So I made the news

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Squid

panch13 is on a distinguished road
So I made the news

I was the homeowner in this article.

LINK

Me, my wife and my brother in law have all been subpeonaed to testify before the grand jury on Monday.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
Dang. Glad your ok. Sounds like a horrible situation. Too bad he didn't get his head blown off.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Holy crap! You okay? Glad the cops got there. Just tell the absolute truth and feel good that you will be putting those ******** away for a while.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Squid

ChikinLady1011 is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that happened, but glad you're ok. A+ on the drill! Too bad it wasn't turned on...
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
Wait.. So your tellin me that you live in Orgean and don't have a CCW? Us guys in Ca would love to have the freedoms you have up there when it comes to firearms... Non the less I am glad to hear you are ok and congrats on the quick thinking! Hope all goes well with the trial. Looks cut and dry so shouldn't take longer than a few years (been there before). Try to make the best of it!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Squid

I've done some research on the guys. They don't have any priors to speak of and I think they just had a total ******* idiot moment. They are actually part of a dance group where they do Krumping. Somebody sent me a link of them dancing

The other thing is my friend is a pretty well known musician here in town. He has a new album coming out and is having a music video made for it. Guess who the lead dancer in the video is? Now guess who is no longer in the music video? If you guessed Marcus then you win the grand prize!

Here is a link to the local papers coverage of it.

LINK

I have plenty of family who has went to prison or jail. It never helps or rehabilitates them. I hope these kids realize what they did and never do it again. I definitely don't think they should go free but I think they shouldn't be sent to prison for a really long time.

Originally Posted by Letsrideinsc
Dang. Glad your ok. Sounds like a horrible situation. Too bad he didn't get his head blown off.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KCCO
Wait.. So your tellin me that you live in Orgean and don't have a CCW? Us guys in Ca would love to have the freedoms you have up there when it comes to firearms... Non the less I am glad to hear you are ok and congrats on the quick thinking! Hope all goes well with the trial. Looks cut and dry so shouldn't take longer than a few years (been there before). Try to make the best of it!

Just because you have a CCW (i do have mine by the way. Easy in GA compared to where I used to live in NY) doesn't mean that you are carrying while walking around the house before bed. When I get home mine will be in the nightstand unloaded and locked (don't want people getting to it that shouldn't) I actually don't own a firearm currently but this was my habitual ritual. I feel fairly confident and safe where I live.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
I cary most all the time while riding. And most of the time it is visable that seems to back people off my tail lol.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
First and foremost, glad you and everyone in your house are ok. Imagine if one of those thugs were carrying a gun or knife... this situation could have been much more tragic.

Originally Posted by insulinboy
Just because you have a CCW doesn't mean that you are carrying while walking around the house before bed.
Very true Adam, and makes you think what one would do in a similar position. Exactly the reason we have a round chambered in one of our pistols for home protection. Had my wife noticed such an event... it's just a reach away and ready.

I honestly doubt this will teach them "a lesson". While long jail time may not be the answer, don't get soft about their discipline. Priors or not, do the crime.....
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
panch13 = sorry to hear about this. I hope you are ok.

a word to the wise....so nothing else, anywhere else in public. Testify when called upon. When the verdict is handed down and the accused are sentenced, then you can speak.
Even as an innocent victim, you'd be amazed at how something you say now can be skewed and twisted and cause an affect on the trial.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Squid

I think the same could be said about them. I could have been carrying a gun or a knife. I usually am carrying a really big benchmade switchblade but I wasn't at that time for some reason. I think they should be prosecuted but I've been told if they had priors they could be looking at 7 years in prison. From my altercation with them I didn't get the feel they were typical street thugs (trust me I've dealt with lots of those in my time). I think they didn't quite grasp the severity of what they were doing.
Originally Posted by Wolverine
First and foremost, glad you and everyone in your house are ok. Imagine if one of those thugs were carrying a gun or knife... this situation could have been much more tragic.

Very true Adam, and makes you think what one would do in a similar position. Exactly the reason we have a round chambered in one of our pistols for home protection. Had my wife noticed such an event... it's just a reach away and ready.

I honestly doubt this will teach them "a lesson". While long jail time may not be the answer, don't get soft about their discipline. Priors or not, do the crime.....
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Squid

Yeah we're fine. Nobody got hurt except for the one suspect. My friend is a lwayer and I'm going to talk to him about all of this during the weekend. I want to make sure I don't somehow turn this on myself.

Originally Posted by Spoot
panch13 = sorry to hear about this. I hope you are ok.

a word to the wise....so nothing else, anywhere else in public. Testify when called upon. When the verdict is handed down and the accused are sentenced, then you can speak.
Even as an innocent victim, you'd be amazed at how something you say now can be skewed and twisted and cause an affect on the trial.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
If you need this entire thread deleted, LMK.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Squid

Blackbetty is on a distinguished road
F**king punk brats! I would have torched their 'dope ride' Wooorrrrd!
(yes there were some serious gangster hand gestures to go with all that, Lol).

Kids these days! Seriously!
Glad your ok mate.

Next time save the cops the paperwork and the state and society in general the expense of trying to rehabilitate these punks.. when they assault you in your own home, cap them. Two to the chest one to the head. End of story, end of problem.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:03 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
wow and my dad & wife wonder why I keep my FNS 40 around all the time. but I hope I never have to use it. if I do I will be glad I have it.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 AM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
2 words, "anger management". No one seems to get impulse control any more. Good to hear you and yours are OK. A argument is one thing but to get violent and move it into your home is unacceptable! That lump is lucky you didn't hit him with something else.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Aw man, that does really stink. Stupid people everywhere. Violates your rights and is upset when you do what is right? Nice.

Glad you are ok. How did they find out who got the car towed? The good news is they will be inmates soon anyway.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Squid

tillyhawkrider is on a distinguished road
It is very fortunate that you and your wife are OK. The wantobe "badass" is all to common among young folks today and seem to be viewed as "being cool". As has already been pointed out these young men did not realise the severity of the consequences for thier display of very poor judgement. If they live enough they may begin to get a grip on reality.

We as riders know all to well the results of bad judgement or poor decisions. Whether it be simply the need to change our underwear or broken bikes and broken bones.

"If you are going to be STUPID, you have to be TOUGH"
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Those punks are lucky they're not dead.