 seconds? Maybe with the catapult from the SS Ronald Regan. Maybe. Anyone know for sure?

Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
well for one thing, the guy just got the bike and gives it a 5 star rating for reliability. Ah oh!

or maybe it's that you merely neglected to read the disclaimer:

Disclaimer
Reviews are provided on an "as is" basis with no warranty and should be considered entertainment only. Reviews should not be used for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, making decisions about any referenced vehicles, products, modifications or other information.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Yes, such a calculator exists... It was invented a very, very long time ago, and has since been upgraded a number of times... If you like to use the orginal version, I'm partial to the cherry wood beads myself, but it's more a matter of personal taste really... If you are more interested in modern derivative, anything from LG, Ti or Casio will suffice quite nicely... Any highschool physics book will supply you with the basic formulae to start with, if you have forgotten them...
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
A friend of mine had this bike for less then a year and he loved it, Torque across the entire scale is very decent. He recently tried RC8 and had a change of heart But he still loves the Kawi'
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
While I think the chap's claims are quite optimistic, the Ninja 1000 would definitely be on my short list if I was in the market for another bike. It seems to have just about everything the sport-oriented street rider could ask for....
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Superstock

Formulae

Originally Posted by Tweety
Yes, such a calculator exists... It was invented a very, very long time ago, and has since been upgraded a number of times... If you like to use the orginal version, I'm partial to the cherry wood beads myself, but it's more a matter of personal taste really... If you are more interested in modern derivative, anything from LG, Ti or Casio will suffice quite nicely... Any highschool physics book will supply you with the basic formulae to start with, if you have forgotten them...

Good idea! Well, after a couple hours of deep meditation I recalled the formulae to calculate the answer to my question. From 55 to 120 mph in <4 seconds is the same rate of acceleration as 60 to 80 in <2 seconds and since I know that some Hawks (not mine ) are able to do this then what more is there to ask? It's a lock!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by zxbud
Good idea! Well, after a couple hours of deep meditation I recalled the formulae to calculate the answer to my question. From 55 to 120 mph in <4 seconds is the same rate of acceleration as 60 to 80 in <2 seconds and since I know that some Hawks (not mine ) are able to do this then what more is there to ask? It's a lock!
Ha-ha... Very funny... You know despite my ironic tone, I really wasn't kidding... It's not even complicated... Mass, force and acceleration applies the same to a motorcycle as it does to any example in the physics books... So does windresistance, and the other formulas... I could quite easily calculalate the numbers on a fairly realistic level if I was bothered... So can you... You don't even need a book, just google the basic physics...
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Too bad it's a Kawasucki. Besides their inability to include any kind of quality, they hit their bikes a little too hard with the ugly stick for my liking. They are fast though.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, the last offerings they have made hasn't really been the epitome of style... Even the lopsided beemer looks better, and that's saying something...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Superstock

Ha-ha... Very funny... You know despite my ironic tone, I really wasn't kidding... It's not even complicated... Mass, force and acceleration applies the same to a motorcycle as it does to any example in the physics books... So does windresistance, and the other formulas... I could quite easily calculalate the numbers on a fairly realistic level if I was bothered... So can you... You don't even need a book, just google the basic physics...

The acceleration is 7.26 meter/second^2 without regard for rolling resistance.

Now, since you've all worked so hard to get to the bottom of this issue I'll offer a little reward. These Swedish Doll Babies in the vid links should suffice nicely. Enjoy!

3Soul_zpsf0e17b8d.mp4 video by zxbud | Photobucket

Elijah and Ella video by zxbud | Photobucket

Spencer and Cousins video by zxbud | Photobucket

Last edited by zxbud; 01-03-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by zxbud
The acceleration is 7.26 meter/second^2 without regard for rolling resistance.

Now, since you've all worked so hard to get to the bottom of this issue I'll offer a little reward. These Swedish Doll Babies in the vid links should suffice nicely. Enjoy!

3Soul_zpsf0e17b8d.mp4 video by zxbud | Photobucket

Elijah and Ella video by zxbud | Photobucket
The what? What's Swedish about those? Cute though...
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Superstock

Swedish

What's Swedish about those? Cute though...

Well, since you asked---------their surname > Johansson!!!