Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

KTM RC8R

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
KTM RC8R

anyone ever ridden one of these bad boys?

i keep seeing them for sale... not really, i have seen two, but they look so sweet and the ktm twins are great motors from what i have heard.... 177hp and 88ft/lbs?!!?

anyone who has ridden one please chime in

Google Image Result for http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/2009-KTM-RC8R-4.jpg
Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately I can't say I have ridden one. I did finally see (and hear) one though at an intersection right in front of where I was parking a few weeks ago. Of course I ran out to the curb like a little kid to see him take off. What a bike!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Haven't tried the R-version but I did spend two weeks riding the first year RC8 and quite enjoyed it. Tight package, broad powerband, well suspended. The thing I liked the most was the adjustable ergonomics, whihc made it possible to set it for real-world use without compromising all-out sportiness (a few minutes allows you to switch back and forth). Not sure how realiable they are or how they work on a track, for a do-it-all sportbike, I really enjoyed the RC8 I rode.......
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
awesome... i would be the same way captain... it sounds amazing in sound videos on youtube i cant imagine in person.

i honestly want to go test drive one and put my left kidney down as a downpayment and see if they take it

in all seriousness though, it looks like a great package and super sexy lines... all the little things ktm does to improve the overall bike is really great

a co-worker has the ktm 950 super-enduro and i rode it around and damn that thing pulls hard! i can only imagine the 1190...
Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Hopey is on a distinguished road
Can't speak for the RC8r but I had a Superduke R for a season and a half and can say I'm glad I kept the VTR!What a pile of **** it was!!!!I'm told it was a lemon ,but I'll never own another KTM unless it has warranty.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I have flogged a brand spanking new one, right of the dealer floor, for 8 hours (24H endurance, 4*2 hours) and I can say it's definitely on my list of want to own bikes... My only niggle, is the gauge cluster, while sort of better than the first generation KTM's still require you to go look in the manual to get all out of it... Even as an electrical engineer, with the approach of a three year old, ie hit every button over and again, it still holds a few hidden options you need the manual to find...

Last edited by Tweety; 09-15-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
I had one for more then two weeks, a friend that own one had needed help repairing couple cosmetic items after a fall at zero speed.
I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the bikes look, I think there are better looking bikes then the RC8, though it is a very special machine and I would get it not for the looks but for what it doe's so well, it is on my wish list as well.
Rode the bike allot and can say that it is an awesome bike no doubt, does everything really well for a low tech bike, motor got tons of torque, enough to get you out from any situation at almost any RPM.
RC8 is also surprisingly very comfortable for a sport bike at that level, so you can use it in the city with relative ease and not get tired, and you it can do everything with the low tech as well as the Ducati Panigale can do with all the high tech, just perfect combination.
Another thing to point out is the ease of working on this bike, great piece of engineering.