Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

I love Ace Hardware

Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
  #1  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP
Thread Starter
 
captainchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 4,178
captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I love Ace Hardware

I may have mentioned it before, and I'm sure I'm not telling many of you something you don't already know. I love Ace Hardware. I have NEVER gone to that store without getting what I needed. Today was the closest I've come-actually had to drive to the next store 5 minutes up the road as they had a bigger selection of what I was looking for. They somehow manage to pack a store a tenth of the size of Home Depot and Lowes with twice the selection. It's like stepping back in time too. They're like a mom and pop store with ACTUAL customer service. Polite and knowledgeable. Even the high school kids that work there know what they're talking about. If you don't already know, next time you're fixing something and can't find what you need elsewhere give Ace a try.

And yes I understand Home Depot and Lowes are more geared towards contractors and stock a large VOLUME of stuff. But people often seem to default to going there any time they need anything hardware related. And I'm not bad mouthing either store but I've lost track of how many times I've walked out without getting what I needed.

Last edited by captainchaos; 02-20-2015 at 03:38 PM.
captainchaos is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 03:43 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,545
mikstr is on a distinguished road
Rumour has it that Alpinestars is gonna make a takeover move on Ace......


Just kidding of course
mikstr is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 03:49 PM
  #3  
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike
 
CruxGNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brookfield, WI
Posts: 2,312
CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I have a Ace Hardware 5 minutes from me and it's also my "go to" store. An awesome selection of stainless metric hardware too. Love that place. They are having a sale this weekend, where you can get 20% off of anything you can fit in one of thier paper bags.
CruxGNZ is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
  #4  
evil man of nothing
MotoGP
Thread Starter
 
captainchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 4,178
captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
Rumour has it that Alpinestars is gonna make a takeover move on Ace......


Just kidding of course
LOL nice one
captainchaos is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:33 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,545
mikstr is on a distinguished road
thought you'd like it
mikstr is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
skokievtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,928
skokievtr is on a distinguished road
And for the really hard to find stuff call Hans and Mimi, they are honest and cheap and ship anywhere; although they are decidedly not internet interested.

Ametric Supply Co
2461 North Clybourn Avenue Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 871-4450
skokievtr is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
xeris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Posts: 1,453
xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
I may have mentioned it before, and I'm sure I'm not telling many of you something you don't already know. I love Ace Hardware. I have NEVER gone to that store without getting what I needed. Today was the closest I've come-actually had to drive to the next store 5 minutes up the road as they had a bigger selection of what I was looking for. They somehow manage to pack a store a tenth of the size of Home Depot and Lowes with twice the selection. It's like stepping back in time too. They're like a mom and pop store with ACTUAL customer service. Polite and knowledgeable. Even the high school kids that work there know what they're talking about. If you don't already know, next time you're fixing something and can't find what you need elsewhere give Ace a try.

And yes I understand Home Depot and Lowes are more geared towards contractors and stock a large VOLUME of stuff. But people often seem to default to going there any time they need anything hardware related. And I'm not bad mouthing either store but I've lost track of how many times I've walked out without getting what I needed.
The exact reasons why Ace and the other co-op hardware stores have been able to survive in the shadow of the big box retailers.

Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
Rumour has it that Alpinestars is gonna make a takeover move on Ace......
I have some cuts on my fingers and was wondering if you could squeeze some lemon juice on them.
xeris is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 08:26 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
mikstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,545
mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xeris View Post
I have some cuts on my fingers and was wondering if you could squeeze some lemon juice on them.
careful what you wish for
mikstr is offline  
Old 02-22-2015, 08:08 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
SuperSport
 
nnjhawk02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 672
nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff Capt. I used to go to a local place in NNJ, where I used to live.
nnjhawk02 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Appletonhawk
Classifieds
0
04-27-2014 05:56 PM
autoteach
General Discussion
4
10-09-2007 03:52 PM
Hollow Man
Classifieds
4
06-05-2007 08:26 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I love Ace Hardware


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.