Billzilla15 is on a distinguished road
Worlds Strangest Roads

Found This and thought most of you guys world like it

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...87.html?page=1

i would love to ride about half of these
Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
Well, at least I've ridden ONE of them. Ther Cherahola Skyway doesn't get the notariety that Deals Gap does, but it's a blast to ride!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
fixed...

Originally Posted by NCDave
Well, at least I've ridden ONE of them. The Cherohala Skyway doesn't get the notoriety that Deals Gap does, but it's a blast to ride!
+1!

see if you can tell, dave... lol
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
I drove the Hana Hwy in a rented Fiat X19 back in 1979. Back then the road past Hana, going south, was unimproved and saw only local traffic and cattle ranch use. Banged the hell out of the bottom of that rental with its 4 inch chassis height.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Brooks' Cycle Centre'
Back Marker

superchickencornermonster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NCDave
Well, at least I've ridden ONE of them. Ther Cherahola Skyway doesn't get the notariety that Deals Gap does, but it's a blast to ride!

+1 When we went down there in 2004, we rented the treetops and found out that it was a dry county. We had to commute over the Cherahola every day for supplies. What a bummer, eh?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
You know, I've never done the Cherahola Skyway. The plan is for me to take Thursday as my last ride day here in Western NC. I was going to go to Deal Gap (to get a new sticker, of course! ) then hit some of Devil's Triangle on the way back.

I wonder if it's slick on the Cherahola Skyway yet? The Parkway has been closed off an on for the last few weeks past the NC Arboretum...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
i got a ticket on the Cherohala Skyway haha $180 trooper followed us for several miles b4 we realized he was behind us
Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 AM
SuperSport

Ouch.

I got a ticket on the Parkway a few years back. I went to court to dispute it -- this was when I had a Hawk GT and the ranger had said I passed a car going 75mph. That bike would go 75mph headed down a mtn with Jesus on my side, but no way on a straightaway headed up an incline. Anyhow, my ranger didn't show up. Poof. It was gone. I think a lot of tickets go away this way.

I've been told the Cherohala Skyway was built by drunks and banks all wrong. Can you confirm, Cole?

Last edited by Crashrat; 12-08-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Squid

FlamFlamMan is on a distinguished road
I've ridden on 3 of those roads: Lombard Street, The High Five Interchange, and I think Canton Ave in PA. I could be mistaken about Canton ave as it would have been when I was around 13yrs old. Still, they are pretty neat.

I would love to hit some of those roads on a motorcycle especially the Trollstigen in Norway. I'll probably try to make it to Cherohala Skyway in a year or so.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Back Marker

gixxerjohn is on a distinguished road
the Cherohala Skyway is great, draggin knee around a 30mp corner at 110, is the ****!! lol

a few of us passed a trooper there, he came after us, we waited for him about 20 min up the rd at an overlook, he actually didnt give us a ticket, he said that the white sparks were cool, and he enjoyed the show.......

lucky for us i guess
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
SuperSport

Lol! Squids around here had a game where they'd shoot down the Parkway, hit Deal's Gap, then come back. It was all timed. I can't imagine. I'm just not that good

Tell you what, Southern cops are an odd breed. The right one will shake his head, smile, and wave you on. The wrong on will write you up for jaywalking. I was pulled over in Columbia, SC, for dragging my feet. This was the second day of a tour and I was just stretching. The guy came on real strong, but eased up when I told him my dad was a Marine and actually started talking bikes. He had a V-Max and obviously wasn't a stranger to speeding himself. Weird.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Back Marker

Asheville is the weirdest town i have ever been in lol
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
SuperSport

Yep, Asheville is a strange little town with a lot of subgroups. I think it's getting a bit harder here these last few years. There's real animosity between bicyclists to motorists these days, the folks out in the surrounding areas (Leicester, in particular) don't seem as friendly towards the hippie / punk people in town, there are MANY more gated communities around (in Black Mtn, Leicester, Brevard, etc...). I don't know, maybe it's me, but it just seems icier than it was when we got here.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Back Marker

the most gay ppl in the world too

its true and you know it lol
Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM
SuperSport

Dude, you know I'm gay, right?

Naw, not really. But I am liberal, which is probably the same thing to some folks. Tell you what, gays don't bother me half as much as these stupid f*cks in their gated communities blotting out the mountains. I've never had a queer ruin a day of riding. They've bookended my favorite road with gated communities with stupid-*** drivers in caddies streaming in and out like the own the road.

*Bletch*

'course I'm moving back to Maine in just one week anyhow. Next time I'm down here they'll probably have connected all the gated communities and only left the Interstate for us ordinary people. -- R.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
Driven the high five in Dallas and done the magic roundabout in the UK. I was raised riding roundabouts,but that one in Swindon is bloody confusing and downright dangerous. That pass in Italy looks like fun...
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Back Marker

hahahaha its all good gay or not lol

also your right, its sad when they ruin a good community
Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 AM
SuperSport

No worries.

I'm taking the day to check out some of the roads I'll be leaving. I have a route that hits the Parkway, Skyway, Deal's Gap (to get my sticker!), then the bottom of Devil's Triangle. It's suppose to be in the 60s today, but it doesn't look promising right now...

God I'm going to miss these roads