Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

I love Ace Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I love Ace Hardware

I may have mentioned it before, and I'm sure I'm not telling many of you something you don't already know. I love Ace Hardware. I have NEVER gone to that store without getting what I needed. Today was the closest I've come-actually had to drive to the next store 5 minutes up the road as they had a bigger selection of what I was looking for. They somehow manage to pack a store a tenth of the size of Home Depot and Lowes with twice the selection. It's like stepping back in time too. They're like a mom and pop store with ACTUAL customer service. Polite and knowledgeable. Even the high school kids that work there know what they're talking about. If you don't already know, next time you're fixing something and can't find what you need elsewhere give Ace a try.

And yes I understand Home Depot and Lowes are more geared towards contractors and stock a large VOLUME of stuff. But people often seem to default to going there any time they need anything hardware related. And I'm not bad mouthing either store but I've lost track of how many times I've walked out without getting what I needed.

Last edited by captainchaos; 02-20-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:43 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Rumour has it that Alpinestars is gonna make a takeover move on Ace......

Just kidding of course
Old 02-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I have a Ace Hardware 5 minutes from me and it's also my "go to" store. An awesome selection of stainless metric hardware too. Love that place. They are having a sale this weekend, where you can get 20% off of anything you can fit in one of thier paper bags.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr

Just kidding of course
LOL nice one
Old 02-20-2015, 04:33 PM
MotoGP

thought you'd like it
Old 02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
And for the really hard to find stuff call Hans and Mimi, they are honest and cheap and ship anywhere; although they are decidedly not internet interested.

Ametric Supply Co
2461 North Clybourn Avenue Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 871-4450
Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
I may have mentioned it before, and I'm sure I'm not telling many of you something you don't already know. I love Ace Hardware. I have NEVER gone to that store without getting what I needed. Today was the closest I've come-actually had to drive to the next store 5 minutes up the road as they had a bigger selection of what I was looking for. They somehow manage to pack a store a tenth of the size of Home Depot and Lowes with twice the selection. It's like stepping back in time too. They're like a mom and pop store with ACTUAL customer service. Polite and knowledgeable. Even the high school kids that work there know what they're talking about. If you don't already know, next time you're fixing something and can't find what you need elsewhere give Ace a try.

And yes I understand Home Depot and Lowes are more geared towards contractors and stock a large VOLUME of stuff. But people often seem to default to going there any time they need anything hardware related. And I'm not bad mouthing either store but I've lost track of how many times I've walked out without getting what I needed.
The exact reasons why Ace and the other co-op hardware stores have been able to survive in the shadow of the big box retailers.

Originally Posted by mikstr
I have some cuts on my fingers and was wondering if you could squeeze some lemon juice on them.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:26 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by xeris
I have some cuts on my fingers and was wondering if you could squeeze some lemon juice on them.
careful what you wish for
Old 02-22-2015, 08:08 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff Capt. I used to go to a local place in NNJ, where I used to live.