Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Valet Joyrides

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Valet Joyrides

Just how safe is your vehicle when you valet park it?

So imagine their surprise when they returned 11 days later to find their car had 700 more miles on it than when they left - enough to drive from New York to Pittsburgh and back.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...UpperPromoArea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmeU...layer_embedded
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
About 10 or so years ago a guy checked into the Ritz Carlton in Dana Point with his wife, and left his Ferrari with the parking valet.

At about 1am the valet decided to go for a joy ride, and wrapped the Ferrari around a palm tree 50 feet outside the driveway of the hotel.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Yeah good old Dana Point, another place I was shocked to see.....
I still pictured it how it was when I was a kid, you know a break water and a pier. Imagine my shock when I saw the marina they built.......
Old 09-07-2010, 02:32 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
I had NYC detectives ask me in for questioning regarding my so called altercation with a pedestrian(fist fight). I was at work 45 miles away. They said I got out of the Minivan and beat some guy up. They said a woman was driving. My wife had taken the kids to a children's ballet and left the car in a garage. I refused to go in fearing they would lock me up until the witness had a look at me. They said if I didn't come in on my own a squad car would be dispatched. Anyway after an hour on the phone insisting that the woman driving the "silver Honda Odyssey with matching plates" couldn't be her. I finally asked for a description. The witness's description fit almost perfectly except the part about my wife being Chinese and the driver was white. They left me alone ater that.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Yeah good old Dana Point, another place I was shocked to see.....
I still pictured it how it was when I was a kid, you know a break water and a pier. Imagine my shock when I saw the marina they built.......
I surfed Dana Point a number of times from '64 through '66, then I went on active duty with the Navy. In '66 we were watching the Army Corps of Engineers drop the giant rocks for the marina breakwater off a barge, a few hundred yards away, while we surfed the Little Cove next to the pier. We didn't have a clue.