Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

installed the full leo system on my rc51 today

Old 02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Superstock

thefauxnarchist is on a distinguished road
installed the full leo system on my rc51 today

i'm pretty sure i lost a little bottom and middle in the powerband, but nothing super noticeable. i do feel like the rc is quite a bit smoother now (or it might just be the fact that i adjusted the chain too haha). the full leo system sounds great! seems like the noise coming from under you is alot more audible now, where with the jardine slipons, it just sounded like sound coming out the back. next up, get the exhaust lined up to a T...its currently touching the very back tip of my fairings, not cool. guess i have to give it some time to squirm around and settle in. new fairings then pc3 up next...

oh yeah, for some reason i blew my cluster fuse AGAIN. gonna hit autozone right now for some more 10 amp fuses to try to figure this out. i discovered that the previous owner messed up the clutch side radiator mount as well. damn so much stuff to replace.

pics coming soon! i have some up on my blog also so check that out http://heymynameisfred.blogspot.com/
Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Super Byrd
Superstock

Byrdman is on a distinguished road
you should put up a video
Old 02-08-2009, 06:48 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
When fitting exhaust tubes/mufflers it's best to get everything in place loosely assembled before you start tightening anything. I have used wood blocks to space the cans and the tubes exactly where I want them before beginning the final tightening of the fasteners. Especially with the RC51 and Superhawk it's best not to try fitting exhausts while the bike is on the sidestand.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Superstock

nuhawk: yeah i tried leaving everything, including the header flanges undone before tightening it all up...i didnt realize that still needed to move the x-pipe up 2 to 5mm towards the shock essentially...thought i had everything shoved up in there good :-\

anyways, just finished fixing the fuse issue, guess it just blew out of nowhere and my clutch switch didn't trip the fuse again so good to go. i am however a little peeved because a little bit of my fairing has burned :-\ its only a tiny bit at the very end of the fairing, and i knew it would happen when the sun was setting earlier (didn't have time to take all the fairings off again and fix it). i was running out of day light (obviously) so i had to button it up and get on my way home. nothing i could do in the dark/twilight anyways. perhaps i can fix this tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Superstock

oh yeah, i was on a rear stand. i will also try for a video...should pick up a "proper" mic too (always wanted a condenser). we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
It's not like I've never disassembled one more than once - third time seems to be the charm. Now I rely on my blocks to get everything where I want it then I tighted each piece a little at a time. Shaking the whole assembly slightly after small incremental tightening seems to help loosen binding points so that it all tightens evenly. It's a lot of crawling around but worth getting it straight and matching side to side.