Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

RC51 Trackday Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
RC51 Trackday Video

For all you RC51 fans, here's 12 minutes of tracktime at VIR North with NESBA A Group on the Beast. The video was taken by a swingarm mounted camera on a 636 who I absolutely could not pass no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't have stayed this close to someone recording me if I tried. He found me in the pits later and said he got some great footage. He wasn't lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfybjaokWas
Old 08-31-2010, 05:01 AM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Nice form, Those are awesome views of VIR, and RC-51.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:39 AM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
nice!!! thanks for the post, but my boss looked over cause i had the speakers cranked up lolll
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Hotbrakes

Take a look at this video. I think it could help you with a bit of your form, it seems you are too stiff up top. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWBK...eature=related
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Hotbrakes

Take a look at this video. I think it could help you with a bit of your form, it seems you are too stiff up top. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWBK...eature=related
You're right, I was definitely stiff and bouncing around in the corners. I was trying to pass that guy the whole time but his corner exits were strong while his entry speed was weaker than mine (which is why I was bouncing off him throwing off my line). After looking at his front cam I realized that although he was smooth, he was drifting from the inside to the outside to setup for most of the turns where I could've pass him entering on the brakes. That was really frustrating me and there was no way I could outpower him and his "defensive" line (in/out/in) wasn't helping. But he was predictable and faster in some places than me. In one of the later sessions during the Battle of the Twins (3 RC's going at each other hard) I got by him no problem.

Towards the end I got hung by a blue GSXR who was all over the place, swerving into turns. I would set up to pass on the outside to outbrake him and he would swerve out to the edge of the track and throw his bike into the turn. It was kinda funny to watch but dangerous when he cut me off at the end of the straight.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
I think if you practice some of techniques you'll find you can carry more speed through those corners and most likely get that guy. The instructor Ty Howard is one of the superfast guys around here and consistently wins on race day. He has a nice selection of helpful instructional vids that I look at from time to time to try and answer some of my questions about some of my bad habits. Hope you can get some use out of them.