Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Smartphones and plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Smartphones and plans

It's time for me to upgrade my phone. I have been using a samsung "quick messaging" phone for the last 2 years. I do a lot of texting but never had data/web service on my phone. It's served me well but its dying a slow death now. I've been slow to get on the smart phone bandwagon and I missed my chance at to get the At&T unlimited data plan for $20 a month. Now those communists want $25 month for 2G of data usage. I want to know what services and phones people have and how satisfied/dissatisfied they have been. I am considering maybe switching to the Sprint Everything plan. It would be $130 a month for me and my wife to share 1500 minutes with unlimited texting and unlimited data and as always free nights and weekends. I'm just not sure about how good their coverage is.

As for phones I am looking at blackberries (the new Torch in particular) and droids

Last edited by Mattaua; 11-15-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
for at&t you will never use 2g of data unless either you tether or stream lots of video...

as an example - I got the iphone 4 the day it came out. I stream lots of video/apps, etc.

for the life of the phone -

sent 173 mb
recieved - 2.4 gb so that comes out to .5 gb/month give or take

I have the unlimited plan, but dont use nearly what I potentially could.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
phones

Got lots of phones here. Blackberry for work and making actual phones calls on, and using the direct connect feature. Personal phones are Iphone 4 for the wife (she has already had it replaced by Apple because the first one was crap) Me iphone 3gs (never had a problem with it) and I gave the mother a samsung smartphone coz it saves me money in the long run. I use At&t for the personal phones, no issues with at&t billing, never go over the data plans, have rollover minutes which we never use. Costs around $165 a month.
My wife use's her Iphone for everything, she is always on it and has never gone over on it. I'm the same, use the iphone for everything except as a phone!

My wife really likes the iphone4. My son race's a lot of BMX. She will video the race, send it to me, I can study it and tell my son where he needs to improve before he has time to go out and race again. All of this in the space of a few minutes. For personal use the iphone's rock.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:42 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess it depends on coverage from any particular provider where U habitat.

Meaning AT&T coverage might suck where U live & work, but Sprint or Verizon might be OK.

FWIW - I have Verizon & never have a coverage problem in the NE

I'll do Droid upgrade next year