SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/where-did-you-get-idea-your-superhawk-forum-username-18695/)

yruyur 05-14-2009 11:01 AM

Where did you get the idea for your superhawk forum username

I was just curious where others got their usernames from, I have seen some interesting ones.

YRUYUR = why are you why you are

Was the plate off a friends car in California that I thought was pretty cool.

CentralCoaster 05-14-2009 11:09 AM

Went to school on the Central Coast in CA. That and I did a lot of "coasting" around the canyons in my Corvette there, it represents the laid back lifestyle out there pretty well. It became my username on other forums. Unfortunately I didn't get a bike until after moving to SD, but I have since been back there on the Hawk and my GS500, some of the best riding roads in the world I suspect, or at least in my world!

lazn 05-14-2009 11:37 AM

Umm I was using Laz (from Heinlein) as a "handle" from way back.. Then we started LAN Parties with Ron, and he was using Laz too.. So to make note of who was who, I became Lazn and have stuck with it ever since.

Little_Horse 05-14-2009 11:45 AM

pretty stupid, but first four letters of my last name first 3 of my first name and my middle initial, no reason to do it... and you are all right, I have no personality or sense of humor :evillaugh:.

captainchaos 05-14-2009 11:48 AM

Dom Deluise's superhero alterego in Cannonball Run

Thumper 05-14-2009 11:53 AM

Long term 4-stroke dirt bike rider.

Thumper - is a slang for 4-stroke engine

Dnagmour 05-14-2009 11:58 AM

Neede a username that I could use anywhere. Out popped Dnagmour. It's ALWAYS available.

SlowHAWK 05-14-2009 11:58 AM

I'm getting older and SLOWer.... figured it was a natural fit!!!!

J.

kai ju 05-14-2009 11:59 AM

Kai Ju is " Monster " in Japanese, or least so I was told.
I consider my naked VTR a Japanese version of the Ducati Monster, hence the name.

Kai Ju

Cleveland 05-14-2009 12:00 PM

I've been Cleveland since mid 90's gaming online and off.. Some places it's taken, so it's not.

nothing 05-14-2009 12:27 PM

I couldn't think of anything...

haknslash 05-14-2009 12:31 PM

I've used the same name on many forums for as long as I can remember. I have always been a tinkerer and did a lot of headlight retrofits and other custom parts over the years. So I figured I hacked and slash shit up to make it something different. Everyone always shortens it up and calls me hak. What's funny is that people local to me and have known me for years on local forums don't call me by my real name. They still call me hak lol

Tweety 05-14-2009 12:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv2Ro...om=PL&index=86

Go to about 3.53 and you know why Tweety is my hero...;)

Starbucks Fueled 05-14-2009 12:41 PM

I freaking love my coffee. Not just from the mermaid mind you, but most coffee in general. I don't drink for the caffiene, I love the taste of coffee.

oahu hawk 05-14-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by kai ju (Post 216610)
Kai Ju is " Monster " in Japanese, or least so I was told.
I consider my naked VTR a Japanese version of the Ducati Monster, hence the name.

Kai Ju

actually it's kaiju, but we get your drift...:)

oahu hawk 05-14-2009 12:53 PM

saw SD Hawk's moniker and changed it to fit me...

swordfish 05-14-2009 12:54 PM

swordfish is the name of my bike. it comes from the name of an out dated racing aircraft in a tv series that I'm a fan of. it doesn't race anymore, but it can still kick a little ass.

chickenstrip 05-14-2009 01:07 PM

Aside from being a sign of limited riding skills - you know you check out others' maximum lean angle via tire wear ;) - 'Chickenstrip' just gives me a chuckle - it's a funny image. :p

haknslash 05-14-2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Starbucks Fueled (Post 216621)
I freaking love my coffee. Not just from the mermaid mind you, but most coffee in general. I don't drink for the caffiene, I love the taste of coffee.

I LOVE my coffee too but is Starbucks one of your favs? :shock:

Nastiest coffee I know of!! :cry:

IMO it is the MickyD's of the franchise coffee world. They got one-zillion choices of "coffee" on thier menus. What ever happened to just decaf and regular in this world? Or as we say at work, leaded and unleaded lol. And WTF is the deal with frozen coffee?!?!?!. I never understood the notion behind it.

OK I'm now stepping off my soap box coffee rant :D

k-d-williams 05-14-2009 01:10 PM

my momma gave it to me.

PUSHrod 05-14-2009 01:17 PM

Wrote blue fiction for a while, kinda edgy stuff, pushed some limits and got some prigs bent out of sorts. To my endless amusement. Ben riding bikes since Moses had pimples, that means air cooled, pushrod, leaky iron second hand stuff. And besides, my wife sort of gets the inside joke about the PUSH and the rod, to the endless confusion of my mother in law.

C'm here, my sweet, let me tickle your carb for you. What do ya say?

In this fuel injected age, kids may never 'get' innuendo.

RCVTR 05-14-2009 01:17 PM

Musta been a prophecy...

Billzilla15 05-14-2009 01:24 PM

mine is my old football nickname from high school i was 15 when i got it.... i was kinda a big kid

Starbucks Fueled 05-14-2009 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by haknslash (Post 216638)
I LOVE my coffee too but is Starbucks one of your favs? :shock:

Nastiest coffee I know of!! :cry:

IMO it is the MickyD's of the franchise coffee world. They got one-zillion choices of "coffee" on thier menus. What ever happened to just decaf and regular in this world? Or as we say at work, leaded and unleaded lol. And WTF is the deal with frozen coffee?!?!?!. I never understood the notion behind it.

OK I'm now stepping off my soap box coffee rant :D

Haknslash, no, Starbucks isn't my fav brew. Best coffee I ever tasted I get from Keller's Iron Skillet, a little diner by my place in an old Steak N Shake building. Just thought Starbucks would be more recognizable than "Keller's Iron Skillet Fueled" would be. :cool:

Phaedrus 05-14-2009 01:32 PM

Phaedrus is the name Robert Pirsig, genius and author of “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance”, gave to his alter-ego, the personality he had prior to the electro-shock treatment at a psychiatric hospital. Before writing about his epic cross-country motorcycle journey with his son Chris, Pirsig reportedly went mad in a search for quality, value and reason. In the story he is forced to struggle with Phaedrus, his earlier self who still resides inside him, and beckons him back into madness.

Twin Kat 05-14-2009 01:49 PM

Got my name combining my kids, i have twin 16 year old boys,with my first bike which was a 2001 Katana.

dvwalker 05-14-2009 02:02 PM

Had some friends say I walked like I was listening to the "Emperor’s Theme" from "Star Wars" in my head. Hence "DvWalker" which really means "Darth Vader Walker."

supermarto 05-14-2009 02:17 PM

I just really like supermoto, and my name is Martin... so, "supermarto"... right?

L8RGYZ 05-14-2009 02:23 PM

Some guy I was riding with a few years ago had the license plate: L8RMAN. I thought that was cool. It works well at the end of a ride when the group splits up for home. And doubles as a nice little taunt when you pass someone.

Since that one was already taken I thought L8RGUYS would be almost as cool.

But in Virginia you only get 6 characters, so it became L8RGYZ... not to be confused with the un-cool "later gays".

Circuit_Burner 05-14-2009 02:46 PM

Ive always been into electronics, and used to race. So it made a good combination.
I began using it during the early days of online multiplayer gaming(1997) in a game called 'multiplayer battletech'. When your mech gets destroyed, you would hear this electronic frying sound. That is the direct origin.