Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Question about U.S. politics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Hopey is on a distinguished road
Question about U.S. politics

I don't get the fact that the Republican Leadership race is so personally nasty!Is there a reason for it?Don't You Guys need leaders ,not mud slinging millionaires?!I thought Canadian politics were bad!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Squid

rocker4488 is on a distinguished road
both the republicans and the democrats are constantly on eachother's backs. They are both equally as bad. Such is politics.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
Thats politics....... Worst part is... Democrats and Republicans will work for each other before they work for the people. There needs to be a third party but they wont let that happen. Our government sold out to money years ago.
Then add propaganda to it and the masses that like the Dems or Reps are brainwashed into clones that end up fighting against each other while the people with power laugh all the way to the bank......
All that being said, our founding fathers did a pretty decent job creating it, but being human, made some mistakes too.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jeephawk
Thats politics....... Worst part is... Democrats and Republicans will work for each other before they work for the people. There needs to be a third party but they wont let that happen. Our government sold out to money years ago.
Then add propaganda to it and the masses that like the Dems or Reps are brainwashed into clones that end up fighting against each other while the people with power laugh all the way to the bank......
All that being said, our founding fathers did a pretty decent job creating it, but being human, made some mistakes too.
Any third party that showed any signs of being a viable alternative would be quickly subverted just as the two main parties have been.
The people with power run both parties, which are nothing more than a two headed-one bodied monster designed to con We The Sheeple long enough for them to steal everything via debt and currency debasement.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
Any third party that showed any signs of being a viable alternative would be quickly subverted just as the two main parties have been.
The people with power run both parties, which are nothing more than a two headed-one bodied monster designed to con We The Sheeple long enough for them to steal everything via debt and currency debasement.
Right on!!! You hit the nail on the head! Not real Democracy, more like bulling policy to be exact! It is human nature, when people get use to get what they want, they just want more... Unfortunately non of us have a real say on where the captain navigates our ship, we can only hope they at list care a little more about the rest of us people. But with all of that said on the brighter side, we are still lucky citizens relatively to many other countries like in the middle east, Africa, east Asia... it's the reason for the constant immigration, don't forget that either! Most of the world is in a worse shape then the western block as far as citizens.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:36 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
My compliments to all so far. A political discussion that hasn't turned rancid by the third posting. lol
Old 03-18-2012, 02:32 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
"We're lucky that we don't get all the government that we pay for."

~Will Rogers
Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Effectively, what we have is royalty. The 1% are kings, the rest of us are either minions or peons. Better off being a minion or a peon here than a lot of other places, but nonetheless it aint anything like a real democracy.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thetophatflash
My compliments to all so far. A political discussion that hasn't turned rancid by the third posting. lol
Give it time....give it time! LOL!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
This years election is an easy one for me, I'll be throwing my vote away with pride!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Inde,
Ron Paul?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
This thread has gone to hell in a hand basket! Oh, wait.. It really hasn't... Probably because I haven't thrown my .02 worth in yet... Ok, nevermind, I'm stayin out of it this once... Carry on...
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
All I can say is, OMG.
I know right....
Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hopey
I don't get the fact that the Republican Leadership race is so personally nasty!Is there a reason for it?Don't You Guys need leaders ,not mud slinging millionaires?!I thought Canadian politics were bad!
To answer your question. All the mud slinging and neg ads by the Reps are a total waste of time, since its almost a foregone conclusion that Obama is going to be re-elected. The Republicans are so messed up as a party that they pretty much threw in the towel until Obama' 8 years are over.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I think it would be interesting if there was a "none of the above" option on all ballots just to see how many people didn't want either party.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I think we could vote Mr. Rogers in, although I would take Marion from "Mongrels".
Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I think it would be interesting if there was a "none of the above" option on all ballots just to see how many people didn't want either party.
I bet it would be a majority!