Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Lap the Nurburgring in 7:50

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Lap the Nurburgring in 7:50

Another 720P -Full Screen- Crank it up video.......and I bet you'll be leaning into the corners......

‪Nordschleife Gyrocam-Onboard-Runde Kawasaki Ninja 2011‬‏ - YouTube
Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
The Ring

This was on another forum I visit. Great video. The "Ring" should be on everyones bucket list. I have done many laps around the Ring, the place is just awesome. Imagine doing a trackday with cars on track with you at the same time! Saying that this place is very dangerous. You can't make one lap with out seeing a accident or incident? When I lived in England, I had a few friends that had annual passes for the track. While they were sleeping of the last nights drinking session in the sliders hotel. I would be up early riding laps tell they turned up. It can be quite expensive riding laps there. Also it takes a long time to learn the track. You need to get alot of laps in.
If you are ever in Germany, I highly recommend renting a car or a bike and doing a few laps. This place is a gearheads dream.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Speedkelly... Honestly I wouldn't recommend a tourist to try that track on a bike... I love the track, but do a dozen or so laps on 4 wheels before you even consider tackling it on 2... Not so much based on your own skill level, but based on the simple fact that you are exposed to all the other yahoo's out there... I have done a dozen or two laps on a bike, but generally I prefer to do that track in a car... A Viper GTS is the perfect choice for a lap, flat out, including 4 wheel drifts in some of the offcamber corners... I did have a Jahreskarte for a couple of years, so I did get a few laps in...
Old 08-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Superstock

Hey tweety, Never driven a car around the ring, been a car passenger. Can honestly say I have never been more scared in my whole life. I love that track on a bike. Yes I have had the odd moment in a slower corner with a fast car or two? The screech of brakes from behind you can be a little scary! Still there is no other place in the world like it. Rode a GSXR600,GSXR1000 and Aprilia Mille at that track, all where awesome.
To be honest I just like the whole atmosphere of being there, the car park, with all the cars and bikes getting ready to go out. Doing a few laps and coming in and bench racing with your buddies. Good days.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:59 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Armco barriers=big *****.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:26 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I read about 10 years ago in "Car and Driver" that all it takes is $20 and signing a disclaimer to do a lap on the "Ring". The article also said that civilians die every year while driving the Nurburgring.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Superstock

Here is a good English based "Ring" website Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring Nordschleife website
Just do a google search for all the Errr! O **** I got it wrong video clips of the Ring.

To ride the ring last time I was there you basically used a vending machine to purchase your ticket 1 lap, 6 laps or 12 laps etc etc, or have access to a annual pass. Credit card you just swipe and go ride. No signing of papers no words of wisdom. They do sometimes sound check your exhaust pipe, other than that. Just ride as fast or slow as you want. Saying that the rules of the german road apply. Strictly speaking this is just another public roadway!!!!

I have see vans, mopeds every type of vehicle. Once you learn the track just try and follow the ring Taxi to get your lines right or take a school.

I love watching this video.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Can someone tell me wtf Nurburgring Nordschleife actually means??
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

D VTR RIDER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Armco barriers=big *****.
BIG BIG *****.
With so many corners to remember, it makes normal tracks seem well... ordinary.
The video is fantastic. How do they get the camera to rotate around the center axis of the bike and keep the road surface level in the image with no swaying back and forth? I will assume that it is mounted to some kind of gyro!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by NooB
Can someone tell me wtf Nurburgring Nordschleife actually means??
Castle Ring- North Loop..... or something close to that....
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedkelly@aol.com
Hey tweety, Never driven a car around the ring, been a car passenger. Can honestly say I have never been more scared in my whole life. I love that track on a bike. Yes I have had the odd moment in a slower corner with a fast car or two? The screech of brakes from behind you can be a little scary! Still there is no other place in the world like it. Rode a GSXR600,GSXR1000 and Aprilia Mille at that track, all where awesome.
To be honest I just like the whole atmosphere of being there, the car park, with all the cars and bikes getting ready to go out. Doing a few laps and coming in and bench racing with your buddies. Good days.
If you want let me know and I'll arrange a pax lap or two... Usually I can safely push it down to around 9 on tourist sessions... On a clear track, mid 8's is possible... And it's not even scary until you get below 8... Then you are pushing it...

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Castle Ring- North Loop..... or something close to that....
Nürburg is the name of the nearby town, so it's not supposed to be translated... Ring is correct to translate as "track", but I wouldn't translate that either, since Nürburg Ring is more the name of the place than anything you translate... Nordschleife is correct as North Loop or similar though...
Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tweety
Nürburg is the name of the nearby town, so it's not supposed to be translated... Ring is correct to translate as "track", but I wouldn't translate that either, since Nürburg Ring is more the name of the place than anything you translate... Nordschleife is correct as North Loop or similar though...

You are completely correct..... That is the downfall of using my early '80 Military "Navigational German"......

You just translate it all and use the bits you need.....
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
Dont know if this has been posted in the past but here a Storm/SH on the 'ring ‪Nurburgring jonathans Honda VTR lap‬‏ - YouTube
Old 08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Furrybiker
Dont know if this has been posted in the past but here a Storm/SH on the 'ring ‪Nurburgring jonathans Honda VTR lap‬‏ - YouTube
Sad video! Guy is no longer with us, highlights how dangerous the ring is, he crashed on spilled oil on the track I think?

Damn, thank god for Go-pro, those old video's have pretty poor quality.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Superstock

‪The Nurburgring - Crazy bike overtake‬‏ - YouTube

I like these kinds of video's. Ring is a great place for real fast power wheelies. Sorry to say a I'm a bit of wheelie merchant?