SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/where-did-you-get-idea-your-superhawk-forum-username-18695/)

Aquasnake 11-04-2015 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by VTR1000F (Post 391688)
This is the username I've been using on all internet forums since the 50's. Back then, I just picked some random letters and numbers to create a nonsensical username. When I stumbled across this forum, I had to join. It's like it was meant to be. I don't even have a motorcycle.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

My nom de plume is a combination of my astrological sign (Aquarius) and year that I was born according to the Chinese calendar (Snake).

Fastguy59 01-30-2016 07:06 AM

When I started racing, my mentor Dave Evans was AAMRR and LRRS/GP-Pro #59 so I became 592 (59 also) to honor him. When he retired from racing and I had accumulated enough points to turn expert and also apply for a two digit number I took his old #59 to "keep it in the family" when I went racing in the AMA nationals. The number was shared by many people over the years in AMA/CCS racing, all faster and better than I, guys like the late-great racers Steve Baron & Donald Jacks, and currently by the still super-fast Jake Holden.

When doing things motorcycle related online I started using Fastguy59, to keep the flag flying in memory of all those guys who displayed it proudly on their number plates, it was an honor to wear it for my short career...

kenmoore 02-03-2016 03:30 AM

When I was a kid there was a well known mental asylum in the local area called Kenmoore.

I did some crazy things growing up and as my first name is Ken the moniker stuck.

Even today some friends still refer to me as Kenmoore even though the asylum is now closed.

Could be because I'm still crazy

Big_Jim59 02-03-2016 06:32 PM

The "Big" part would be obvious if you saw me although I am not as big as some I have met. The "Jim" is really part of my name and I tacked on the number 59 for no other reason than to make it unique. I use it on other forums and so I wanted it always to be available.

Jim

Wolverine 08-10-2016 05:19 AM

59 seems to be the soup of the day :)

NHSH 08-10-2016 07:22 AM

Mine is simple, it stands for two of the four bikes I own Superhawk and Nighthawk

Meier Link 08-10-2016 09:57 AM

Meier Link is the main vampire in the anime Vampire Hunter D: bloodlust. Been using it as an online name for many years and many forums. It just stuck and many people know me by it.

Jack Flash 08-11-2016 05:55 AM

Has to do with a 60's Brit rock band who's guitarist has been dead for about 20 years...but he still doesn't know he's dead. The fact I was always 'jumpin' around as a kid, and, the fact everything that has an internal combustion engine, I just love to 'gas, gas, gas' it.

VTR1000F 08-11-2016 07:44 AM

I like the Beatles, too.

DeLoreanBoy 08-14-2016 03:52 PM

I will give you 3 guesses but you will only need one

CruxGNZ 08-14-2016 09:08 PM

You love Miata's son.