SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/where-did-you-get-idea-your-superhawk-forum-username-18695/)

trinc 05-14-2009 03:00 PM

'trinc'

back in high school (1980) our school got a dozen Heathkit computers to build and start a programming class ( & double as the typing class ). the advanced electronics class was tasked to build these ... 8086/87 computer w/ external DUAL 5 1/4" floppy bays & a basic printer.

these kits were not mobo's & plug in a few cards & a p/s... we built the power supply & cable/harnesses, soldered the components to the main board etc. etc.

when they were completed we were to put a nice etched Heathkit label & a little sticker that we could write our name on. i said screw that and went to a trophy shop and had my own engraved label " TR incorporated " ( my initials ) made.

later in college 1982... i built another, 8088, computer and had a cool label made. the place it was going to go was square so i shortened it to 'TRinc' .

now this was around the time that the early BBS were being setup and to me the term 'login name' was learned. CAPS were a no-no so i used and have used 'trinc' for the last 25 years !

tim

Wolverine 05-14-2009 03:15 PM

I eat, sleep, and breath University of Michigan Wolverine football. Last national championship was 97.

chickenstrip 05-14-2009 03:51 PM

Wow, sounds like a cool high school, though maybe it didn't seem like it to you back in the day. When I was in high school, same era, we used punch cards. :eek:

Originally Posted by trinc (Post 216680)
'trinc'

back in high school (1980) our school got a dozen Heathkit computers to build and start a programming class ( & double as the typing class ). the advanced electronics class was tasked to build these ... 8086/87 computer w/ external DUAL 5 1/4" floppy bays & a basic printer.

these kits were not mobo's & plug in a few cards & a p/s... we built the power supply & cable/harnesses, soldered the components to the main board etc. etc.

when they were completed we were to put a nice etched Heathkit label & a little sticker that we could write our name on. i said screw that and went to a trophy shop and had my own engraved label " TR incorporated " ( my initials ) made.

later in college 1982... i built another, 8088, computer and had a cool label made. the place it was going to go was square so i shortened it to 'TRinc' .

now this was around the time that the early BBS were being setup and to me the term 'login name' was learned. CAPS were a no-no so i used and have used 'trinc' for the last 25 years !

tim

tbartley 05-14-2009 04:27 PM

It's my name..........used on all forums wherever I am. No one has to guess who's writing this.

tyronne

CentralCoaster 05-14-2009 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Phaedrus (Post 216658)
Phaedrus is the name Robert Pirsig, genius and author of “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance”, gave to his alter-ego, the personality he had prior to the electro-shock treatment at a psychiatric hospital. Before writing about his epic cross-country motorcycle journey with his son Chris, Pirsig reportedly went mad in a search for quality, value and reason. In the story he is forced to struggle with Phaedrus, his earlier self who still resides inside him, and beckons him back into madness.

Good one! What is the prize?

divingindaytona 05-14-2009 06:00 PM

When I found this site I was living in Daytona, and I am a scuba diver. Hence: Diving in Daytona.

raptorrider 05-14-2009 06:14 PM

RAPTOR?

Enjoy bird watching, especially birds of prey. This group of birds are known as raptors, hence the name Raptorrider. Unfortunately, most people think raptor means dinosaur. Whatever folks think it means is OK with me, as one thing is for sure i love to climb on and ride this torque monster!https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ons/icon10.gif

98blackhawk 05-14-2009 06:31 PM

when i bought this bike and joined the forum,i fully intended to paint my 98 black.then the red color grew on me instead.....

HawkRider98 05-14-2009 06:49 PM

I ride a '98 Hawk. Pretty orginal, huh?

Zedicus 05-14-2009 07:05 PM

started using it after seeing Zeddicus Zull Zorrander in a book i was reading. back when i was still in HS. dropped a d just in case anyone else used it. pretty much no one does so if you see it on a forum theres a good chance its me. (im on a ton of forums dealing with things with engines and electronics.)

if yur a gamer i sign in as Zedicus or Saico depending on my mood.

johndb 05-14-2009 07:21 PM

Thumper

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 216606)
Long term 4-stroke dirt bike rider.

Thumper - is a slang for 4-stroke engine

Hey Thumper,

Not trying to be too much of a stickler, but a thumper must also be a single cylinder engine. The name describes the sound...

http://www.motorcyclegiftshop.com/mo...slang_s-z.html

MOONSTER 05-14-2009 07:31 PM

WHILE STATIONED ON A REMOTE MOUNTAIN TOP IN TURKEY BACK IN 83 WITH 12 OTHER LUCKY SOULS, WE ALL HAD NICKNAMES. MY LAST NAME BEING MOONEYHAM I WAS TAGGED WITH "MOONSTER" STRANGE WHAT GROAN MEN WILL DO WHEN ISOLATED. HA!:spank:

Hawkrider 05-14-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 98blackhawk (Post 216713)
when i bought this bike and joined the forum,i fully intended to paint my 98 black.then the red color grew on me instead.....

We can always change your username if you want.

Originally Posted by HawkRider98 (Post 216716)
I ride a '98 Hawk. Pretty orginal, huh?

I guess it would be original if I didn't have it first. :nana:

Zedicus 05-14-2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by johndb (Post 216720)
Hey Thumper,

Not trying to be too much of a stickler, but a thumper must also be a single cylinder engine. The name describes the sound...

http://www.motorcyclegiftshop.com/mo...slang_s-z.html

single cylinder 4-stroke engine. the term has been carried over to pretty much any 4-stroke motorcycle/atv engine. but i think he originally mentioned dirtbikes to begin with anyways.

VTRsurfer 05-14-2009 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 216606)
Long term 4-stroke dirt bike rider.

Thumper - is a slang for 4-stroke engine

Thumper, I'm sure you meant 4 stroke single.

Mine's pretty obvious, I ride a VTR and I'm a surfer...both short and long boards. We only have 2 motorcycles in the garage, but we've got 18 boards.
Plus, riding a motorcycle in the twisties feels somewhat like surfing.

Riff 05-14-2009 09:58 PM

Riff is a bit of a tribute to Joe, Joe being the recently deceased father of a good bud from the old neighbourhood. Everytime I'd show up or phone my friend, Joe would yell out "The Riff is here" or "Pickup the phone, it's the Riff". To Ol' Joe, Riff was an endearing way of saying riff-raff. Guess I spent too much time lazing around thier home and eating out of their fridge huh?!?

Vega (streetfighter) 05-14-2009 10:01 PM

Kinda silly since I dont have a proper streetfighter, just a crashed one with no plastics. But I loved the video game Streetfighter II and one of my favorite characters to use was named Vega. Hence the name Vega (streetfighter)

Byrdman 05-15-2009 12:06 AM

mine comes from my last name, it's what everyone called me in high school

Stixx 05-15-2009 12:41 AM

sticks. What my legs looked like in high school b-ball shorts.

sumthin_major 05-15-2009 04:52 AM

Major is my first name and it's also an adj and other things in english. "that's something major " is a slang term, but it's pronounced sumthin around here. Sumthin_major

motojoe 05-15-2009 05:35 AM

Comes from my early motocross days.

REDVTR1000 05-15-2009 06:12 AM

Cant remember, think it came to me in a dream or something.

j shizzy wizzy 05-15-2009 06:25 AM

My bro. had a magazine subscription (Maxim) ordered under the name M Shizzy Wizzy. I was at his house when I picked up the mag and happened to notice the name on the sticker. I laughed my ass off! He was into Snoop and Dre at the time, so some of you should get the reference. Only thing I changed was the J, for Justin.
For the record, these mags will send them to whatever the person writes on the card... so hopefully you guys will try to do the same. funny stuff.

LineArrayNut 05-15-2009 08:04 AM

I'll just leave this here...

1 Attachment(s)
should be fairly obvious

1zeppfan 05-15-2009 08:26 AM

Started when I was 7 and I heard Black Dog for the first time. It has been worse than crack ever since. I even have Led Zeppelin tatt's.

Joe Kano 05-15-2009 08:29 AM

It's just my name cuz when it said to enter User Name I thought it ment the name that I use.

Derbig Mooser 05-15-2009 11:34 AM

And I'm North America's largest native ungulate. It's a nasty job, but somebody has to do it.

Malice 05-15-2009 07:57 PM

Malice=I got when I started competing in karate tournaments at about 9 years old because I was always aggressive instead of defensive. It threw everyone off and someone said I go out there like I have malicious intents. It's stuck for the last 24 years through competing in boxing, mma, muay thai and sword fighting. The funny thing is it's pretty much the opposite of my personality :rolleyes:
________
Health Store

COLE 05-15-2009 08:18 PM

used my name so wouldn't 4get : )

loserbaby 05-17-2009 12:16 AM

Been carrying it for awhile, unfortunately, I can't seem to get away from it due to a VERY recent event... It comes from the Beck song... "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" During which time, I had become a 4 time loser at the DUI game(By the age of 21), I was briefly cured by switching to marijuana, but that didn't work out so well since I am an aircraft mechanic. I have successfully repaired, modified, inspected aircraft of EVERY type for near 20yrs now(even worked as an inspector on United's 747 and 777 aircraft until laid off) yet under no uncertain terms, I am still a LOSERBABY!