Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Toys for big boys!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:40 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Toys for big boys!

Its the holiday season and I wanted to share one of my favorite hobby's for anyone who didn't already know whats out there. Nitromethane powered RC vehicles. When I was younger I was all about this stuff, even worked at a hobby shop for a year in SoCal. This is a great way for you guys out there with kids to get them into anything that goes VROOM! Incredible way to teach your kids the basics of engines, transmissions, suspension systems, drive systems, etc... there's a whole industry out there dedicated to this stuff.

check these sites out, very reputable companies to start with!

www.traxxas.com

www.hpiracing.com

www.teamlosi.com

www.xtremerc.com
Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I was into RC's too for a little while. I never got into the gas-powered ones - only electric versions. Recently a friend of mine has been building off-road radio-controlled vehicles - such as mini-Range Rovers.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Me and my son have been messin with rc cars and trucks for a few years now. Currently we have an Ofna mbx pro and a moddified t-max. We race on sundays during the summer break. This year he wants to try planes or heli's.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I had access to insane deals on airplanes and helis. I still couldn't justify the cost of that part of the hobby. I mean, you crash a plane or heli. and most likely it is DONE! ground vehicles on the other hand are just as much fun, and much less mean to your wallet. but hey! more power to you! they are incredible machines now a days!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Superstock

I built a plane when I was in high school and still have it hangin from the rafters of the garage. I jus need to replace servos and the batteries for the receiver and transmitter. although I've been thinkin about the new micro light aircraft to start out with for him. they are made from foam rubber and use the same controlls. heck. we might not have time for anything with him getting a new dirtbike from santa.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:31 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Start him out with the cheap **** till he gets better. I learned this lesson in life with my superhawk. Crashed the friggin thing in the first 200 miles on it! the responsible and smart thing for me to have done was buy a POS bike first. then graduate to the hawk! God I was mad at myself for a year after that. The superhawk was my first streetbike. I def. bit off more than i could chew, but I'm more than comfortable on the bike nowadays.

Last edited by j shizzy wizzy; 12-13-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Superstock

I hear ya. I went from a husquavarna 125 to a built KTM 125 to the Superhawk and never looked back. I love the power and only want more. although I have rode some before and had a katana 600 when I was in high school. I consider myself a pretty good rider. My son is a desent fourwheeler rider already. He rides my 420 and my dads 800 can am renegade already. I decided to start him off on a crf 70 since he wants a bike from santa. I already got all the gear too, before something is said about that. He has no clue that he's getting one. I will post pics of his first wheelie on the bike, probly real soon after x-mas.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

just wanted to add this link.

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-0105-2

this is a 1/8th scale RC streetbike, sweet!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Oh hell yeah!!

http://bonzisports.com/
Old 04-03-2009, 07:48 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
My dad helped me buy a RC10T when I was 12. My buddy recently bought a new one, so I pulled mine out of the attic and dusted it off, bought a few fresh parts, and we built a track in his backyard to thrash these things until we run out of beer or batteries.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Squid
Squid

Dnagmour is on a distinguished road
Addicting as hell

Be careful with that stuff - it's VERY addicting! I got a $50 heli for xmas 2 years ago. Now I have 5 airplanes, 4 heli's, 3 trucks and all of the other crap that goes with it. My T-Maxx is a blast but the planes are where it's at if you can get through the initial learning curve!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Squid

crackrbaby is on a distinguished road
I got to admit.. My son's only 14 Months and he allways wants to rev up daddys motorcycle for him, persistanly wants to ride on the wheeler with dad, and loves my Mini Monster truck!

Never to early to start learnin bout Real Toys!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Toys for  big boys!-mini-monster.jpg   Toys for  big boys!-sep02_0001.jpg   Toys for  big boys!-quad.jpg  

Last edited by crackrbaby; 04-03-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:03 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

that plane is insane! great pics! and yes its very addicting! I can't wait to try out some of the new factory brushless kits they have out now a days. Although I will always be a nitro. guy!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Nice savage. Have you seen their new stuff lately? I want one of those gasoline powered baja trucks they got! the technology with this hobby is going crazy.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Squid
Squid

Dnagmour is on a distinguished road
Nitro

Nitro is the way to go. It's my favorite but I picked up an Edge 540 profile with one of the new hi-po brushless motors and it'll hang on the prop at 1/4 throttle! Plus you can fly it just about anywhere.